Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Love this game so far. Only real complaint I have is the free vs paid gem BS.

I hope their events are interesting and not mindless grindfests. I loooooved Grand Summoners too but their events were so stupidly grindy while also requiring multiplayer and a room system that I had to drop the game. So many of the gacha game are great on release, but when they move to the event cycle they just have no idea what they are doing. Hoping for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

added

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Bruceski posted:

Is there anything to put red crystals (...orbs? Gems? The red balls rather than the jagged red character growth things) into other than leveling Arks? Those are actually beginning to pile up for me and I want to be aware of other uses when budgeting.
I'm 99% sure there is nothing to do with red orbs other then level Arks. I've also seen mention on reddit that some of the Arks that take blue orbs will switch to needing red orbs as you level them up.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Anyone know of a list of arc 100% rewards? I'd like to put the good rewards ones on while farming.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The jp wiki has a list. I'll link it when I get home later. You could in the mean time do a Google search for ! Last Cloudia jp altama.

Something similar to that will work. Do it in chrome and let it auto translate.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Dupes are killing me in this game but the gacha seems pretty generous overall, at least compared to FFBE. I like the combat a lot - it's a button masher that actually opens up to be a lot more strategic at times. So far what I've learned is I need to play the healer for god's sake because otherwise she sucks at her job. Cool launch, cool game, going to stick with it for a bit and see how it proceeds.

Anyone know how important the tier list is for units? Should I be wary of investing resources into A-rank or even B-rank characters, if I like them? Seems like the kind of game where you can make your team work with enough attention to arks and complimentary team composition, even if you don't have all top tier units? I'd love it if that were the case. FFBE can seem like that at times but the rapid, rapid powercreep and the way that units are handled there means that what works today may not work next month, a few months at most. Hoping that this isn't such a rapid powercreep game, but gacha is gacha I guess. This just feels a little more like a classic RPG somehow.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 25, 2019

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The gatcha in this game absolutely hates me, and it has really sucked the wind out of my enjoyment of things. I am now 0 for 50 since I started playing, after the 2 free pulls they gave.

I would be a little weary of the tier lists for two reasons, the first is that there are two different lists floating around that have a few contradicting units, like Leena being very high in one and very low in the other(because all she does is heal, and that ends up being a lot of overhealing) and also because apparently there were some big changes to nerfing magic in a recent JP patch and these lists might not completely capture those changes.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Agreed posted:

Dupes are killing me in this game but the gacha seems pretty generous overall, at least compared to FFBE. I like the combat a lot - it's a button masher that actually opens up to be a lot more strategic at times. So far what I've learned is I need to play the healer for god's sake because otherwise she sucks at her job. Cool launch, cool game, going to stick with it for a bit and see how it proceeds.

Anyone know how important the tier list is for units? Should I be wary of investing resources into A-rank or even B-rank characters, if I like them? Seems like the kind of game where you can make your team work with enough attention to arks and complimentary team composition, even if you don't have all top tier units? I'd love it if that were the case. FFBE can seem like that at times but the rapid, rapid powercreep and the way that units are handled there means that what works today may not work next month, a few months at most. Hoping that this isn't such a rapid powercreep game, but gacha is gacha I guess. This just feels a little more like a classic RPG somehow.

Right now I'm using white melza as my tank. She's the one you get from the beginner challenges. She's not rated super highly, but her auto is really solid. Unit is like a 7.0 overall on the job tier list, but her auto attack is very highly rated due to stun locking and such. The reason characters are rated highly are due to things like traits and the overall ability for them to fill their roles. Zekus is good because he comes with the passive that prevents damage from breaking casting. That's locked behind a higher levels SR or SSR ark. So for you to build Zekus as a mage it requires less investment than another characters.

I'd look at the tier lists less as is this unit outright good or bad, and more as how much investment would I need to put into a character to have it perform a role well. This isn't the end all be all because stats are a thing, but in current storyline content all characters are viable.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think it's a matter of the high-tier guys just being really SP efficient and having useful skills. Like Sevia eventually gets dual wield for free, when it's normally 14 points.

