Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CelticPredator posted:

The problem with listing Age of Ultron is that it isn’t called A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Ooh yeah. Granted I’ve only watched the Kill Count vid on it but cripes it looked abysmal!!

My worst of the past decade in terms of mainstream movies is Ready Player One but that’s easy cause the book is loving trash too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s a movie that does more damage to the character than part 6 ever did. I just hate it. It’s so lousy in every single way. There’s a good minute in that movie, but that’s it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I liked Infinity War. I thought it did a good job juggling all the characters and subplots while maintaining momentum with the story.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Gripweed posted:

I liked Infinity War. I thought it did a good job juggling all the characters and subplots while maintaining momentum with the story.

I thought it was surface level character-wise, plodding, and it took two and a half hours to tell a story that took place in, like, three locations. It's only "saved" by a downer ending (which everyone knew was pointless) and a decent death scene performance from Tom Holland.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LesterGroans posted:

I thought it was surface level character-wise, plodding, and it took two and a half hours to tell a story that took place in, like, three locations. It's only "saved" by a downer ending (which everyone knew was pointless) and a decent death scene performance from Tom Holland.

This is fine for me though. All I wanted was to see characters cracking wise with each other and punching.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

CelticPredator posted:

This is fine for me though. All I wanted was to see characters cracking wise with each other and punching.

For sure. It wasn't a surprise. If you've seen the other Avengers and Civil War and liked them you definitely got more of it. For some reason Infinity War just sticks in my craw, it feels really... hollow. Like, I don't like Civil War either, but it at least felt like it was saying something.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I didn't like the first two Avengers movies, but I think I just hate how Josh Whedon writes characters.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I've seen 270 feature films made between 2010-2019. My idea of the worst are films I had zero respect or admiration for. Not a single moment I liked. For example, while I think Blackhat and Red Riding Hood were terrible, they were at least a fun sort of terrible since you can at least joke about them. (Not to mention, the latter at least has Gary Oldman hamming it up). These are films I won't even bother looking up years or directors because I honestly don't give a poo poo. Also, most of these were watches while I was married to someone with somewhat mediocre taste, so I'd never pick these on my own to watch.

Pan - gently caress this loving garbage heap. Wow, it sure is hilarious seeing a child get hit in the balls. It sure is fun to see pirates singing a Nirvana song that's absolutely not ripped off a vastly better film. It kept making me ask, who the hell is this meant for? It's too creepy and dark for kids, yet I can't imagine kids finding this fun.

Black or White - Wow, nothing quite like making a film that poses as being anti-racist by having a white savior. I actually don't remember much other than me wanting to throw the disc in the trash if it hadn't meant I had to spend more money on it.

The Hunger Games - This is such a revolting, evil film. I haven't read the novel, but this is such an unpleasant, ugly film. It's like Salo without the layers of irony. Odd thing is that I liked Catching Fire, which actually had something to say about violence.

Earth to Echo - I think my brain wiped out any memories of it, but all I remember is it being loving annoying from start to finish.

Les Miserables - I'll be honest in saying I bailed out 1/3 the way through and I'm not really familiar with the source material, but the third I watched sucked.

Also lovely, but apparently not lovely enough for me to actually hate them: Alice in Wonderland, Beavis, Green Lantern, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Kingsman, The Host (which actually turns into a good movie in the last third).

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Egbert Souse posted:

Les Miserables - I'll be honest in saying I bailed out 1/3 the way through and I'm not really familiar with the source material, but the third I watched sucked.

This is a very good choice. The movie is so bad that, even though I think Anne Hathaway's "I Dreamed a Dream" is very good and the filmmaking works for it, the rest of it is so terrible that it doesn't even matter.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

quote:

In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight
And all I see is him and me forever and forever

She's singing about Paris, lights, unrequited love! Walking on the banks of the Seine, the most romantic river in the world! What wonder, what pathos can cinematography bring to this moment realised on the silver screen?

Oh.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

10: American Ultra

The shadow of Punished "Venom" Landis looms large here, but he only wrote the bad script where his self insert realizes he's only a useless, dependent leech because the government made him that way so he wouldn't realize how much of a badass he really is, he didn't direct the dull action scenes or make the decision to cast Walton Goggins, one of the best actors for delivering verbose dialogue, as a barely verbal Joker supersoldier with the mind of a child. Just a waste of everybody's time.

