Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
The polish translation of Chainsaw Man came out and rereading the early volumes really made me realize what a loving left turn this series took after the Gun Devil actually showed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://coloredmanga.com/manga/chainsaw-man/

if anyone is doing a reread, the coloured version looks really nice. I believe it's the SHUEISHA jp coloring with official english translations edited in fans.

yum fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 23, 2022

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Oh, was Chainsaw Man officially released in color or is this a full fan project?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Official iirc

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Great excuse to read it all again.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

So, there's a Tatsuki Fujimoto art exhibit in France right now.

Some really interesting stuff, like an early sketch for the first chapter of Chainsaw Man showing Makima holding a katana to Denji's neck instead of hugging him when they first meet. Really would have given a different vibe to their already hosed up relationship.

We also got some heights for Makima and Aki. Turns out they're both pretty drat tall. Aki's nearly 6'3'', and Makima's 5'8''. Just about what I expected from the final series, but it's nice to know I was on the right track.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Soo the anime is supposed to come out in a few weeks, right? After AoT ends I think I heard?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Soo the anime is supposed to come out in a few weeks, right? After AoT ends I think I heard?

This year, but we don't have a date. The manga resumes this summer, though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wait, the manga isn't over?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Only part 1 is over.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we have single dad denji on the horizon and i am stoked.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Denji as a single dad IN HIGH SCHOOL and presumably trying to get Power back.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Captain Invictus posted:

Wait, the manga isn't over?

Chainsaw man ended with the reveal that it's the end of "part 1". Think of it like jojo's parts. Part 2 of the manga is supposed to start this summer.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Hypocrisy posted:

Only part 1 is over.

Extremely disappointing that the part 1 thing wasn't the final joke. The perfect send off. An excellent jest at most other series expense.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah, I consider Part 1 a complete story. Part 2 is more like a sequel than another arc

And wow, don’t know where I heard that the anime was starting soon… makes sense since there’s been no buzz about it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I love dorohedoro and I'm looking forward to chainsawman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPB_J6Egi28

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Julias posted:

Chainsaw man ended with the reveal that it's the end of "part 1". Think of it like jojo's parts. Part 2 of the manga is supposed to start this summer.
Oh that's cool I guess, hopefully it doesn't suffer a drop in quality. Must've missed the "part 1" bit when I blitzed through the series

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh that's cool I guess, hopefully it doesn't suffer a drop in quality. Must've missed the "part 1" bit when I blitzed through the series

It only got mentioned on the last page anyway. I can see missing it.

It was kind of amazing as a reveal when it happened. Especially after the absurdity of hearing that chapter 97 would be the end when 95 had just came out. That chapter ending didn't suggest many routes to the finish line, but then 96 was released, and everything suddenly made sense... before the actual final chapter ended with a "By the way, there's going to be more".

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New 200 page one shot from Fujimoto coming 4/11.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

muscles like this! posted:

New 200 page one shot from Fujimoto coming 4/11.

If it's half as good as the last one...

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
So, I work at a Barnes & Noble, and Chainsaw Man volume 1 has sold more copies in out store over a 26 week period than any other book. The only other book that’s close to the amount of sales is It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover, who’s one of the best selling authors in YA and Romance

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

So, I work at a Barnes & Noble, and Chainsaw Man volume 1 has sold more copies in out store over a 26 week period than any other book. The only other book that’s close to the amount of sales is It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover, who’s one of the best selling authors in YA and Romance

everyone wants to gently caress makima

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

To be fair, she's a good person. Remember when she saved your life?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Stairmaster posted:

That goes without saying

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
Yeah boy! gently caress Makima!

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/SHIHEILIN/status/1512807558339182596
Fukimotos 200page 1shot comes out tomorrow. It's going to be called "Goodbye Eri".

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/goodbye-eri-chapter-1/chapter/24305?action=read

absolutely incredible

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Now that was a very good read.

Delightfully meta, rather than pretentiously meta. I'm still not entirely sure about whether the ending was just another film or an imagine spot or what.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

loving lmao at the ending. Perfect.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Holy poo poo, that was a wild ride.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Sw7q3IE3w

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Goddamn, that was just so, so good.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Tatsuki Fujimoto is my favorite mangaka.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

That was really beautiful and also insane. 10/10

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm starting to suspect that fujimoto might like movies

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I think I liked this one more than Look Back, I couldn't predict what would happen next at all, while Look Back was a little more by the book.

Also lol at the last page, even expecting it , it still gave me a smile.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

What is this?
Oh i filmed myself making GBS threads in the woods
:discourse:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm not crying you're crying.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
He really likes subverting expectations so much he just does it over and over and over again in the same piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
BRB, pitching a Fujimoto movie review show in the way of Urasawa's Manben.