Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Madtrixr posted:

Its like tier 45 for the last bit of CP so yeah basically the whole thing. Its REALLY easy if you pubstomp tbf, the seasonal challenges hand out a lot of battle pass xp too. I took the dive because I figured until I get a new PC I'm gonna be sinking a lot of time into CODM so i might as well get some cool guns on the way.

Yeah I’m just not sure I’ll get to rank 45 in two weeks. I’ll definitely hop on the next one though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok I’m confused here. I’m trying to knock some of these missions out but they won’t complete.

This says use a BK

This is a BK?

Had the same issue with a PDK or whatever.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Pretty sure it wants exactly 2 attachments on the gun.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Protocol7 posted:

Pretty sure it wants exactly 2 attachments on the gun.

Oh loving hell...

Ok I’ll try that later. I didn’t even think about that.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It also counts the optics as an attachment, which is confusing since it has its own slot.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is some bullshit.

I managed to do this and I let it get down to 9 players and I end up killing two dudes and winning the match.... obviously they want you to get in to the top 10 and die not win because I didn’t get the completion.

They really should make these a little more clear.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Yeah that really should have said "finish in the top ten with zero kills."

I still don't know if it counts when you get killed on arrival and your team finishes top ten.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

moths posted:

Yeah that really should have said "finish in the top ten with zero kills."

I still don't know if it counts when you get killed on arrival and your team finishes top ten.

I dunno and I wasn’t gonna try and find out. I just grabbed a helicopter and flew around till there were 9 dudes left and then let someone kill me.

Wasn’t hard just time consuming.

Now I gotta run 2 fuckers over which isn’t gonna be as easy.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok how da gently caress are you even supposed to do this? I hit two different fuckers head on at full speed and they just bounced off like nothing.

The driving controls are rear end too.

Also did they extend the season? I swear it has 1 day left yesterday and now it has 5?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

They pushed back the next season, citing America's problems with injustice in what seems like a pretty callous attempt at pandering.

You might have to hit someone a few times with a vehicle before they die, your best bet is to find a dumb bot early on.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

To be fair, even when I don't really need to be, all the other corps are doing it, why wouldnt they? Corporations will never pass up a chance to score brownie points to try and cash in when they want to get away with something.

also yeah the vehicle one is a bit tough you definitely have to either hit them a couple times or find someone injured, you'll get it eventually if you just keep trying.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I got mad about "here's a content delay to fight injustice" when other companies are at least making donations to the NAACP and civil rights organizations.

If you're going to buy accolades, at least pay for them.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I have to admit I picked up the game again after the promised Gunsmith update and it does seem better.

Still have $160 Lucky Draws, but the actual gameplay feels a bit more polished and refined. And they ported a lot of the attachments from the new Modern Warfare, like sights, stocks, etc.

Battle Royale has the armor plate system to replenish your armor durability now and the game has a lot more guns. Have done a few matches both in MP and BR with the new QQ9 which is basically the MP5 and it owns.

vvvvv My performance has been really good too, though nothing really makes the iPhone 11 sweat. The general graphics and animations feel more refined too.

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 18, 2020

moths
Aug 25, 2004

My FPS is through the roof now, this was an amazing patch.

Rolling the BR attachments into function bundles was a great idea. Losing some fidelity was a tiny price to pay for streamlining inventory management.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

So I just picked this up after not playing for 5 seasons and holy gently caress am I lost. What’s the current meta? Is it still all bots until high level ranked play?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ive been playing too, its a really good game for what it is tbh. I hate mobile games but I've been doing ok with this one for here and there

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I pretty much played BR nonstop until I got to level 50 of the battle pass.

Now my BR rank is high and it puts me against competent players more frequently, which is nice for the challenge but... I finished my goal for the season, I just want to chill and shoot the occasional dude in BR, not sweat all the time :(

At least there's MP and the new Gunsmith really is fun to play with.

No idea what the meta actually is, but as far as BR goes, blue 3-dot AK47 is the way to go in my experience. With void mods I took down a full 4man team once with one mag.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Just posting because the 1 year update dropped and the new season starts tomorrow. I've still been playing and completing nearly every season on free to play since the first week.

Looks like there's going to be a pretty large new gun system tied to an event that starts tomorrow, they look really cool, hopefully there isn't a monetary tie in. This game still overcharges for anything other than the battlepass.

Also if you haven't played since launch the attachement, gun leveling, and skin system is a copy of MW now. I was pretty upset because I spent a lot of time grinding multiple guns (since each skin had it's own levels) to max level (roughly 12) then they only gave you experience for the gun based on the highest level skin you had for it. I should have multiple guns at 50+ but they were all set to 12... In any case it doesn't mean anythign for gameplay and now I have a couple gold guns.