9: Ghostbusters

I hate that this is on here, because everyone involved in this deserves better. The leads have been legitimately funny before, and even Paul Feig isn't entirely irredeemable, as he was a vital part of Freaks And Geeks, one of the funniest and most emotionally honest tv shows I've ever seen. This is a comedy without jokes, where every bad improv session is made even less entertaining by a lifeless editing and shooting approach that makes everything look like one of those video game cutscenes where everybody has to stand in place repeating the same animations that are in every other cutscene because they can't make the character models believably touch each other. That lack of energy extends to the godawful action scenes, which mix the standard "just make the ending a giant evil vortex" structure the MCU has turned every blockbuster into with a trick I first saw in Ang Lee's Life Of Pi where all the effects slop over the aspect ratio matte and it just looks like poo poo.

8: Cop Out

I think enough has been said here.

7: Avengers

There are probably worse Marvel movies that came after this, but this is what they all spawned from. All the sub-ABC prime time cinematography, all the glib detachment from any sense of consequence, all the awful costuming, all of it descends from Punished "Venom" Whedon and this toy ad of a feature film.

6: Alice In Wonderland

What makes this so bad is not the half baked attempt to rework the Alice story into some sort of LOTR knockoff or the glut of live-action-with-copious CGI Disney reboots it led to or even Punished "Venom" Depp's awful dance, it's that the color palette is best described as "moldy eggplant".

5: Baby Driver

At some time during the runtime of this movie, I realized Jamie Foxx was playing a DVD box cover Edgar Wright thought was cool in 2004, and then I realized that was every character.

4: The Lego Movie

Seldom have I seen a more cloying and exhausting exercise in brand engagement.

3: Hillary's America

Politically vile and plainly incompetent.

2: The Disaster Artist

The Room, for every flaw in its production, is a guy with something to say saying it as well as it can. That something is "women are irrational demons", but that's more than The Disaster Artist has. What this has to say is "I, Punished "Venom" Franco, have a half decent Tommy Wiseau impression, and rather than putting together a five minute Funny Or Die skit based on that, I had the idea to have all my famous friends reenact scenes from the production of a movie we all think is funny." The Disaster Artist does not seriously engage with the question of who Tommy Wiseau is, or with anything The Room tries to say, and the closest it comes is its facile attempts to explore the friendship between Sestero and Wiseau.

1: Most Likely To Murder

This one has a story to it. So I was pitched on this by my mom, and the bit that got me to watch it was "Billy Eichner's in it." He's in literally one scene, and the rest is a no budget neo-noir riff with the least charming, least interesting, least funny lead I've ever had the displeasure of watching, and the story hinges on a condiment-themed sex tape and a man helping his elderly mother commit suicide. That should get across the general lack of tone.

Honorable mentions: Birdemic, Fateful Findings, Book Of Henry, and Collateral Beauty are all too funny to be on the list, and if I was including documentaries I'd put in The People Vs George Lucas and Room 237.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 29, 2019

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Birdemic is truly awful and incredibly poorly made, but the diner waitress saying “Hi!” after the opening credits is maybe the hardest I’ve ever laughed at a movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Death Note (2017)
Honestly, an American take on Death Note might have some merit in 2017 exploring what happens when a privileged but sheltered man gets ahold of more power than he knows how to be responsible with, but it could not decide whether it wanted to ape the manga or do its own thing and it was not good at either.

The Smurfs
For birthing the "cartoon characters but in the real world" subgenre that persists in some form or anotuhhhhh....meow? to this day.

Oz The Great And Powerful
Universal just needs to get this drat Wicked movie out already.

Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them
More like desperate spinoffs and how to tolerate them

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The continued insistence on trying to make this franchise work after the first three makes me sad that Disney now holds the copyright for Monkey Island and will do nothing with it.

The Secret Life of Pets
Illumination's movies are completely flavorless mush and it's by design and why did Nintendo give these guys Mario?

