Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I want people to be mad but I'm so fuckin happy we don't have normalized political violence in our society. In so many other systems, Manchin would've been assassinated a while ago. But our system treats violence as an aberration and that's amazing. It's loving amazing. Once you open the violence jar, you can't close it.

Imagine if the Jan 6ers actually found a democrat in the capital…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Never underestimate the ability for GOP consultants to be able to twist and frame literally anything as bad. If they can do it for Fred Rodgers, I’m pretty sure they can do it for “decision”.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Scratch Monkey posted:

Wait… is that supposed to be MLK?

It’s OJ.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Imagine getting burned by a body a water.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Just lol if you think I’m gonna let some deranged kid with a gun kill my family before I do with a gun!

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Could have used less white paint and just make it say FENCE

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

zoux posted:

I am retracting this statement in light of recent discoveries

https://twitter.com/jvn/status/1570780967085936644

I mean he made a post on Twitter, did he expect people not to overwhelmingly want to dunk on it?

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
He’s gonna say the N word I bet.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

A straight, white person definitely wrote all those things.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Why does this dog whistle sound like I'm standing in front of a tornado siren???

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

cat botherer posted:

I really hope millenials don't get the same weird obsession with the pop culture of their childhood like gen x did.

My fiancee owns every single Jeffree Star cosmetic product as well as keeps up with all the myspace people who migrated to youtube so it's safe to say yes, they already have.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Sorry man pop punk is dead and it’s just tiktok people who couldn’t make it any other genre dumping their pop poo poo into the scene now. It’s way more pop and way less punk.

Edit: I’m typing this between sets at a concert right now. Home Team just finished, Real Friends is next. The opener was Taylor Acorn who is some tiktok person who went viral with a cover of a pop punk song so she ditched her 5 year country singing “career” and pivoted to pop punk. gently caress MGK for paving the way.

poemdexter fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 18, 2022

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

zoux posted:

Does the second amendment cover 88mm flak guns

It's just a bit after dusk and my girlfriend and I are walking through central park. It's a picture perfect evening with a picture perfect woman, and my heart could not be more full.

"What's wrong, babe?" she asks. She can feel my hand in hers get a little clammy, but she doesn't know how nervous I am about this moment. I turn to her and get down on one knee.

I pull out her grandmother's ring and say, "Darling I cannot walk another step in this world without you by my side. You are my one person meant for me and I hope you feel the same. I dream about the life we will live together. You fill me with so much hope for the future. Will you marry me and continue down this road with me forever?"

"I'm sorry, did you say somthing?" she says, eyes fixated on the drones in the shape of pieces of candy as they slowly morph into the logo of Candy Crush.

There's a slight hum of drones like a small swarm of bees only interrupted by a single click. My friend is an amateur photographer, and I promised him he would be my best man if he could capture the moment she said yes. A few months later, Candy Crush issues a DMCA against our wedding invitations due to their logo appearing in our photo in the night sky. I become the joker.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

What was it? It says it’s from a suspended account.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I think Kanye is not ok wtf

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

He's a wizard.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Scratch Monkey posted:

Didn't Boebert already do this bit?

Everyone knows the funniest thing an old white guy can do is repeat a funny thing everyone else already heard recently.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Captain_Maclaine posted:

This is the face of a person who has opinions about blockchain.

I promise you all his opinions are “they suck rear end”. He’s like the only non sketchy internet celebrity left.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

For a split second, I confused Maya Rudolph and Maya Angelou and got super confused. The real question is what shoes will Maya be wearing?

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Scratch Monkey posted:

Maybe less avocado toast?

Just don't give your kids anything when you die bing bong so simple.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I don’t know how, but I totally missed the third rear end in a top hat gun in his pants Jesus Christ. And if there’s a gunshot you bet your rear end another “good guy with a gun” is gonna look at him first as the shooter.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So what do they do when the shooter climbs on top of a desk and opens up the drop ceiling panels?

Now, I'm no shootologist, but the phrase "fish in a barrel" springs to mind.

That is by design. Clean up is easier since it's all contained in the box so you can just replace the box for the next batch of students.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
The amount of school shootings should be 0 and not hundreds a year regardless of what fraction of a percentage point of people are affected. Regardless if my daughter actually sees a person with a gun walking into her school, she's already affected by all the lockdowns and drills and other bullshit. Saying it only affects .000000whatever percent of students is disingenuous. No one should have to sit down and consider a risk assessment for sending their kids to school.

