Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
There's also Graveyard keeper, which has a neat aesthetic. Could've used some proofreading though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Yeah, I'm mad looking forward to the Evil Genius and Destroy All Humans rebuilds.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Ark is literally over a hundred bucks for me, so no.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

It's pretty good, the Aesthetic is more gorgeous than anything shorn of greenery should be. It also gives you the choice between easy building and hard murder so you can play as you like.

The fact that the narrative tries to guilt-trip you when you start making Order/Faith laws is stupid as hell, though. Considering that the alternative to an orderly society in this scenario is human extinction? Sure, tell me I'm evil for asking people to root out others who hid collective supplies for personal use.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Sssort of. I mean, it's Communist by virtue that there's no way to produce excess (Until Automatons, but that's basically post-scarcity anyway) and the commune never exceeds three digits.

Satanic not so much. Cannibal possibly. Terror maybe. But definitely society.

I just got miffed that creating an intelligence network (During a time when a sizable portion of your population is being subverted to do a suicide run out of panic) is considered to be "Crossing the line", but sex slavery isn't.

In more base-building matters, Green Hell is pretty cool. It's The Long Dark, only in the Amazon jungle - more mobs trying to kill you, but also more weapons to defend yourself with and no environmental hazards besides everything being concealed by water and foliage and crepuscular gloom. You also get to build a base, as opposed to shivering on some stranger's toilet.

Hell, the oh-so-friendly natives are kind enough to start singing very loudly when they're about to ambush you.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Or you could go down the Faith path and Jonestown humanity to its doom. Either or.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Hihohe posted:

I also want to suggest KeeperRL to people in this thread. Sorta like dungeon keeper. Dig out a dungeon, recruit goblins and orcs. Kill people to level up so you can learn more ways to summon better monsters.

Early Access but it has got all its parts in there to make it a fun game. There should be a better term for "in early access but is pretty much a complete game"

This looks like my poo poo, gonna keep an eye on it. Thankee.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Graveyard Keeper's got some new content DLC, and it is Baller

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

It's more lore, heavy focus on zombies, booze, large-scale cooking and additional cash.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Wait, really? I thought it was singleplayer, gently caress. NZ internet kinda kills Multiplayer for the most part.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Green Hell just got a farming update. Might take a crack at it after work.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Mayveena posted:

Dragon Quest Builders 2 coming to Steam December 10!

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1196475010866655232

Huh. How's the first play out?

Kinda does. Not sold on the look, but gameplay looks fun.

I just wanna make everyone happy and be seen as a pillar of the community irl :(

WarpedNaba fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 19, 2019

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I'm still waiting for Fable 2.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I liked it.

Then again, I liked House Flipper.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I can't tell if Base Building games help or hinder my, uh, mood issues.

On one hand: "Man, it sure is nice that people like me and I have my own place to decorate/work on and live a fulfilling life."

On the other: "The moment you turn off that laptop, you'll remember what you actually are".

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Mokotow posted:

That first part is fine, in moderation. The second part... you all right, buddy? It’s never as bad as we think.

It's fine. The games help me cope.

Thanks, though.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Yeah, it's... I'unno. It's like Banished or Dwarf Fortress or Dawn of Man, you make a sanctuary in the wilderness for some guys who're down on their luck. Mankind in general are dicks, but at least you did something decent.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I'm still holding out on a proper DK3.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Because it's just so much fun to erupt in impotent rage.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

C-Spam's that way, dude.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Just making a point that you don't have to talk about the past wrongdoing of something every time it is brought up for the rest of time. Rimworld is great, Tynan isn't, move on.

I know, I know, but I saw it and I couldn't resist.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I wish I had a son I could play a building game with.

Or a daughter.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Well, you are kinda changing an entire planet.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Well, Rimworld just released some paid DLC that looks p neat. Some stuff is clearly ascended mods, but it's good poo poo.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I just wish he'd asked me to do the voiceover. I might be a third rate Tony Jay, but that's still Tony Jay!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

He said 'Order around', not 'Deliberately starve'.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

The series?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

It tries to pass off Traditional Chinese Quackery as actual medicine.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I miss the fun letsplays of SA. Like Princess Maker 2, Wall Street Kid, Boatmurdered. Fantastic stuff.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I did like Prison Architect for pushing the 'Reward prisons for their successful reformations (Not just running the programmes, the actual reincarceration rate) is actually an excellent thing to do, even if it's profit-centric' angle nicely.

Some guys just need a second start at life, and I like games where you can facilitate that.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Giving it a try atm, it's a bit of a slow starter - haven't even gotten the hyperdrive going yet.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Don't knock it, I built mine for the express purpose of dropping trolls down the central tower, down 15-20 z levels until they smashed against the grill plate I'd set up over the main mingling hall.

So much azure blood...

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Because I suck at Rimworld/Space Haven kind of games, I'm kinda hoping for a debugging option soon.

The ability to build the perfect ship and go on space adventures without getting too frustrated, baby. Got blown up by an enemy ship on my first jump :(

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Well, I'll take that as proof that my brain's been dribbling out my ears for the last three decades.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Is there a game that's easy on eye strain? I think one of my capillaries burst or something, my left eye's bloodshot as all hell.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Didn't think a Dead Man's Float was tourney-legal.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I could never figure out how to properly turn the rocket to obtain orbit.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

frogge posted:

Has anyone here given "Littlewood" a try yet?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/894940/Littlewood/

Playing it now. It's nice.

Also playing Green Project, which is also nice.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I'd wait for a sale. It's definitely with its charms, but since there's been a bunch of content patches (and likely to be a fair number more) it couldn't hurt to wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Clark Nova posted:

This is babby poo poo compared to any dwarf fortress discussion

I think I was the guy who started the whole air-drowning entire mermaid families thing.

In my defense, those bones were really valuable.