I got pretty lucky and am running Sevia/Leena/Zekus. Also have Robin in my back pocket for eventual farming shenanigans.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 25, 2019

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Fenris13 posted:

I would be a little weary of the tier lists for two reasons, the first is that there are two different lists floating around that have a few contradicting units, like Leena being very high in one and very low in the other(because all she does is heal, and that ends up being a lot of overhealing) and also because apparently there were some big changes to nerfing magic in a recent JP patch and these lists might not completely capture those changes.

I think Leena deserves to be high because with Arks you can give her attack magic and with Magical Cane she essentially has infinite mana. And on top of that her healing is great.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Here's my thoughts on tiers right now. Physical is not good until massive investment. Investment means leveling arks to get skills to make it good. Since level arks is effectively time gated by blue or red orbs, you will have to make a choice: Physical or Magical first? IMO, this is no choice at all. Magic has to be first, because it is capable of the fastest wave clears in a game that requires grinding a lot of trash mobs. All the physical based characters are going to be taking a back seat for a month+ while mages get built.

Looking at mage stuff you want to get from Arks to start with, I'd recommend this:
1. Healing wind for everybody, this completely eliminates any need for healers for any of the current contnet
2. Galaxy spell to farm some of the later stages easer.
3. Ale of Honor to refresh your mp between waves allowing to you blast every wave down with magic and not run out
4. Take sorcerer's Ark to level 10, gonna take a long while.
5. Unsure on next step, but might be spaceship to 10.

In regards to mage tier list right now: Dyne/Zekus > Princess > Leela/Sevia(yes really)
* Sevia can legit be a good wizard when she gets innate dual wield and is wielding two staves in combination with her ice magic boosting innates.

Physical DPS:
Sevia > Shin > Robin

Tanks/Healers:
You don't need these at all. Especially tanks. People talking these up as being important are just wrong imo. Their roles are not neccessary. Especially tanks, the tanking mechanics in this game are not good and there is too much splash damage and screen wide AoEs to consider tanks useful for anything other than niche encounters. When those show up, use a friend unit, then proceed to never use them again. Healing is obviously needed, but debuffs/buffs and healing wind are really all you need. There is just not much use for a dedicated healer, and the heal scaling is nothing to write home about. The only way in which you might want to get a dedicated healer would have to be done via removing all their other spells so that they never waste their MP.

Obviously, I haven't mentioned a lot fo characters. I don't think they're bad, but they just don't offer anything noteworthy enough to talk about. The Ark system lets just about anyone do anything at a B+ level. The only thing I'll add is that some specific character's AI seem to be especially bad. To the point it makes them noticeably worse than anything else unless you manual them specifically. Someone like Melza goes from like C to A+ if you just manual her. The problem is you can only really babysit one character, and it is difficult to let AI control mages without depleting your mana too fast.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'd argue Robin should be a solid mage. Maybe not skill wise, but for farming sake steal and wave clear means more drops. I'm currently building my Robin as such.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zotix posted:

Dupes or Macro. I've been macroing Ydrasil Investigation overnight with no arks equipped.

Also, I've heard and can't confirm myself that you can do limited daily missions twice a day. Apparently there's like a 5 hour window before the daily reset at 8am EST, where the day rolls over time wise, but the rest doesn't happen until 8am. So you can do missions twice a day if you really want to Min-Max. Again, haven't confirmed this myself.

As far as the second part goes, I was up until 1AM pacific last night so I checked and unless you're supposed to do something weird on top of that, this doesn't work. The daily stuff stayed grayed out.

For macros, any tricks on the timing or just trial and error? I've found auto-combat to be pretty variable.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Bruceski posted:

As far as the second part goes, I was up until 1AM pacific last night so I checked and unless you're supposed to do something weird on top of that, this doesn't work. The daily stuff stayed grayed out.

For macros, any tricks on the timing or just trial and error? I've found auto-combat to be pretty variable.

The issue is monsters on each level are randomized. Even the final stage can have some random elements. I haven't done Ydrasill for like 2 days, but if I recall correctly, you can get the Ogre lord, the plant boss, or 4-5 Crystal elements. The Ogre lord dies easy as hell, but the crystals easily take the longest. When I was doing it, I think my macro was on a 3:30 loop, or a 4 minute loop to account for the longer battles.

