Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Blaster Master [NES] - I was 5 at the time so while I loved the tank and understood the concept of the little dude jumping out to go to the other levels could not put together having to upgrade the tank from boss to open up more areas of the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Shoehead posted:

Between myself, my dad, my uncle, my sister and my grandad, we couldn't figure out how to land in Top Gun for the NES.

Having a kid on the playground saying he landed the plane in Top Gun was always the first clue they were a loving LIAR.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It blew my mind when I tried Kid Icarus again somewhat recently and there were dungeon crawl maze levels. I never got past the vertical scrolling platformer levels as a kid and I never expected it to go that way.

Kid Icarus was a rough as gently caress game that really could show what the NES/Gaming could do but when it came out close to the Legend of Zelda/Metroid it just blown away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxDVTU20iC8

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Randaconda posted:

git gud scrub :colbert:

then lose to the loving robot dragon over and over during the first(?) end game boss stage :negative:

Look back I was kind of embarrassed how long it took a group of us to figure out how to get past the open air Item 1 puzzle right before the Dragon on Wily Stage 1. It was so bad Nintendo had to make a comic about it in Nintendo Power to help every one out.