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.
Recently got a backbone controller and have been trying it out with this game. Does anyone still play it? Thread seems pretty dead.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I usually log on and play once a season, but this time around I deactivated my Facebook and that's the only login I ever used with CoD Mobile for some reason, so I haven't been on. It's still a pretty fun game, I usually play a little bit until the matchmaking starts throwing me in super sweaty games.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
How the hell do you watch ads for rewards? I see no button for it on Android.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
I still play pretty consistently. Well, very consistently, I have completed every season except one early on. IDK why but I still find it fun, maybe because it's not as much a grind as the main games.

They implemented a new clan battles system with the recent update, but goons never took to this one.

If you want to add me its ShawnTM24 in game. Feel free, just post here so I know you're not a rando from a match.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I ended up figuring out how to log back into my account. Not keen on the newest battle pass loot but that's good because I can just save my CP for the next one.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I enjoy this off and on but it just doesn’t grab me the way COD main or Fortnite does.

I’m not sure why because I do like the game a lot.

awkwerd paws
Dec 30, 2012

weezy kiss baby on the lips in the rap city basement
if you just started playing and your kind of a lazy noob about achievements and just keep jumping into the basic multiplayer and going buck without putting much thought into it like ive been doing hit a guy in with a pm and well link up and play a poo poo load of team deathmatch or wev

i was always a halo on console loser and never branched out into a ton of other shooters so im going to take a minute adjusting to all the crap that’s different about cod (insane amount of tedious gun part upgrades, whatever br is supposed to be, etc)

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Personal opinion, and I’m a newb too, but it seems like Domination and Hardpoint are the best to play to upgrade weapons since you’re going to get more kills, than team DM or Frontline.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

This stupid loving game is fun. No team chat. Mute all mics. It’s like a swingers party where you make a team for a round then bounce afterwards. My dumb lizard brain loves levels, achievements, and unlocks. This game is doing MMOs better than the MMO companies. I mean have you seen my shiny beach backpack Carl?!?!!!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Hoo boy, if they're trying to tell me I've been playing this game too much recently and that I should stop, the new main screen music is a good way to do it. It's aggressively obnoxious.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
I'm only ever playing against obvious bots. It's very boring, is there no one playing this or something?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Are you max rank? I see bots occasionally (often in BR) but real players are pretty common.

This new music is so good, too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

DarkAvenger211 posted:

I'm only ever playing against obvious bots. It's very boring, is there no one playing this or something?

bots are really common in lower levels, once you get up a lil bit it gets decreased

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I’m in the 90s and typically it’s 3 real players and two bots in casual. If you want more of a challenge just play ranked. People will be hilariously bad until Pro rank.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Not sure what rank I am, will have to check. I hopped back on after checking this game out when it was first released. Just got bombarded with BUY NOW ads for a bunch of different guns and battlepasses, but all I want is a bit of good shooty fun

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I just ignore all the side poo poo that pops up and shoot mans. Ranked seems to have more real people than bots

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Not sure when it was added as I only just noticed it, but one of the sound effects of opening a door in Blackout sounds exactly like Marge Simpson going "Hmnrrmm?" and now I can't help laughing every time I hear it.

I actually bothered to grind through one of the events (2nd Anniversary) because the Battery/Indomitable camo at the end of it was just too nice not to have.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Payndz posted:

Not sure when it was added as I only just noticed it, but one of the sound effects of opening a door in Blackout sounds exactly like Marge Simpson going "Hmnrrmm?" and now I can't help laughing every time I hear it.

I actually bothered to grind through one of the events (2nd Anniversary) because the Battery/Indomitable camo at the end of it was just too nice not to have.

:hellyeah:

I downloaded this on a whim a few weeks ago and now My PS5 and Switch are gathering dust while I grind outfits and gold gun camos on a loving F2P phone game. This is what mental illness feels like, right?

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Bouillon Rube posted:

I downloaded this on a whim a few weeks ago and now My PS5 and Switch are gathering dust while I grind outfits and gold gun camos on a loving F2P phone game. This is what mental illness feels like, right?

Honestly this is the best CoD game in years. So at least your mental illness has good taste.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah its def the best cod since mw1 for me and i just fart around being silly

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Bouillon Rube posted:

Do you guys use controllers with your phones? I'm having a hard time adjusting to the touch screen. And I think using a controller kind of defeats the purpose of a mobile game that you can play on the go tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rabid Snake posted:

Do you guys use controllers with your phones? I'm having a hard time adjusting to the touch screen. And I think using a controller kind of defeats the purpose of a mobile game that you can play on the go tho

Sometimes I will but the game throws you (or used to) put you into lobbies with other controller users.

It works ok I guess.