Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I'd give it a 50/50 personally. It's like deciding between which direction to be spiteful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Buddy is going to win

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

MJeff posted:

A bunch of people suddenly turning into diehard Jay Lethal superfans has been an amusing wrinkle.

it really is hilarious. i haven't seen this many people rush to the defense of ROH in a long time so this might actually be the buzz they need

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Can someone explain what is “preview” about WWE Backstage until 11/5? Because CM punk hasn’t started yet?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MJeff posted:

A bunch of people suddenly turning into diehard Jay Lethal superfans has been an amusing wrinkle.

His finisher is and forever will be terrible.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It is a compulsion for WWE at this stage

https://twitter.com/TheBarrylad/status/1188965053967372288

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lmao oh god

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

two words describe teh WWE on FOX account: simply epic

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

“Hulk Hogan’s roughly the color of a leather wallet, doesn’t that count for anything? Will nothing ever please you SJWs”

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Holy poo poo burn this loving company down.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4JF7VfgTxS/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I present Exhibit A of the company being the problem

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Looking forward to the Vintner/Kairi tag team.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

like do they want fans

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Enjoying this ratings schadenfreude for no other reason than it working to confirm that all WWE has is habitual inertia. It could disappear and 2/3 of its standard audience wouldnt give a poo poo.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

rovert posted:

I guess Truth will beat Buddy to prove WWE isn't racist

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1188934153762410498

"Oh, and Ron, before you go out there and eat poo poo we need you to revive the Pretty Ricky gimmick"

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

A friend of mine started using the word "vincels" to describe the hardcore WWE fans that'll defend them no matter what, and I think thats a word thats good enough to catch on.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Lid posted:

His finisher is and forever will be terrible.

Seriously, how the gently caress do you manage to make a cutter look stupid?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

H is the 8th letter in the alphabet

888 = HHH

So the audience was in the Triple H thousands

Makes you think

:tinfoil:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I could see WWE being one of those too big to fail companies that's going to live for a thousand years and then suddenly one domino falls away and the whole thing collapses and everyone stands around going "well obviously it was going to break down, who couldn't have seen this coming?"

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Gonzo McFee posted:

I could see WWE being one of those too big to fail companies that's going to live for a thousand years and then suddenly one domino falls away and the whole thing collapses and everyone stands around going "well obviously it was going to break down, who couldn't have seen this coming?"

if the TV deals get cancelled they're gonna be hosed, and being a Saudi Arabia backyard wrestling show isn't really viable, so :yeah:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
WWE going to lose TV and be banished to Saudi Arabia, then they get sudden competition from UAEW and get kicked out of there too

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

H is the 8th letter in the alphabet

888 = HHH

So the audience was in the Triple H thousands

Makes you think

:tinfoil:

If you told HHH 2 months ago that Smackdown would do 888K he'd be psyched because NXT would EASILY beat that and he'd be able to look good to Vince.

Now he can only be psyched because it's the Hitler number.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

wwe fans love the taste of boot

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's true - there's nothing they can do to turn their hardcore base away because god knows they've done everything they could

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That's way more self reflection than I expect from anybody even in the periphery of WWE.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, they admitted they hosed up and apologized which is more than WWE itself almost ever does. Still a spectacularly stupid thing to have said, but at least they're not doubling down or trying to pretend it is everybody else's fault for being offended by them being offensive.

It's kinda sad even that minor self-reflection is notable nowadays.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It reads like an apology for not mentioning those other folks instead of Kairi, not for the absence of those folks lol. Like it's an apology for their response being poo poo without actually acknowledging the root issue.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

We are all WWE fans. Then. Now. Forever.

All the GDT watchers will support them even in death!!!!!

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

We are all WWE fans. Then. Now. Forever.

All the GDT watchers will support them even in death!!!!!

I don't think it's support but rather morbid curiosity at how bad each show will be. Also, when they allow matches to happen they have the roster to be entertaining matches sometimes.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I still watch every episode WWE puts on because I know soon it will get worse so by comparison the show I’m watching now is good

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
idk why but at this point I honestly can’t remember how any of the monsters got over in the past. Like, I don’t remember taker or kane or whoever really holding belts that much, they were there because they just wanted to kill your rear end. why is it so hard to do the same with bray? why do they do any of this? why does a loving spooky supernatural murderhobo want a goddamned belt in the first place???? I loving hate this goddamned company and their stupid loving booking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

uncurable mlady posted:

why does a loving spooky supernatural murderhobo want a goddamned belt in the first place????

to hold his pants up