Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

zoux posted:

I'm smiling serenly, letting that wash through me and over me. It registers as nothing.

He tried to head off this story by going hog loving wild on twitter:

https://twitter.com/jespow/status/1536978821345292288

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I feel like losing the billionaires is an essential step in healthy policy. Not that that implies this is what Biden's doing here

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That guy's gonna lose his mind when he discovers helicopters

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

happyhippy posted:

How much to 3D print one of these versus the $150 buyback?

Could be just some nerd who did the figures and found an amazing mark up for doing gently caress all apart from print guns.

Way less than $150. That nerd is exactly what it is

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Imagine the photos if they had accepted that solid gold toilet from the Guggenheim

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

zoux posted:

More evidence that this stuff is actually breaking through into the mainstream

https://twitter.com/Chunko2018/status/1561140814713085954

crudites is officially a Meme now, although it's not clear if the connection to Dr. Oz is going along for the ride

https://twitter.com/NYCSanitation/status/1561464068199923712

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Professor Beetus posted:

This is loving great because it was a good reminder that when people say diabetes they really mean type 2 diabetes. I want to shake this person and yell at them that type 1 diabetics absolutely have to have insulin or we will loving die.

I read this article. The headline is intentionally provocative and the content is much better. He does talk about type 1 diabetics, and ultimately comes to this conclusion:

quote:

In place of capping the out-of-pocket cost of just insulin, lawmakers should cap the out-of-pocket cost of all diabetes medications.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
At least we just got a free pitch for the next National Treasure movie

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Skipping over the height thing, wtf is this guy wearing.

He's been touring hurricane-flooded areas, because as a quiet competent fascist he knows appearing to care about Floridians while on TV is part of the governor gig

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PT6A posted:

It's because CHUDs don't understand the concept of "love" in any sense.

Sounds like free love was too tame for them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Whether it actually works is not part of the calculus. It's the worst act imaginable, so your enemies do it, end of reasoning

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Scratch Monkey posted:

Ah yes the "trauma to antisemitism" pipeline

That's sort of what happened to Kanye (his downward spiral began when his mother died in 2007)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
IIRC the person who posted the original screed that started Gamergate admitted that he crafted it to set off as many terrible people as possible. There's a reason "it's about ethics in game journalism" quickly became a joke

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Start breeding very territorial raptors, there's already a small population in New York and they loving hate drones

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

zoux posted:

ok what the gently caress is this manufacturing consent for

I saw a documentary about this, they're tricking children into searching for lost outlaw treasure

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah but we don't go down there trying to get a giant carnivorous spider made prime minister

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Twitter becoming a turbo charged poo poo posting haven is really turned out hilarious

It's hilarious but it's the real and final death knell of twitter. It's no longer safe to be a Brand on the site, and that means not only will no one buy ads but the entities who give the site all the free content that makes users want to visit will go away. Company support and community relations accounts, celebrities, media properties, government representatives, everyone who has an image they don't want co-opted by edgy jokes and scammers for $8. Musk has no plan to stop this, and if he did he has no one left to implement it, and if he had the staff it would take too long.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 11, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Murgos posted:

Or is this not actually the ADL and just someone spoofing the name because of twitters new rules?

It's safe to assume that anything you see sourced from Twitter in the immediate future is fake. They let anyone buy a blue check and they aren't enforcing any rules about names. The whole site is a gigantic cesspool of impersonation right now. The harmless ones are funny, but there's also a ton of phishing and social engineering going on. Someone impersonated the actual Twitter PR account and used it to steal crypto. The remaining staff are utterly swamped and can't even begin to get it under control.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I cannot look at the combination of "a werewolf can kill a vampire" and "#gapol" without bursting into laughter. It encapsulates so much

haveblue fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 16, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

zoux posted:

I mean he basically confesses that the EA stuff was just a PR front - one that the national media bought hook, line, and sinker

He also confessed to having effectively nonexistent accounting practices and a bunch of clear financial crimes

He is getting all the books thrown at him

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

squibble posted:

Ok, it might be my covid fog that's the problem but I'm just not understanding what this is all about. What's the equivalence?

The Biden administration politely asked the media for privacy, then allowed a fashion magazine to document their granddaughter's wedding. The Trump administration told the media to go gently caress itself, then all of them committed a bunch of crimes. These things are exactly the same.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

AvesPKS posted:

I'll bet the groom is wearing a tan suit.

And worse, the bride exposed her shoulders!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
From what I recall 24-hour news didn't really exist until 9/11, when the networks first spent several continuous days covering it and haven't stopped yet

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"I did everything you guys said to do and are obviously going to keep doing in the future"

"...who else can we ask?"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That reminded me of something, so I had to check, and yes, this is the same person who wrote a possibly even more insane article that starts out as a standard screed about how sexual liberation will destroy western society but quickly veers off into la la land even compared to that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BiggerBoat posted:

Where's the beef?

That was 400 years ago

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Murgos posted:

Someone tell the idiot that Twix is a product of the M&M/Mars company. The anti-woke stupidity is just so tiring.

Edit: also something about cancel culture being bad yesterday or whatever.

He's also running the terrible risk of ending up with a left twix

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Murgos posted:

There's a lot of people on the right who have absolutely no clue what their favorite bands or music is about but being upset about the rainbow on the Dark Side of the Moon cover 50 years later seems a bit much.

Most of those people probably have no idea there's a rainbow on the cover of a 50-year-old album and assumed it's is being used only for its modern meaning

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My first thought was that that was a satire made to promote a sci-fi movie or game, but it looks like the Rezvani Vengeance is an actual product that does do all of the things mentioned in the video. Starting at $285K and you need the optional Military Package for all the security and antipersonnel features, but you get the bulletproof vest thrown in for free!

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 23, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, rip

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Murgos posted:

So Teslas drive like Massholes?

They drive like old people, OP

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah that looks like some kind of graphic design screwup, the text says what he meant (undocumenteds are at higher risk of illegal exploitation, which I don't think anyone will disagree with) and the image is so poorly worded it says the opposite

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's a trick to determine your abortion beliefs, based on how many people you count the pregnant woman as

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I gather them all in a room, throw in the 8 tickets, and lock the door until the noises stop

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My formal hoodie

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So how long until very serious talking heads have to repeatedly say “cat turd two” live on air

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I like how the quoted bit is not the most insane thing in the clip (it's apply an aphorism about an active warzone to kindergarden)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Queen was pulling their average way up, next year's numbers will show a strong correction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Maybe there a TikTok challenge to go get bitten by a rattlesnake