Honorable mention for a movie I haven't seen:

The Human Centipede
This seems like a meme we all let get out of hand.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Gripweed posted:

It's just straight up a movie for nazis. In the original Puppet Master series, Andre Toulon created his puppets to fight nazis, and fled to American and killed himself so the nazis couldn't get their hands on his puppet secrets. The Littlest Reich is a reboot that turns Andre Toulon into a nazi serial killer who fled to America so he could continue killing, and all his puppets are programmed to kill minorities. The movie is just a series of extremely gruesome murders of black people, gay people, drug users,Jews, people in a mixed race relationship, women who won't gently caress you, women who gently caress too much, etc. All done in a way that is very clearly for the audience's enjoyment.

And one of the classic Puppet Master puppets is turned into a frog puppet. Because the movie isn't just for nazis, it's specifically for 4chan nazis.

what in the gently caress?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

banned from Starbucks posted:

what in the gently caress?

Yeup.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ok i change my votes. The worst movie is whatever that poo poo is.

Jackapol
Sep 16, 2007
Huh huh buhhh.
Wow a bit surprised this hasn't been mentioned but I'm guessing most forgot that this just barely squeaked into the 10s, and I'm assuming all would love to forget 2010s most absolutely miserable film Sex and the City 2

Somehow just terrible even by the series standards and with a weirdly racist lean to it, kinda feels like humanity as a whole just tried to blot this one out of memory.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

banned from Starbucks posted:

ok i change my votes. The worst movie is whatever that poo poo is.

dude that write-up didn't even include the part where a puppet designed like a Jewish stereotype crawls up a pregnant black woman's vagina and rips her fetus out of her belly, and no not a single loving word of that is untrue.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Argo deserves special condemnation as the worst Best Picture Oscar winner of the decade. As a movie, it's competently made but nothing special. Historically illiterate and whitewashing a bunch of things, but that’s normal for big-budget dramas. As a piece of film history, though, it’s a good example of how much Hollywood loves itself and America despite mountains of evidence that both are actually very bad. It managed to win when put up against Beasts of the Southern Wild, Life of Pi, and Django Unchained, and all it had to do was flatter the film industry as geniuses and humanitarians and heroes, and cheaply invoke patriotism during crisis.

Worse than all that, Argo is a literal psyop that managed to partially rehabilitate the CIA through its release exactly a month after that agency’s worst disaster in recent history (yeah, Benghazi!). The critical adoration seems highly suspect in hindsight, but unsurprising even if the CIA wasn’t paying everyone off. That whole era of state power intersecting with official culture is a garbage pit that should be filled in and forgotten.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In no real order

Foodfight
Even if this movie wasn't so ugly, badly acted, badly written and just generally unpleasant to watch, just the very concept of this movie would get it on this list. This is basically one of those bad Christian films but Jesus is replaced with capitalism. I might not ever see a worse film

The Last Airbender
Just weirdly bad. I know Shyamalan's work has slipped and this one in the worst part of his career but even for him at his worst its just baffling. The writing is some of the worst I've ever seen, the direction is full of odd choices and just terribly done scenes and just this is the only film of his where none of his talent shines through. I think I dislike Lady in the Water more than this but it at least has some heart put into it.

Anneliese: The Exorcist Tapes
I believe this is the third in Asylum's Paranormal Entity series and by far the worst. I don't remember much about it anymore other than it sexualized the poo poo out of the possessed girl and not like in a way where she's trying seduce people or anything but more that when she's flailing around possessed sometimes she gets naked and the other characters react in kind of a screwball sex comedy way. I have seen a lot of bad found footage and this is the worst one I've found.

Branded
Branded is like the opposite movie of Foodfight. Foodfight was very clear in it's lovely messaging while Branded has a decent message but also just rambled incoherently about it. Branded very much wants to be an anti-advertising movie but it somehow fucks it up. It shouldn't be hard to come up with ways ads are terrible but the movie attributes things to them that just aren't there while never mentioning the actual bad poo poo ads do. It's just a mess.

Dream House
Shutter Island if Shutter Island was written by an idiot.

Episode 50
Did someone say Christian found footage horror movie? This was my worst found footage movie until I saw Anneliese. Nothing I even remember anymore, just that it was as bad as you'd expect.

