Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ruffian Price posted:

Well then we'll have to define the point where we're no longer talking about a purse, but a bag

OK now give me a definition of purse that doesn't talk about a bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Ruffian Price posted:

Well then we'll have to define the point where we're no longer talking about a purse, but a bag
tell that to my mother-in-law. She's got this huge backpack-sized purse that weighs like 20 pounds and fucks up her back.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

3D Megadoodoo posted:

OK now give me a definition of purse that doesn't talk about a bag.

purse

2 of 2
verb
pursed; pursing
transitive verb

: PUCKER, KNIT
pursed his brow

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

purse

2 of 2
verb
pursed; pursing
transitive verb

: PUCKER, KNIT
pursed his brow

Now put one of those in the glove box

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

haveblue posted:

Now put one of those in the glove box

you don't jam your head into the glove box every so often?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Guavanaut posted:

The smart man knows that the queen's swans will go straight for your cock and balls. The ignorant man leaves himself vulnerable to dick peck.

quote:

vulnerable to dick peck

mods please

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Guavanaut posted:

Do cars not have gloveboxes any more? Do some people think that you're only allowed to store gloves in them?

There's no glovebox in the current Miata, which as we all know is the benchmark for all lesser cars.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
With modern technology you don't have to get as good a grip on the steering wheel as you did previously, and so you don't need to wear driving gloves, and so you don't need a box to put your driving gloves in when you're not actively driving.

Honestly the surfaces of cars should just be covered in various sized bits of stretchy netting, you could use those to secure all kinds of items, including purses or bags.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Like a back of a seat pocket made out of netting but many of them just randomly attached to the dash and the doors and who knows wherever else.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

With modern technology you don't have to get as good a grip on the steering wheel as you did previously, and so you don't need to wear driving gloves, and so you don't need a box to put your driving gloves in when you're not actively driving.

You know it never occurred to me why they were called that

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

https://bsky.app/profile/nycsouthpaw.bsky.social/post/3knyimglios23

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

just cover new cars in ikea SKĹDIS, let people get creative

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TNOQuoProQuid/status/1770057388172656721

gah jesus christ

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

extremely hosed for me to be casually browsing and be assaulted by my own twitter account

jeepers creepers-rear end fit

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Same (I'm @dril)

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

apec 2007 was in sydney, the drizzabone coat and akubra hat are 'iconic aussie brands' and that's what we've got in place of a national costume

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

thatbastardken posted:

apec 2007 was in sydney, the drizzabone coat and akubra hat are 'iconic aussie brands' and that's what we've got in place of a national costume

I thought that looked like a driza bone! Bit heavy if you just want a rain jacket, but yeah they sure as hell will keep you dry.

If your bush bashing will keep you from getting scratched to poo poo as well.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
lol Chazwazza coat

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

The huge lapels and poo poo look like they’d collect water

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

cat botherer posted:

The huge lapels and poo poo look like they’d collect water

It's the Australian version of a Freman Stillsuit.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Piss is stored in the drizzabone

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/highbrow_nobrow/status/1770206653620559980

lmao Kasie was ready with that clip

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

dr_rat posted:

If your bush bashing will keep you from getting scratched to poo poo as well.

I'll bet he was so confused when people still bashed him

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Does Kennedy have a neurodegenerative condition?

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

madmatt112 posted:

Does Kennedy have a neurodegenerative condition?

Spasmodic dysphonia is neurological but but neurodegenerative (the difference is that neurodegenerative conditions are "progressive and incurable" per Google - RFK Jr's condition seems to be stagnant and incurable)

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

IIRC part of his anti-vaxxer thing is because he blames a vaccine for his condition

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Garrand posted:

IIRC part of his anti-vaxxer thing is because he blames a vaccine for his condition

Yup:

quote:

The cause of spasmodic dysphonia isn’t known; researchers think it might be genetic, or a leftover disability from a respiratory infection, or even stress.

Kennedy, though, suspects a flu vaccine may be to blame. “I haven’t been able to figure out any other cause,” he told a podcaster in 2021.

In a follow-up email, Kennedy said he wasn’t sure of the connection, calling it “my own speculation.” His press person sent links to fact sheets included in manufacturer packaging of more recent flu vaccines that list dysphonia among dozens of reported “adverse reactions.” The adverse reactions in those package inserts — which are legal, not medical documents — are based on unverified observations, and, as they make clear, don’t suggest the vaccine necessarily caused the reaction.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/rfk-jr-anti-vaccine-push-white-house-rcna89470

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Garrand posted:

I thought he said it was somehow related to his history of substance abuse, I'm probably wrong

*Edit* looks like I am wrong

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

EoinCannon posted:

I thought he said it was somehow related to his history of substance abuse, I'm probably wrong

*Edit* looks like I am wrong

no I think that was speculation by others. could be similar to how rush limbaugh went deaf?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Imma stay away from whatever vaccine made him sound like that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m surprised Elon hasn’t removed those Covid disclaimers.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Cocaine Bear posted:

Imma stay away from whatever vaccine made him sound like that.

According to him, that's the flu vaccine.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

According to him he “can’t think of any other cause”, which tells me he’s a gigantic moron because I can think of like two or three things that could possibly cause otherwise idiopathic neurological conditions. And I’m a medical dweeb, but definitely not a medical professional.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Bad vibes maybe?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

loving hell.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

After 10000 years I’m free, time to conquer earth! - Hitler

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Honestly the surfaces of cars should just be covered in various sized bits of stretchy netting, you could use those to secure all kinds of items, including purses or bags.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Driving gloves are to keep your hands from melting into the wheel in Summer and from freezing instantaneously when touching the wheel in Winter. Hope this helps, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Truga posted:

twitter has already solved the mystery

the bridge was woke

Every bad thing that happens now is because of DEI.