I think you can probably do a really fast loop and watch it for like 10-20 minutes to make sure it doesn't do anything wonky, and as long as it works I think you'll have a more efficient macro. Where you basically don't have any waiting time between stages because it's constantly looping quickly. I personally haven't tried this on LC, but I had a really fast looping macro on FFBE and it worked fine there. You just have to make sure that no window can pop up and gently caress you. Also if you macro, absolutely make sure that you have type your password every time for any purchase. The last thing you'd want is to wake up to find it's been looping $99 purchases all night long lol.

Also, if you macro make sure you have the orbs to sustain whatever you're doing all night long. You don't ever want it to purchase orbs with gems, as the exchange rate is poo poo from what I've heard. That being said, I've never seen the dialogue box pop up requesting this, so I have no idea where on the screen the dialogue box pops up or how it's displayed, so I always make sure I have like 8 hours of orbs to macro whatever I'm doing.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Figured it's be something like that, just wanted to check because I remember back when I played FFBE people knew stuff like the exact length of transition screens to get that grinding down to a science.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I unlocked profiles but they're listed as "coming soon". Is that unlocked later in the story or did I just spend 18K on something that isn't implemented yet?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

My iPhone 6 has had trouble with gacha games crashing before but never during world maps and gacha animations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Given my initial griping I would like to say for the record that this game's fine once you get some levels into orb generation/caps. The starting values just make it feel REALLY cramped and set off my optimization instincts in all the wrong ways.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Honestly if you're a min-maxer and even a macroer, I'd contend it's best to not even level up arks initially so that you can 100% TM equivalent them for their equipments.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Zotix posted:

Honestly if you're a min-maxer and even a macroer, I'd contend it's best to not even level up arks initially so that you can 100% TM equivalent them for their equipments.

I agree, but there are quite a few arks who have a TMR bad enough to be irrelevant.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Looks like the Ark Ether rewards also give you a 3x AP rate boost on that Ark.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I'm probably not going to be macroing for this game (especially not until I get a new computer, my android emulators just completely quit working on my current one) , but I have been equipping some arks that I think I'll eventually want the equipment from while casually auto running Yggdrasil while at work for the ether gains.

What level is it recommended to be for the "hard" event levels?

I tried the hard awakening material event dungeon and managed to struggle to the end but got wrecked by the boss.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
I'm not sure but I can do hard of the material dungeon with two level 40's and a 36 if I take a decent supporter hero

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Seeing my friends list mostly get above level 40 when I haven't found many of the second tier of awakening mats sucks. I feel stuck and progress gated but I don't even know what I'm supposed to be doing different to get these things. I looked at a spreadsheet posted on reddit and have grinded the appropriate stages but just super low on all of them, haven't been able to get a single character above 40 yet.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 28, 2019

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
You can buy upgrade materials with friend points but they are pretty expensive so consider setting your friend gift to them

Also for the rarer ones you can purchase only once a day

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
So the Monday Training Dungeon Normal Difficulty seems completely impossible at the level I'm currently at. I'm in Mid to upper 30's and its 4 waves of mages with screen-wide nukes they constantly spam. My healers can't even get off a heal from being juggled so much by spells and by the time one wave is down, I'm out of MP and have 3 more waves of the same poo poo to face again.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, that was brutal.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Ugh, I just accidentally used one of my Etherions on the White Laboratory Ark. I was just looking at different Ether items and accidentally clicked on it and of course there's no message for you to confirm it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
How is Nightmare mode on this only 4*? Goddamn.

Managed the new Ark. Should be good for building an eventual tank out and starts with Galaxy, which is the AoE Light attack.

Leena's proving pretty handy, but I managed to pull two sets of Lilah souls today, meaning I can upgrade her pretty hard if I want to. I'll probably want to eventually, since she's a really strong Light attacker, but I was kind of hoping for either souls for someone I'm using or someone new for fun.

I'm feeling pretty good with my progress. I have all 5 soul spots so far, I think, and have them at mostly blue 6 and red 3. Starting to get to the point where I can start learning skills from level 4 arks.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I like Lilah a lot. I subbed out Leena as soon as I got Lilah. Leena is straight healing throughout and Lilah is a bit more of a support. I loaded mine up with heals and debuffs and such. I run her alongside Melza and Dyne. Melza tanks and provides some off healinn, Dyne blows stuff up and Lilah supports and is a mana battery. Works well for most stuff currently.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'll give her a shot, then. Shouldn't be long to get her to 2*, as well, so that'll be a nice boost.

