Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I've been doing them, I think I missed one day though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Using carries to help clear nm transcendence material dungeon today has gotten me a dragon eye and large hand of time, allowing me to 3* enhance Zekus now and Randi once I get some more beast meat and the event dragon eye reward. :toot:

...gonna need so many blue crystals. Only at 5/20 for diamond dust. On the upside I’ll have enough blue clusters for that and to get atk up max on randi once I get the 60ish blue crystals I’ll need between them.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I managed to snag Primm today and actually had the stuff to take her to 4* after a bit of luck in the Trancendence dungeon. Still need a Dragon Eye to 3* Randi. Not sure what I need to 4* him. I'll get getting Popoi to 4* once I get some some of the 3* material. Grinding up all that junk and having terrible luck on my main party has left me with tons of other loot, I guess.

Also need a metric ton of crystals of all types, obviously.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Has anyone managed to be the final dungeon of the SoM event that is all three bosses back to back with the HP and damage cranked way up? Is there a gimmick to it?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I managed, but it took me a recharge and 15 minutes. I'd be interested in a strategy, too.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
All ya'll with super supports should add me so I can lean on them to trivialize content gacha style. I promise to click button. Honest.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Slime takes me forever to kill, lich takes a bit, and divine beast dies in like 10 seconds. Did the boss rush level in 3:30 without needing to gem

Melza, lilah, Randi is the team I used. Levels were 70, 70, 49

Used a level 77 Randi support

RobotsLoveSpectres fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 2, 2019

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I’ve be cleared the challenge fight twice. First run was 11 min second was 7. Both times I brought a 1400+ atk sevia and had healing/support magic on randi, primm, and zekus. Mana beast was th easiest but sevia or any high str pdps with proud force and good crit rate can self sustain well enough to probably solo it. Slime is the worst because you can’t stop the spell spam.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Since there isn't much to discuss anyway. Here is a shameless flex-post of Zekus that is basically finished. Mostly just need more skill points and element specific boosters.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Where does that magical robe come from?

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Where does that magical robe come from?

IIRC, buyable in the last shop.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I guess I messed up a bit took my divine beast hunter to 7 to learn the Aim: vitals crit boost but apparently it gives the best sword that isn’t the mana sword and I’ve given up chasing that stupid ark and popoi since I’m basically out of free gems.

At least the tournament sword is decent and has an extra 5% crit rate.

Mugaaz posted:

IIRC, buyable in the last shop.

Got it, thanks.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I mean, it takes like 10k runs to get an ether reward from farming, I think you'll get more milage out of Aim: Vitals in the long run than some Etherions later.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I wonder if the frequency of Etherions granted by trials and rewards and such will increase over time?

I remember in FFBE early on you had to grind to get any TMRs and you only accumulated enough Trust Moogles to get a reward every few months, but now you get enough to basically get any TMR you want.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think I have 19 right now, from some ark sparkle rewards and the new mana stuff. Not really sure what's worth splashing them for yet, though. The Mana Sword's nice and all, but the ring from Pirate Ship for more drops might be good?

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Echophonic posted:

I think I have 19 right now, from some ark sparkle rewards and the new mana stuff. Not really sure what's worth splashing them for yet, though. The Mana Sword's nice and all, but the ring from Pirate Ship for more drops might be good?

I have the ring, its mostly pointless imo. Were at point where only clusters matter, and soon we will be at point only rainbow clusters matter. The ring is fun to have, but not huge difference.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I should get getting mjolnir in the next week as well as some other rewards. Mjolnir won't help much with the current event, but it's still a pretty solid weapon that will probably end up going on Robin.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I'm currently grinding radmoon and cultist because it seems that having both of those accessories and high level magic chant results in insta-cast T3 spells, which is kinda awesome since a couple high level friends are setup that way and it's just instant death with zero chance for enemies to react.

Swapped my Zekus lead to Randi for a bit too. I need to finish getting int up max on Zekus and then I think he'll be pushing 1200 int in combat. More once he also has moonlight. Randi is ~1300 atk when he's at max HP and he still doesn't have atk up max yet. Need 30 blue crystals and a couple red though. Those blues could be used to get another 80-100 base int for Zekus too but Randi is such a goddamn murder machine when he gets going. I can see why pirate's feast is such a godsend (though I don't have the pirate ship ark) for pdps because the idea of him having a full load of S1-3 usage every wave of a battle is absurd. I haven't tried to solo the Mana Beast yet with my Randi but I bet I can, though it'd take a little while. While he lacks crit up 3 he still has a lot of crit just from crit 1-2, the tournament sword, and the 3% crit accessory and proud force to heal him a bit on each crit. I could toss moon saber on him for what'd probably be more efficient healing than flammie drum, or give him the crit up spell which would cause a lot more proud force triggers and overall dps boost.

Mugaaz posted:

I have the ring, its mostly pointless imo. Were at point where only clusters matter, and soon we will be at point only rainbow clusters matter. The ring is fun to have, but not huge difference.

