Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

flavor.flv posted:

The answer, of course is yes to both

This answer is serious btw, it's great getting updates from orange kid on the useless things he's working on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I definitely thought I got further in Earthbound Zero back when starmen.net did the ROM translation hack but I absolutely do not remember anything past the walk to Podunk. Any non-spoilery general tips or things to watch for?

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

You're going to want to grind a lot. When you level up, if you want to save scum, each stat has a random amount it increases by, and you can use the save states to get better stat upgrades, particularly to HP and PP. You also learn a new pair power randomly during a level up and not at set levels, so you can save scum after each stat increase for Max gains and a new pair power every level.

For that matter, the random encounters are tied to opening the menu. As an example, if you take five steps and a battle starts, you can use rewind, take four steps, open the menu, and then it may be one step or twenty before the next random encounter.

Keep an inhaler on hand at all times, you never know when you'll need it and you can't recover from the condition without it (or dying)

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I never noticed before but in this replay I found out after you restore Threed, there are ghosts and zombies in south Threed where the tent was inside the circus cars.

drat this game is still so good and after 25 years I'm STILL finding new things

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I naively trusted Orange Kid when I was young. I was a fool.

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

sponges posted:

I naively trusted Orange Kid when I was young. I was a fool.

You're not the only to be burned, OP.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

This owns.

https://twitter.com/comfortfoodvg/status/1509913445491253255?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I wish I still had it, I gifted it to my cousin on the other side of the world, but I had a really cool Mother 1 guide

The only thing I clearly remember from it though was that it had a pic of Itoi smoking a cig in it.