A kill box in every classroom doesn't solve poo poo but it sure it fun to laugh at on the internet so it's hard to say if it's good or bad.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

zoux posted:

It's fencing when it's crowd control for Dick Clark's Rockin New Year's Eve. WHen deployed against fascist rioters, they're barricades.

You can only call it barricades when you throw your opponent into them in professional wrestling.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

saintonan posted:

No, they just don't give a poo poo about children.

https://twitter.com/AbeGoldfarb/status/1640726206759809026

republicans: kids are better off dead than gay

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Kids reading a book? We can fix it.
Kids seeing a drag queen? We can fix it.
Kids thinking they might be trans? We can fix it.
Kids getting shot in schools? Sorry, literally impossible to reduce this happening even a small amount.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
How soon will all companies realize that it's way more profitable to make products for people to destroy on the internet than to use in real life. Think of the cost savings of using worse inputs in your product because who cares as long as it's flammable.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

I have no idea how comedy writers are still employed because every absurd idea you could possibly have already happens regularly in real life america. wtf

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Can't wait for the news story in two weeks where he's found dead.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

zoux posted:

Oh no now they have a 90% majority instead of an 89% majority, WV is never gonna go blue at this rate

People should probably stop telling people that voting doesn't work. Voting harder is what got the Michigan trifecta. It's also the only solution available to us.

What if your only two options are a republican and a republican disguised as a democrat?

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

3D Megadoodoo posted:

No I'm sure the Democrats could move the window right.

That's my feeling. They sure as hell aren't doing anything to move it left.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Gyges posted:

Taking pride in making a child cry and threaten to pull her hair.
https://twitter.com/TisStef/status/1653098474169069568

What insanity did I miss where we're terrified of people knocking on our doors or ringing the doorbell? Pretty sure in 2023 using the button that you installed to notify you of people at your door is still the best way for someone at your door to notify you that they're there.

YouTube and Facebook rabbit holes specially designed to keep you scrolling by offering you more and more extreme conspiracy theories such as “people will come to your front door and knock and act normal but they really want to kill your entire family” while serving your ads based on your demographic.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Ordering DoorDash so I can commit legal murder as well as enjoy a warm meal afterward.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

zoux posted:

I suspect that one reason for our polling crisis is that the populace is now savvy enough and cynical enough to recognized that all of those questions are just "Do you support Trump, yes or no". That survey contradicts all the other surveys we've seen about the electoral viability of running on anti-woke BS. I suppose it's possible that republican primary voters are becoming fewer and are concentrating the hitler particles as they boil down, but I really do think it's just an artifact of people knowing what pollsters are really asking about.

or maybe there's a large portion of population that literally believes and feels exactly what is presented in the chart.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

zoux posted:

Luckily they all employ people that do.

https://twitter.com/AkivaMCohen/status/1653501757949988879

Lol RIP to whoever judge that gets this case

This is the text Fox execs are pretending opened their eyes to Tucker Carlson's racism
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1653756579848634368

https://twitter.com/JimSwiftDC/status/1653746712601669632

White men fight by pulling the trigger. Duh.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Petitioning the ACLU to make the state of Texas a recognized hate symbol.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

The proper response.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Reveilled posted:

Having listened to that. I can scarcely think of a worse fate than to be remembered in the lines of that "cover". It's like the music version of this:

Rhyming George Floyd with Metroid is fantastic considering Floyd’s death was in 2020 and Metroid was released in the US 2 years before Billy Joel’s original version of the song.

They should have gone all the way and just referenced Billy Joel somewhere in there.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

MeinPanzer posted:

I saw that he worked on French history and found an interview he did in French and he sounds just as much like a muppet speaking that language lmao

This kind of thing is endemic to academia. I know several American and Canadian scholars in the humanities who either have studied in Europe or research some aspect of European culture or history and end up affecting weird accents or mannerisms, usually some flavor of pseudo-British. It often comes from a deep-seated insecurity about being perceived as uncultured or unsophisticated.

I literally just a couple of months ago was talking to a grad student in my program who has a full-blown English accent and mentioned Canadian Thanksgiving. He responded that he hadn't been home for Thanksgiving in a long time and after seeing my obviously confused expression explained that he's Canadian, lived most of his life in Canada, but went to university in the UK and "just picked up the accent."

Faking an English accent is very much a cool thing to do with younger people these days.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/may/14/fake-british-accents-americans-gen-z

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

cat botherer posted:

Dude looks like Bubbles.

You're disrespecting a former future US army soldier!