Where do rainbow clusters drop from? I've managed to get 2 purples so far from today's daily by leaning on supports to clear nightmare.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Where do rainbow clusters drop from? I've managed to get 2 purples so far from today's daily by leaning on supports to clear nightmare.

0.0infinity1 chance in hard or NM crystal dungeon and event rewards. They're absolutely rare AF. Would recommend not using them on anything other than keystone passives (Dual Wield, High Magic Chant, etc). Using them to take a skill from 3->4 is still too high an opportunity cost still.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Figures. I've only used a blue and purple cluster so far so I'll probably burn one on HMC for Zekus and/or neutral boost for Randi. I don't even know what taking skills from N to N+1 does since the chart entries for them all just have the skill description and nothing else. I assume it boosts the damage and/or speed the skill charges, and maybe adds to max charge?

0/5 on Dragon Eyes for Randi's final enhancement though. :negative:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think I've gotten maybe one Dragon's Eye from the transcendence dungeon. It's easily one of the more annoying parts of it. I need 5 for Randi and 5 for Sevia, but had more than enough of what Primm and Popoi needed for some reason.

I think upgrading skills does all of those things in various measures. It's definitely opaque.

Has anyone messed with the various Researches? I feel like Silence Research might actually come in handy for certain fights if it triggers often enough.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 3, 2019

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

All the researches seemed pretty bad to me, mostly due to their somewhat high SC cost. The proc rate is pretty low. I could see using it if everyone on the team had it and you had dual benefit of near constant application with the near guaranteed damage increase. If it was critical for some fight, I would rather just apply it through magic guaranteed.

I think everyone is still just too starved on SC points to use them on anything bu the most obvious skills. I finally got enough SC on Zekus to get 30% mp refresh on him between waves, so now I can use T3 magic amplified nukes on every wave without going dry. It is the magic version of Pirate's Feast!.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, I think they recognized research skills as kind of crap and are releasing newer versions of it. We got one a little earlier than JP did with Adventure of Mana’s Monkey Baby. It’s only 8 skill points, profs silence and increase damage by 30% against silenced mobs.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

This is basically what my mid-late game Dyne looks like right now.

Still missing the rest of the crit skills, also missing permanant Dark Crit, and a few other pick ups.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

No fire clusters from today's daily so far but its more than made up for by the rainbow cluster that just dropped. :toot:

Zotix posted:

This is basically what my mid-late game Dyne looks like right now.

Still missing the rest of the crit skills, also missing permanant Dark Crit, and a few other pick ups.

2300 int :wtc:

I can only assume that's with buffs running, including Moonlight and everything else conceivable at this point in the game?

Add me if you got a spot: 155550147

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, I think they recognized research skills as kind of crap and are releasing newer versions of it. We got one a little earlier than JP did with Adventure of Mana’s Monkey Baby. It’s only 8 skill points, profs silence and increase damage by 30% against silenced mobs.

I have silence research on Primm atm just because she's still learning other, more useful, stuff and has extra SC in the meanwhile. It's triggered on those satan bush things a few things in the Nightmare daily which is nice since they can just insta-cast T2 or T3 spells sometimes if they manage to avoid being stunlocked by Randi and everyone else. Definitely not worth the SC though since real bosses all seem to be status immune.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Add me if you got a spot:

Done

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

There goes all my luck.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Nice pull!

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
So I have everything from the colab except the FF ark and Primm. Is it worthwhile to keep going or should I save for whatever the next one is?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Save for whatever's next, Primm and the FF Ark are the most "meh" things about this batch.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Looks like you filled up before I could accept.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Looks like you filled up before I could accept.

I'll add you again, hopefully you can snag it in the next 10 min.

It's really cool having in-actives on your friends list that you can't delete because when you click on their profile, it says the user is not found.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Was able to add you, thanks.

I like how there's no "reject all invites" option or a "claim all" for presents. :|

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Is there a side quest I need to do for the chests my treasure maps point to to show up?

Edit: Derp, it's just really pixel hunty

Cynic Jester fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Dec 6, 2019

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Cynic Jester posted:

Is there a side quest I need to do for the chests my treasure maps point to to show up?

Edit: Derp, it's just really pixel hunty

More unlock as you progress too. And some are locked, a chest later will have the key.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Gerdalti posted:

More unlock as you progress too. And some are locked, a chest later will have the key.

I'm pretty sure I'm done now after doing everything in Blaze. I can't see any new quests so I guess I'm doing hard mode now?

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Ah yeah, end of story for now.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Burned my Etherion stash on a Mana Sword, as suggested. Definitely pushes Randi up a level, good lord. Mulched the new Mana Beast with a friend, it drops a buttload of Medallions, so the shop is pretty straightfoward to clear out if you can whomp the Mana Beast down. Just need a few more to get the rainbow cluster.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I just finished up my mjolnir today. Pretty happy with the result. Threw it on Robin and he does work. Wondering if Robin 2.0 can use all weapons as well, haven't checked yet and browsing the jp altema page on my phone is awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Am I missing a source of souls? All the randi's I see have hit 3 bars(?) while I haven't hit 30 souls yet.