Computer Chess
Some people like this movie but this was just nails on a chalkboard for it's entire running length for me. The main thing was as a comedy I found it painfully unfunny and often downright hard to sit through as the awkwardness played out. I rarely get angry at a movie just because of how uch I dislike just sitting through it but that was the case here.

Silent Hill Revelation
Probably the worst video game movie I've ever seen, which is saying a ton.While the first was a labor of love that didn't entirely work, this one is just an empty nothing of the movie that is bad as an adaptation and worse as a movie.

The Hangover Part 2
Just an ugly, mean film that revels in it's laziness. While I wouldn't call this a worse movie than Foodfight, Hangover 2 is still the more vile movie.

Infinity War
Im not putting this here to troll, I really hate this movie. While the direction i competent, the action is fine and the actors are charming as only, this is still the movie that was just too much for me. For me it's a movie that expected me to see every MCU film, gave me hours of death that I felt nothing over because I knew it was going to be mostly undone and an ending that said "okay, now to finish you're going to have to see three more movies". It was just a slog that made me feel nothing but contempt for Disney and overall It just wasn't fun and if you take away the fun from the MCU movies, you got nothing else.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Tart Kitty posted:

dude that write-up didn't even include the part where a puppet designed like a Jewish stereotype crawls up a pregnant black woman's vagina and rips her fetus out of her belly, and no not a single loving word of that is untrue.

Just watched the trailer for it, and a random YT review on it. The trailer starts with the 'this is a scary movie, those with a heart condition beware' crap that wasn't believable even back in the 50s.
And from the review the script has some really bad racist dialogue.
Man, I liked the Puppet Master series.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

happyhippy posted:

Just watched the trailer for it, and a random YT review on it. The trailer starts with the 'this is a scary movie, those with a heart condition beware' crap that wasn't believable even back in the 50s.
And from the review the script has some really bad racist dialogue.
Man, I liked the Puppet Master series.

I know that this is a very funny sentence, but I mean it sincerely; It's a complete betrayal of everything the Puppet Master franchise stands for.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

I know that this is a very funny sentence, but I mean it sincerely; It's a complete betrayal of everything the Puppet Master franchise stands for.

Fran, I know you just changed the name of the thread but you know what you have to do

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like to think I’ve mostly been ok at avoiding trash but here are my lowest-rated movies from the decade on criticker that aren’t like Neil Breen movies or some such thing

10. The Internship
I had to check which this was but it’s like Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn doing a google internship with Youths and it’s just such an embarrassing and bland flick that’s basically an advert for google which has aged horribly and it’s not exactly like people were still falling for “don’t be evil” in 2013

09. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
One of my main memories of this is turning to my housemate at the time during a Peter/Gwen drama scene and saying “this is like one tree hill: the movie” and then about 30 seconds later there was a shot of Peter in silhouette with an orange sunset exactly like the one tree hill opening sequence

08. Dark Phoenix
This movie is so boring and inane and such a huge waste of money and almost every piece of dialogue is a boring stock phrase. The climactic exchange is literally “Your feelings make you weak!” “No.....my feelings make me strong.” gently caress Simon Kinberg and gently caress this movie

07. Human Centipede II
It’s like the world’s stupidest person tried to make the new Eraserhead. Maybe it’s actually an intentional comedy but it really didn’t feel like it at the time.

06. Suicide Squad
I don’t know I’ll ever be able to get the taste of this movie out of my mouth. Just total trash for teenage idiots. “Have you heard of the pyrokinetic homeboy?” is one of the worst lines I’ve ever heard.

05. Tim and Eric’s Billion Dollar Movie
I’m actually a big Tim and Eric fan but I watched this around the time it came out and it fell completely flat for me. Mostly it bored me and then the puerile/grossout stuff was awful, it felt like someone failing miserably at trying to cooy the T+E style. Everything they’ve done since has been good again though so idk what even happened here

04. Man of Steel
Look I don’t want to start a whole thing in here but given how many posts are about Marvel being awful I feel like I’m allowed to stare that I honestly think this is the worst superhero film of the decade and maybe ever. The loving Avatar dragon monster poo poo in the beginning turned me off immediately, Russell Crowe never ever fucks off even though he’s meant to be dead, Kevin Costner’s Dad Kent is a piece of poo poo, the entire interpretation of the character is a piece of poo poo, that flying scene is cool tbh, the pseudoscience “he has uhhhh every kryptonian citizen inside him because uhhhhh” is far worse to me than infinite energy sky lasers or whatever and is a piece of poo poo, Snyder is an awful director in every way, just a huge incompetent loving moron, oops I forgot how mad this movie makes me

03. Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
A gigantic waste of time and a good cast that squanders everything enjoyable about the first one with flat direction and original Frank Miller stories that are just as awful as you would expect from something he’s written this side of the year 2000.

