Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse

Fleetwood Crack posted:

How would that even work? Like how do you inhale from your anus?

don't google it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Fleetwood Crack posted:

There is no wrong way to get high, friend.

uh actually there is it's called those ecigs that destroy your lungs and kill you. that's DEFINITELY not the right way to get high

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Hell Yeah posted:

uh actually there is it's called those ecigs that destroy your lungs and kill you. that's DEFINITELY not the right way to get high
Meh, I'm not convinced. Death is preferable to sobriety, after all.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Fleetwood Crack posted:

How would that even work? Like how do you inhale from your anus?

Very carefully. It's like a fart backwards.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Hell Yeah posted:

who cares about edibles. if you're not smoking giant stinky joints of flower whats wrong with you.

i agree dude, something about the smoke itself pushes marijuana that extra mile for me. even bongs seem too clean to hit sometimes and i'll just rip my little glass piece

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Every single person here will be smuggling weed from Illinois in January.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

TLRY up 11%

:2bong:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

the good fax machine posted:

garden of the gods is probably the best thing colorado springs has, take a drive/hike through there

I used to do a lot of rock climbing there about 40 years ago, when I was young and fit. I Recommend a trip through there.

Avoid Focus on the Family. At all costs.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
my best guess is anywhere between 4 to 10 years from now

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Genesplicer posted:

I used to do a lot of rock climbing there about 40 years ago, when I was young and fit. I Recommend a trip through there.

Avoid Focus on the Family. At all costs.

Thanks I have a list of things to do after the show. It'll be Slayer with special guests Primus, Ministry and Phil Anselmo and the Illegals. So all the activities will be done with ringing ears. I've seen ministry live and even with foam ear plugs I still had ringing ears the next day.

Also this might be our first interaction where I have gotten a probation from you. "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1187735564369432576?s=19

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
This is the only weed I will ever need

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

feelin' that bern

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
burnin' one for Bernie

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

EorayMel posted:

This is the only weed I will ever need

Is that supposed to be Canada thistle? Defo not Canada and pretty sure it's bull thistle.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

Businesses in states where it's legal can still use the federal law as an excuse to fire you.

as though businesses didn't already have a million other excuses to fire people with

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

OP the answer depends on how much of Congress is Republican

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Squalid posted:

Trying to guess the answer to this and there are a few barriers that need to be overcome, but there are definitely forces pushing things in that direction. Firstly Mitch McConnell is pretty opposed to legalization and right now he may be the biggest stumbling block. Before Federal legislation can move forward either he has to be replaced by someone pro-weed or there has to be meaningful pressure on him to take action. At 77 he is likely to be replaced as Senate Majority Leader within the next 10 years, beyond that interval legalization becomes much more likely. For anything to happen while he is still Majority Leader, the structure of the Senate means that effective pressure must come from within the Republican caucus. While getting a majority of Senate Republicans behind legalization in the next 10 years seems unlikely, even a relatively small bloc could apply enough pressure in cooperation with Democrats to force McConnell's hand.

As seen in states like Colorado and Alaska, following legalization, Federal level politicians who were previously anti-cannabis have generally turned around and become advocates. This isn't that surprising, because most politicians follow the money, and legalization created large pro-cannabis lobbying and donor networks. This means that Republican Senators who are now opposed or indifferent to legalization can be converted into advocates through state level legalization. For this reason, I believe the best way to force national cannabis legalization is to win ballot initiatives in states with Republican Senators. Fortunately next election we will have several of these in states like Arizona, Florida, and North Dakota. Within four years I think there will be sufficient support within the Republican party to force legislation through Congress even if the leadership is still opposed.

Now most likely we'll have to win take a few small wins at first. One of the most important gradualist changes on the way to complete legalization is to liberalize cannabis banking. This seems esoteric, but it has huge potential power. This is because by liberalizing the financing of cannabis business, allowing large national corporations to participate and money to cross state lines, we create a much more powerful pro-cannabis lobby. The point is to inject money into the fight. We have already seen the power of unleashing money to make change, legalization in just a few states has created an explosion of well financed efforts to fight for legalization. Unleash the money and business interests will be able to apply more pressure for descheduling than grass-roots activists could ever dream of.

Alternatively if Democrats can win the Senate and House it's likely they could get legalization passed. That seems unlikely in the next two years at least, but who knows. I'd estimate that given the present rate of change there will be sufficient bipartisan consensus on drug-liberalization that will will see de-scheduling within four-six years. State level criminalization might continue decades in a few states but the vast majority of people I think will be free to toke within that time frame.

This is kind of what I was trying to get at and have suspected ever since the issue of statewide legalization was first introduced. The only difference being that yours was eloquently presented, contained reasoned analysis of the current and potential upcoming political and cultural landscape supported by facts, well-constructed hypotheses, and a set of constructive calls to action to achieve meaningful progress through a series of intermediate steps between the current political environment and one in which federal legalization could realistically occur.

So, I guess what I'm getting at is :same: