Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«21 »
chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jose posted:

Is that 35k votes for power in 1 because isn't that an absolutely insane number of votes for a first poll?

Yes, and also yes.

But it's much less insane than it looks. Like Act Age, Chainsaw Man put its popularity poll online, which allows for easier voting, including from an international audience. Chiyoko in Act Age actually got a higher number of votes than Power by a few hundred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

https://imgur.com/a/9q8risz

Speed scan

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Jesus everyone got incredibly hosed up.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Power needs a hug from everyone. Aki needs to make friends with a devil like Denji did, to get his arm back. Maybe a mutual benefit with Angel?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Violence and Shark

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Pierson posted:

Jesus everyone got incredibly hosed up.

I know right? Can't believe Kobeni got forced to retire again.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

It's wonderful how mentally strong Denji is, he's the ‹bermensch of morons.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

drat that hits hard. I also like how he portrays Power's mental trauma.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

Violence and Shark

We'll never forget them.

I friggin love how Denji decides to be a good boy and take care of his sister and fellow brainiac.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Jose posted:

Is that 35k votes for power in 1 because isn't that an absolutely insane number of votes for a first poll?

The top 5 combined is over 125k votes yeah.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

street shark no

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today
Alm: Human Disaster

Lipstick Apathy

Like it wasn't 100% textbook (at least to my own experiences) but holy smokes was that loving painful to read/look at as someone who lived with a couple of people suffering from PTSD. Like I know Fujimoto seems to operate on a "gently caress subtlety!" train-wagon a lot of the time, but holy poo poo I wasn't expecting to see some of that body language so explicitly.

Poor Power and Aki.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

The panels of the laundry hang drying is a nice touch to symbolize family. My boy Denji is growing up even if he doesn't realize/understand it.

It will be all the more tragic when everyone he cares about dies in the future since we all know that's where this is heading. That will probably be what triggers Denji opening that door

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Can someone remind me what the whole door thing is again?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Lipstick Apathy

Thoren posted:

Can someone remind me what the whole door thing is again?
It was shown, like 30 chapters ago, that maybe Pochita's "true form" lies beyond said door, but our extremely good boi has been adamant about telling Denji to not look beyond that door.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Look how they massacred my boy Beam

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?

Ramrod XTreme

Can't wait for the day that door is opened up and the true chainsaw devil makes his appearance.

Gonna be a lot of scared devils running around.

Alejandro Sanchez
Apr 24, 2010

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Close the thread, we're done here.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

The way Denji cares for power despite her general attitude towards him before is kinda sweet.

I do hope this doesn't go for a fire punch type ending though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ask me about the hate crime perpetrated against a gay black man, and how it was a real hate crime and totally not fabricated. I am well acquainted with the facts of this actual hate crime which actually took place in actuality.

power's terrible but she's denji's best friend and the only person who really gets him.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

powerful chapter. Based on the aftermath I am really sad we lost violence, beam, angel's arms, kobeni maybe if its not a bit, and Aki continues to get hosed up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Kobeni will be back as soon as she gets her next rent bill.

EDIT: How did Aki get an arm back? Was it just reattached? Also I thought healing with blood was something all devils could do but I guess itís exclusive to hybrids and blood devils.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 29, 2020

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RatHat posted:

Yeah, Kobeni's quit or announced plans to quit every arc she's been in. She's pretty much locked in a cycle of trying and failing to finally get out of the game.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Lipstick Apathy

RatHat posted:

EDIT: How did Aki get an arm back? Was it just reattached? Also I thought healing with blood was something all devils could do but I guess itís exclusive to hybrids and blood devils.

Remember that Aki is a human. He has contracts to two devils, but that's it. Power and Denji are the Fiend(a devil possessing a corpse) and Devil Hybrid (which are the more powerful ones from the looks of it, in account of just needing blood to keep going.

Also, kinda insane just how powerful hybrids really are. Like we were told that Primordial Devils are nothing to gently caress with and Santa Claus was being powered by a primordial one, and she still loving got curb-stomped by some crazy kid in 2 chapters.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

power's terrible but she's denji's best friend and the only person who really gets him.

Very possibly. since he ultimately decided he'd place his uh... friendship? and the wellbeing of Power over his primary motivation thus far, getting his dick wet with Makima, I wonder if that was another test of hers.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Wark Say posted:

Remember that Aki is a human. He has contracts to two devils, but that's it. Power and Denji are the Fiend(a devil possessing a corpse) and Devil Hybrid (which are the more powerful ones from the looks of it, in account of just needing blood to keep going.

I was referring to the Angel devil apparently not being able to regenerate his arms.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

RatHat posted:

How did Aki get an arm back? Was it just reattached? Also I thought healing with blood was something all devils could do but I guess itís exclusive to hybrids and blood devils.

In the chapter where Makima brought the eyeballs of the gangsters' friends/families in a bag, she mentioned she knew someone who could restore them. It's possible this person saved Aki's arm?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today

Lipstick Apathy

RatHat posted:

I was referring to the Angel devil apparently not being able to regenerate his arms.
Ugh, I forgot about that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Maybe the arms got left behind in Hell, which is messing with the devils? They die in Hell, they come alive in Earth and vice-versa. So arms in Hell = no arms in Earth.

«21 »