02. Transformers: Dark of the Moon
I only watched this because of the Transformers thread in here and it was definitely hilarious to watch it with the realisation that Bay is so incompetent he accidentally ended up making Megatron the most sympathetic character and Optimus a warmongering fascist and ended LaBeouf’s character’s arc with him killing someone for no reason, but that doesn’t stop it from being trash of the highest level. And this isn’t even the worst film in this franchise. Man are we done with these yet? I hope so

01. The Cobbler
So my worst one ended up being a Sandler film, but this isn’t one of those Happy Madison vacation excuse joints. It’s a movie co-written and directed by Tom McCarthy of Spotlight fame, and came out in the same year as Spotlight, yet it’s so fascinatingly bad and misguided in every way. Like multiple people read “the protagonist puts on his dad’s shoes so he looks like his dead dad and then gives his mom one last night of romance” and were like yeah sure let’s do that and it’s meant to be heartwarming and not gross. Just utterly bizarre. There’s racism and almost-rape and transphobia and then it ends with a whole thing about how all cobblers are part of a secret society who are at war with dry cleaners and also a twist that earlier in the movie my friend and I were like “what would be the dumbest twist possible” and THAT EXACT THING HAPPENED. and then a year later, this dude won best picture. just an absolutely baffling and stupendously bad movie in every way.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Infinity War and Endgame are hardly the nadir of the MCU when Iron Man 2 and Thor The Dark World just meander around for hours and hours. At least with Endgame over with I told myself that I would never watch another "cinematic universe" to it's full extent ever again. It was the film equivalent of reading a fandom wiki entry and took about as long.

As for more terrible films, Hot Tub Time Machine 2 was shockingly awful.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Honestly I wish it were more of this, instead of wasting so much time on a (imo) weak attempt to build a force of nature like Thanos into a compelling villain

axelblaze posted:

In no real order

The Last Airbender
Just weirdly bad. I know Shyamalan's work has slipped and this one in the worst part of his career but even for him at his worst its just baffling. The writing is some of the worst I've ever seen, the direction is full of odd choices and just terribly done scenes and just this is the only film of his where none of his talent shines through. I think I dislike Lady in the Water more than this but it at least has some heart put into it.

Holy gently caress this movie is less than a decade old? That feels like forever ago. Definitely in the top 10 for me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Guy A. Person posted:

Holy gently caress this movie is less than a decade old? That feels like forever ago. Definitely in the top 10 for me

This is how I felt when I saw someone mention Prince of Persia.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Lol at the guys dunking on the Marvel movies when the Fantastic Four (2015) exists.

OK, my picks. I did not see it but my wife came out of Inside Out ranting about the wast of time. The Last Jedi should get mention for attacking the original three Star Wars movies.

Man of Steel was terrible. They had something that might have been interesting with setting up Superman as someone who wasn't born into a set life role but ruined it with DC's obsession with dark story telling. Hey, Kevin Costner, there's a tornado coming and there's a dog stuck in a truck. Do you (a) leave him there and hope he survives, (b) send your indestructible and super fast son or (c) kill yourself by running head-on into a tornado.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

gently caress, I just remembered that 300: Rise of an Empire exists

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So did Hitchcock.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

As long as everyone is going ham on super hero movies, I want to mention Spider-Man: Far From Home as holding special disgust in my heart entirely for the drone strike scene. I cannot stress how insanely out of place it is for a character like Spider-Man to just accidentally order a drone strike on the school bully and the whole scene is obviously supposed to be comedic instead of a horrifying commentary on the world we live in. And this is from a franchise (the MCU) that is generally praised for "getting the characters right".

