Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

How is that any different from today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

There is a thread but it looks dead.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

No, it might gently caress up the performance of the game if they implemented it badly but the reviews will tell you.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Has anybody checked out Good Company yet? You can get it for 28% off on Humble if you have an active Choice but there's no Steam refund if I pick it up that way so I'm interested if anybody has any thoughts.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 1, 2020

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Yeah the Steam reviews are concerning, I figure crash issues will get ironed out in due course and it could be issues with people's setups, but AI logic issues have a nasty habit of not ever really getting ironed out in games like this and it sounds like intermediate logistics is hands off so you can't just fix it with micromanagement.

Edit:Actually reading the dev's posts it sounds like the reviewers might be playing the game wrong?

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 1, 2020

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Yeah the Dev's posted a news update pointing out you can manage transport priority and set shelf limits so I'm leaning more toward Steam reviewers are stupid at the moment. It also looks like they are planning to add work zones soon according to their roadmap.
But agreed managing the logistics looks very fiddly in a way that's fundamental to the design from watching some play on twitch and I haven't seen a real top down view of productivity anywhere.

It feels like it needs a "hold button to show all active connections" but that looks like it would be a nightmare in any of the screenshots on the Steam page

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 2, 2020

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/11/18/planet-zoo-is-temporarily-a-game-about-mass-producing-knackered-warthogs/
Tldr its hard to make player driven systems that scale.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Yeah Good Company is good stuff.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Apr 2, 2020

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Mayveena posted:

Anyone playing Hardspace Shipbreaker? Thoughts?

Really good, more ships and it will be fantastic.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

I think maybe if you post some bullet points of what you didn't like it would be appreciated.:shobon:

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 9, 2020

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Megazver posted:

This is a Stardew Valley-like more than a management game, but My Time in Portia's sequel, My Time at Sandrock is now Kickstarting.
100k seems low and I'm always leery about kickstarts offering a lot of physical merch, in light of how development on Portia went and the increased scope I'm probably gonna pass on this till it's fully released.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 27, 2020

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Mayveena posted:

Anybody play Spiritfarer? It's an Epic Games store exclusive. https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/spiritfarer/home

It has a decent(if sad) story but it's less of a management game and more of a idler with management characteristics as a means of getting to the story and character development.

Just as a word of warning though do not play if you're not down for a fairly sad game about death.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

eh beaten