Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

I will never accept the Kishibe's son theory because that would mean Kishibe got laid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

I like the idea that there's some sort of significant coolness difference between "samurai sword man" and "katana man"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

No, I refuse to call him "Samurai Sword". Ever. I don't care if that's what the official translation calls him; his REAL name is Katana Man now and forever.

It’s not even a translation thing. It’s literally “Samurai Swordo” in romanji

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

You should continue not calling him Samurai Sword because that name is so lame it causes physical pain to say it out loud, but yeah Katana Man is indeed lame enough in personality that he deserves for that to be his official name. Honestly, Katana Man is lame enough that he probably loves that stupid name because he's so delusional about honor and the nobility of organized crime.

Dude has definitely referred to himself as the "tool of justice" or some poo poo multiple times.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Katana Man is more fun to say, therefor it is the superior name.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Vonnie posted:

Katana Man is more fun to say, therefor it is the superior name.

This is true.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Dude has definitely referred to himself as the "tool of justice" or some poo poo multiple times.

This is also true.

Anyone else think there's a chance Asa is going to turn Katana Man into a weapon? He's her fan, and that gives her ownership over him.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Finally started reading again from chapter 100 which was the last time I read it was when it was newly released.

The awkward humor is great and the panels that repeat with the people just staring at eachother is some Curb your Enthusiasm type stuff

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

HerraS posted:

I will never accept the Kishibe's son theory because that would mean Kishibe got laid

Kishibe mentioned his hobbies were murder, drinking, and loving in his first appearance. We know he's a pro at two of three. The fact he spent years pining for a girl he knew he had no shot with doesn't eliminate the probability of some action on the side.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Nah, gently caress that

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

HerraS posted:

Nah, gently caress that

Yes, Kishibe did. Frequently!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I think we're all overlooking the fact that this chapter is loving hilarious.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kwyndig posted:

It's hard to believe it was nothing but pain just like a month ago.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
this is a series that's deeply about hubristic self-destruction

aki became what he hated because he couldn't fully set aside his devotion to makima

denji has somehow managed to kill his own family multiple times now in the quest for happiness

and most damning of all, asa let the public see her poetry

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I thought Aki became what he hated in spite of not being anywhere near as devoted to Makima, if at all. I mean, probably missing some crucial stuff since I haven’t reread it in a hot minute, but it very much felt like Aki was only employed because Makima basically held Denji and Power hostage, because he cared about his found family more than revenge so that was used to keep him in line for the “break Denji’s spirit to get to Pochita” plan.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

I thought Aki became what he hated in spite of not being anywhere near as devoted to Makima, if at all. I mean, probably missing some crucial stuff since I haven’t reread it in a hot minute, but it very much felt like Aki was only employed because Makima basically held Denji and Power hostage, because he cared about his found family more than revenge so that was used to keep him in line for the “break Denji’s spirit to get to Pochita” plan.

Aki's devotion to Makima isn't even his fault, the poor bastard. It was just mind control.

Denji's the one who was actually in love with her, and that lead to Makima's downfall, not his. (Denji's came when he surrendered the goal of a real relationship with her in favor of her manipulation to make him just act as her pet.)

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Okay, I'm probably dumb, but what was in Denji's chest when he surprised Makima? Was it that he tore the Pochita heart in two?

Way late and I've been too embarrassed to ask, but gently caress it. I crave knowledge.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Kwyndig posted:

i already have two chainsaw man tattoos and panel of dead pan or exasperated Asa is getting more and more enticing

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
So what business does Nail want to open? You think it's just the obvious answer of a hardware store?

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Brightman posted:

So what business does Nail want to open? You think it's just the obvious answer of a hardware store?

Hair salon.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Wrong kind of salon, imo

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Das Boo posted:

Okay, I'm probably dumb, but what was in Denji's chest when he surprised Makima? Was it that he tore the Pochita heart in two?

Way late and I've been too embarrassed to ask, but gently caress it. I crave knowledge.

Nothing. He had no heart.

However, he did have Power's blood available, and that's able to pump through his system fine even without a heart. Same thing he used for the chainsaw.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

MonsterEnvy posted:

It’s not even a translation thing. It’s literally “Samurai Swordo” in romanji

Fine! I'll just call him by his birth name then!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he had his name legally changed to samurai sword

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Ah yes, my old enemy Sam Uraisword.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Das Boo posted:

The panel says Makima was fighting “a pochita” so I assume either a piece or most of his heart. I think combined with Power’s remaining blood and chainsawman just being really feared he was able to pull it off. He had been able to survive ripping his own heart out before and hybrids have insane regeneration (a recent chapter showed just how much).

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
lol, got to Asa's first poem.

part 1 of Chainsaw man had funny bits.

But looks like it turned outright into a gag manga.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Das Boo posted:

Nothing, he was literally heartless in that moment.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I sincerely enjoy that there are many answers to my question, all plausible.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I just finished the first arc over the course of a day and I'm crushed Power died :(

Jeez, especially the way she died too, bringing Denji a birthday cake. What a gutpunch.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Power went out on top. Great character, great character arc, saved the world, actually does deserve the Nobel Peace Prize, thankyouverymuch.

I also miss her like hell, though.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
POWER will return in... Chainsaw Man Part 3

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Jerkface posted:

POWER will not return in... Ever

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Not with that attitude :colbert:

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I really hope we get a Power focused B Plot in the Reze movie. And also a movie just about Power. And an entire spin off about her adventures in hell.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
on the subject of Power. I got this from a gacha machine. at first I went :hellyeah: Power. then looked closer and went :ohdear: Power. you don't know what happens next do you?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

on the subject of Power. I got this from a gacha machine. at first I went :hellyeah: Power. then looked closer and went :ohdear: Power. you don't know what happens next do you?

this is a far-fetched question but did you get that from a convention this weekend because i was at one that also had a CSM gacha machine i was tempted to try

copy
Jul 26, 2007

saw a car with a pochita sticker on it and then immediately after a car whose license plate was just KOBOLD. strong day

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

this is a far-fetched question but did you get that from a convention this weekend because i was at one that also had a CSM gacha machine i was tempted to try

I got it in a Tokyo subway station last week. I think we're both west coasters tho

my only annoyance is there was no merch for part 2. I did get a new dice tray

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/ChainsawShots/status/1774480478369652996

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Kobeni at the batting cages

https://twitter.com/TopGyaru/status/1774662979436376461