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

gently caress, I just remembered that 300: Rise of an Empire exists

There's a bunch of forgotten big budget historical epics from the first half of the decade listed on my Letterboxd that I know I've seen but couldn't say much about except that they're terrible: Clash/Wrath of the Titans, 47 Ronin, Hercules starring The Rock. I'm sure there are a bunch more I haven't seen.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

There's a bunch of forgotten big budget historical epics from the first half of the decade listed on my Letterboxd that I know I've seen but couldn't say much about except that they're terrible: Clash/Wrath of the Titans, 47 Ronin, Hercules starring The Rock. I'm sure there are a bunch more I haven't seen.

I completely forgot about 47 Ronin. I even saw it in the theater! It stinks!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Arcsquad12 posted:

Infinity War and Endgame are hardly the nadir of the MCU when Iron Man 2 and Thor The Dark World just meander around for hours and hours

I definitely enjoyed both of those movies more than Infinity War.

Darth Brooks posted:

Lol at the guys dunking on the Marvel movies when the Fantastic Four (2015) exists.

More than one movie can be bad, friend.

Also, Fantastic Four isn't necessarily on their level. You can at least see some of what Josh Trank was going for before it was completely messed with. Even though the final product was terrible I guess it gets credit for that. The Marvel movies were designed and executed from the top down to be purposefully awful.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Waffleman_ posted:

So did Hitchcock.

Hitchcock is just... a baffling movie. "Drunk rear end in a top hat superhero tries to rehab image" is fertile enough for a whole movie. But then there's the whole... other half of it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nth'ing Now You See Me, Star Trek: Into Darkness, and Age of Ultron. NYSM is so loving bad, from its concept, to the lazy CGI, to the "twist" that it blows my mind that it somehow got a sequel - and the sequel is even lazier! I mean, holy hell, this scene is just so outright stupid on its own. It's also incredibly sexist in that every "magician" has their own gimmick, except the woman. She's the Sexy Magician Girl. That's it. That's her whole character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMYqjAfFiMU

The card is entirely CGI. It's all dancing around pretending they're throwing an obvious CGI card around.

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 29, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gripweed posted:

The worst movie of the decade is unquestionably Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich.

Good call, I’d say it’s a two-fer between this and Range 15. I guess bigots trying to appropriate genre film isn’t anything new, but it’s depressing seeing them get higher budgets and validation through stunt casting.

E: also, gently caress civil war/endgame for its lovely politics too and for normalizing the actions of a genocidal zealot (I’m talking about Iron Man here).

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 29, 2019

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I had to look but The Lovely Bones, a dire, disgustingly empty movie about a raped and murdered girl who turns into a ghost and her Mark Wahlberg dad tries to solve the murder, came out in 2009, taking it just out of eligibility. It ends with the child rapist and killer falling and dying accidentally.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I don't normally go out of my way to watch things I know I'll hate these days, so my list is pretty scant, but here's a few in no particular order:

Terrifier (2016) - I've had this recommended to me a whole lot and I just don't get it. Art the Clown's gimmick is kinda neat, but the rest of this tries way too hard to make you think it's hardcore. It's exhausting.

Foodfight (2012) - The sweatiest movie I've seen all decade

Bohemian Rhapsody (2018) - The fact that a movie with this scene in it somehow won Best Editing proves that the Oscars are useless.

Justice League (2017) - I mean, BvS and Suicide Squad are probably worse, but kind of surprised this didn't get mentioned yet. Maybe the elusive Snyder Cut somehow makes this a good movie, I can't say. But what got released in theaters is absolutely miserable. I don't like the awkward "superhero jokes" in Marvel movies, but these clash with the tone so much. I do not like Whedon's Avenger movies, but this is probably the more deserving Whedon film to ridicule. At least BvS had a specific intention in mind, even if I didn't care for it.

A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) - Everyone keeps bringing up the Platinum Dunes thing, but even by those standards, this is one of the most miserable films I've watched all decade. It botches every attempt at trying to do fan service. Trying to make Freddy do the quips and stuff while also making him a child molester in canon just feels incredibly gross and misguided.

Friends Are Evil fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Now You See Me 2 makes the list for one extremely obvious reason, on top of it being a bad movie.