Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nH6ya5g2-s&t=105s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Did Makima mind control the puppet to sacrifice itself to teleport them back?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Wtf did I just read and why am I shaking in anticipation!

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

HerraS posted:

If you want to fight Makima you cant let her have time to prepare, so better try now that she got a sword put through her.

Additionally, Santa had to worry about one of the other groups beating her to Denji so she didn't get to choose the time or place.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darth TNT posted:

Wtf did I just read and why am I shaking in anticipation!
Makima doing the closest thing to damage control that she can. Also holy poo poo: The gringo brothers, Kishibe and Quanxi are dead, the german pedophile hunter was a puppet sacrifice for the real Santa and so was Tolka. Also, Santa is now a weird humanoid abomination made out of puppet corpse parts and whatnot and holy poo poo WHY CAN'T IT BE NEXT WEEK ALREADY?!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
For reals this loving manga can be super frenetic and make me feel like I'm just grasping at what it means even if it's not anything super deep but I cannot put it down and ever since I saw that spread of chapter 1 of Denji going to town on the zombie mobsters I've been in a constant state of... just, these two smilies :stwoon: :suspense:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Makima doing the closest thing to damage control that she can. Also holy poo poo: The gringo brothers, Kishibe and Quanxi are dead, the german pedophile hunter was a puppet sacrifice for the real Santa and so was Tolka. Also, Santa is now a weird humanoid abomination made out of puppet corpse parts and whatnot and holy poo poo WHY CAN'T IT BE NEXT WEEK ALREADY?!

I'm not seeing Kishibe, the last of the brothers, or Yoshida in this one. Now, I might have missed something, but considering how long Yoshida and Kishibe have been in the game, and that the real Santa said (I know, speedscan) that she was hitting Makima first, I wouldn't assume they were dead unless, again, I missed something. I assumed they ran like hell once a Devil that could maybe take down Makima showed up and things got even weirder than usual.

Also, due to the whole death plague thing, apparently we're going to have to wait at least one additional week to see how this goes.

Not the worst consequence of it, but... here we are.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh crap, you're right! When Quanxi was channeling her inner Ozymandias and throwing Kishibe, Yoshida and the youngest of the gringo brothers offa the window, they weren't transported into hell because they weren't inside the mall.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Shinjobi posted:

A call to arms

More like a farewell to arms

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Whooping Crabs posted:

More like a farewell to arms

Definetly an arms race.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Angry Lobster posted:

Definetly an arms race.

I dunno.

It seems mostly 'armless.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

I dunno.

It seems mostly 'armless.

I agree, They're just trying to get ahead

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darth TNT posted:

I agree, They're just trying to get ahead
Maybe you should quit while you're ahead. :colbert:

:frogon:

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

Even though Makima got pretty injured I don't get the impression she is cornered here. Using Denji as bait she probably expected something serious to go down. Asking Denji to save her could be a way to force him to develop for whatever her goals are. Who knows though, every chapter is a surprise.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So looks like Makima is weaker than the Darkness devil but she can hold him off for a few seconds.

So I assume most of the fiends are probably still alive, and Aki is obviously alive, but I wonder how he’ll deal with having no arms. Is there a devil that can heal? I mean I guess he could get the, stitched back on but he doesn’t exactly have much time left.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Did he bark

He just got up and said bark

That boy aint right

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Did he bark

He just got up and said bark

That boy aint right

I think it might a callback to the second chapter, where Makima told Denji to say yes or woof. They put down useless dogs.

Since "ワン" is used for both bark or woof, it's easy enough to not bother looking up which matches earlier in a fan translation going for speed. Basically, Denji's calling back to the first time he did a job for Makima.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Ok, I suppose we don't yet quite know how things are going to shake out for everyone, but

I'm gonna be seriously disappointed if that's the last we see of Violence devil. Since he's a devil, he should now be reborn in hell, right? Who knows how many memories he'll retain...

Don't really care about the others. Seemed there would be more going on with Quanxi, I guess...

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chapter 66

:staredog:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Title Change please.

A Girl and Her Dog.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Would anyone be able to make a tall (2 part) avatar for me of the darkness devil arriving?

The one where's it's arriving flanked by bisected astronauts.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Where do you read this legally? I want to catch up, but the Manga Plus app only has the first few and the latest chapters. And there's the Viz site. Do I sign up there instead?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

Where do you read this legally? I want to catch up, but the Manga Plus app only has the first few and the latest chapters. And there's the Viz site. Do I sign up there instead?

Yeah, the Viz Shonen Jump page lets you see all the chapters for just 2 bucks a month, not just the first 3 and the latest 3. It's a pretty good deal. Just doesn't work in every country.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I am caught up. God this is good.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Random pondering: would the katana devil represent all swords or do you think there is a sword devil running around as well? There's a decent separation between the two in general culture I'd argue.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
There's a knife demon as well, so it's pretty likely.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Where’s the “Fear of stepping on a piece of Lego in the dark” Demon

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Where’s the “Fear of stepping on a piece of Lego in the dark” Demon

Lurking where you least expect it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

So, was rereading some early chapters, and was reminded of some more interesting details about Makima.

At one point, she says Aki's the person she trusts the most. Now, on one hand, that could be pure manipulation. She's clearly got Aki wrapped around her little finger, and he seems to have a similar crush to Denji (Even if he's less obvious about it, because it's impossible to be less subtle than Denji.)

But it being manipulation doesn't mean it's entirely untrue, and Makima leaving Denji and later Power in Aki's care is a pretty big sign of trust. Makima really thinks Denji is important, so the guy left in charge of his safety has to be someone she considers reliable.

Moreover, it says interesting things that Aki is the person she trusts, since Aki is the character in Chainsaw Man who's closest to a good person*. He's noted as having empathy long after most devil hunters lose it, and he's self sacrificing despite still valuing his own life. (His scene saving the Angel Devil is a good bit here.)

Makima's somewhere between shady and outright villainous, but the person she considers most reliable is the least shady person in the manga. (Maybe they're bonding over mutual not having tried to kill Denji. It's a pretty small club.)

*The second closest thing to a good person in Chainsaw Man is Denji. This tells you a good deal about Chainsaw Man.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chiasaur11 posted:

(Even if he's less obvious about it, because it's impossible to be less subtle than Denji.)
A certain Nobel-prize-winner-hopeful would like a word with you, buddy. :colbert:

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://imgur.com/a/1jzW7su

Speed scan

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Every single time there's a new character design it is :krad:, holy moley

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Knives demon?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Elfface posted:

Knives demon?

Arrows I think?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I was thinking the more general blade devil since she used a sword to fight at first.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Chainsawman gonna rip and tear

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
I figured crossbow devil. They all need weird heads; hers is a quiver instead of the weapon itself, presumably because it looks cool.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
When I saw stitches girl with Quanxi's head, I knew poo poo was gonna go off the loving charts. Did not expect that much. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The conversation at the beginning, particularly the "lower creatures of the earth" part, really gives weight to Makima being associated with a demon of divinity or god. Outside chance maybe the human demon.