I'm in official 'oof oof ouch, my blue orbs' mode, threw Flame Hero up to lv4 so that I could get Crit Up 2 on Sevia and man, 400-some orbs a run is rough.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 29, 2019

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Honestly I wouldn't even consider leveling arks really until blue orb generators are at least 6/7 and red is 3/4. Since you can't really get dupes of arks until maybe you max one fully, you can easily put yourself in a situation where it's extremely cost prohibitive to use an ark for anything more than a run or two.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
That's about where I am, 6/6/5 and 3/3. Just cost me a lot of my stash to do the upgrade to 4 for that one, which limited how much I could use it to run. I just switched to red ones for crystalite farming once I tapped out of blue for the time being, I'll get her the crit boost tomorrow, not a huge deal. I feel like it'll be good combined with her 'heal on crit' passive and it's the second biggest boost to it available. There's a crit 3, but it's lv10 on the same one.

And Lilah's already doing work, MP recovery for the party is really strong.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 29, 2019

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

She also has a heal for her first skill. I also throw the healing spells on her so she has multiple sources of healing. Works pretty well for me.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

There are some nodes on the abilities map to, for example, boost Zekius's ice by 3%. Is that only their resistance or do characters also have an innate affinity for doing elemental damage?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I've been using Leela all this time because she was my only other psuedo-magic user (also I pulled a dupe so I was able to awaken her). I just pulled Lilah however and now I'm tempted to start leveling her despite all the time I've already put into Leela.

Also, what are people using their Etherions on?

Looking at my SSR Arks:
Divine Law of Caltia Roun, a robe with a massive 215 Mind, 84 Def, and +30 MP that causes your character to continuously generate MP which seems amazing.
Magic Rifle Lapsis, a gun (machine?) with 143 Str and +20 MP that causes you to do 10% more damage with super effective damage, seems good, but I dunno how to judge these things.
Sword of Kusanagi which is a sword with a big +179 Str and no other attributes which seems meh.

I'm guessing I should be mainly focused on the SSR ones since the chance of pulling dupes is low. There are some pretty good looking things on some SR arks too though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I assume you should save etherions until you have enough to finish off an ark. RNG protection.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Just got my last blue orb generator to level 9. Time for the final stretch. Level 10 is like 330k or 350k gold each.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Zotix posted:

Honestly I wouldn't even consider leveling arks really until blue orb generators are at least 6/7 and red is 3/4. Since you can't really get dupes of arks until maybe you max one fully, you can easily put yourself in a situation where it's extremely cost prohibitive to use an ark for anything more than a run or two.

Yeah, I did almost no leveling of Arks before finishing the story. Tried to not spend any gold until I maxed my blue nodes as well. Trying not to spend blue orbs on arks until I max the red nodes, but there are some diversions that are too big to ignore. Fist, needed some Ark that was worth being a red orb dump when I capped on red (Sorc Eden, then there were a few skills that just make a tremendous difference in what you are able to farm and are not particularly expensive to get (Ale of Honor, Galaxy, Healing Wind).

Also, I farm with level 1 arks on to farm ether %. It is a huge waste of blue orbs, but there is no other way to do it, and it requires a time investment that is so large that being able to do it concurrently now is worth slowing my red node leveling.

Progression path for me will probably be
Sorc Eden 10 to get INT up Max / Fast Aura
Unlock Moonlight skill (forgot Ark name)
Skyship 10 to get the level 10 ability (yes really)

Would love to pull for the new SSR ark, but the banner rates in this game are absolutely trash. I'm fine with the SSR rates in general, but the banners are compeltely pointless. Because of that, I don't see a reason to pull until there is a larger pool of things I actually want to come out of a red orb. The only characters I would be happy in getting are Dyne/Lilah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Game looks pretty interesting, so I've added some folks that have posted their friend id. I'm Gearman in-game as well, id# 116196899

I ended up with Shin + Skyship Lonvalion and I'm still making my way through the early chapters. I believe I've set them as my helpers, and my friend gift to friend points.

There anything else I should be really worried about this early in the game?