Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

We might get something for the anime on June 27th as that is when MAPPA is doing a special 10th anniversary event with a section on Chainsaw Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

https://twitter.com/hayawrld/status/1383493578744205317

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
200m seems low, all Makima content I've seen on twitter has crazy levels of engagement.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

As if denji would be verified

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Denji would be on his 10th burner account

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Most of my favorite characters are dead.

The author is good at killing characters.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/anime/status/1384854443733180416?s=21

He's entertainingly blunt about the anime - basically 'I know gently caress-all about making television, and I talked to these people and they seem to know what they're doing, so I'll just let them get on with it and try to stay out of their way'.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Darth Walrus posted:

https://twitter.com/anime/status/1384854443733180416?s=21

He's entertainingly blunt about the anime - basically 'I know gently caress-all about making television, and I talked to these people and they seem to know what they're doing, so I'll just let them get on with it and try to stay out of their way'.

Do you have a message for your overseas audience?

Put Chainsaw Man in Avengers! Like in an R-18 category!

gently caress it, put Denji in the new Deadpool. That's exactly the idiocy I want.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Robviously posted:

gently caress it, put Denji in the new Deadpool. That's exactly the idiocy I want.

I mean if there is a property that could support it, it's Deadpool. Plus you know eventually Wade and Denji would just end up palling around eating food and cracking bathroom jokes, but only after Denji has cut him up to the point where he wonders how he's still running his mouth.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Robviously posted:

Do you have a message for your overseas audience?

Put Chainsaw Man in Avengers! Like in an R-18 category!

Bonding over their shared love for greasy foods and capacity for unabashed violence.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
"Your arms turn into chainsaws? That's the coolest power I've ever been killed by!"

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Hey, it checks out. Deadpool is absolutely hosed up but he has some of the best wholesome moments in comics.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

This isn't mine but I was very amused.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Notorious ZSB posted:

This isn't mine but I was very amused.

it's good, and the artist has other chainsaw stuff (though entirely different style not making pop culture crossover riffs)

https://twitter.com/yaki_lulu/status/1368507345869803524?s=20

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Well, we still don't have a date for part 2 or the anime, but we do finally have a date for more Chainsaw Man manga.

And it's tomorrow.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hopefully Aki still iirc he had a strong lead

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’m guessing Power or Makima won.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
If people had known that there wouldve been a special chapter based on who won the popularity poll, Kobeni's Car woulda won by a landslide :colbert:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

OneDeadman posted:

If people had known that there wouldve been a special chapter based on who won the popularity poll, Kobeni's Car woulda won by a landslide :colbert:

Just images of it getting driven around with the climax being the nozzle being inserted into the fuel tank.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hell yess bby

https://twitter.com/D_Kumii/status/1387783710771236865?s=20

No translation yet though

https://twitter.com/D_Kumii/status/1387784506170556417?s=20

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I can not wait for Part 2 to learn how Kobeni gets forced back into Denji’s life somehow.

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.
Someone has to babysit Makami while Denji is busy.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Kobeni getting incredibly stressed out, everyone else going "Haha yeah that lil tyke is a hellraiser! :)"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I do not understand to Hirofumi fandom.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Who is he, even? I recognize literally everyone on that list except for him.

Is he just like, a minor character with a good design?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He's the civilian hunter Makima called in during international assassins who killed one of the face changing brothers and uses the octopus and went two good rounds with quaxi/ He's also a high schooler so I expect to see him in part 2

and the answer is people horny as hell come on now

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

thirst.jpg

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
14. Makima (grilled) - 12,151
15. kobeni's car - 9,269
22. family burger clerk - 2,537
23. aki's cigarette - 2,447
25. power's breast pads - 2,330

Other important ones

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The fight is in chapter 62 if interested in seeing him strut his stuff

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chainsaw-man-chapter-62/chapter/20210?action=read

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a cute guy with a unique? or at least striking devil contract, yeah that makes sense

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im tired of viewing men as nothing more than sexual objects

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I Am Fowl posted:

I do not understand to Hirofumi fandom.
He survived the arc he was introduced in, he has a really creepy ability and disturbingly serene disposition when dealing with devil-hunting stuff. That's probably enough for a ton of people.

Also I'm pretty sure nobody ever calls him anything other than Yoshida and he got his first name in side materials and such?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

relatable also as he mentioned having finals lol at the end of hell devil

Confirmed to still be active in part 2, so expecting him to be denji's buddy at school ftw. he looks like if someone set the switch on the back of Aki to evil, where surface level he seems nice and superficially charming but is undoubtedly a maniac beneath it

e: that pic isn't what I was thinking of, but Fujimoto had a comment about him still being active or something recently

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Found a (pretty rough) translation on Reddit.

It's really more of a Himeno comic than an Aki one. I don't think Fujimoto regrets killing her off, exactly, but it's pretty clear he liked writing and/or drawing her a lot from all the little gags she's showed up in after her death. (You don't let number 11 get an illustration in a ten person character poll for no reason.)

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

So is chainsaw man season 2 gonna be on the app, or am i going to have to open the SJ site every week to view it like that one 18+ chapter?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Renzuko posted:

So is chainsaw man season 2 gonna be on the app, or am i going to have to open the SJ site every week to view it like that one 18+ chapter?

Depends, it could still be on the app like Kaiju No 8 or Vigilantes.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Sindai posted:

15. kobeni's car - 9,269

Other important ones

Makima is cheating. Grilled Makima is still Makima.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Sindai posted:

15. kobeni's car - 9,269

Other important ones

Got the full list of results?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Darth TNT posted:

Makima is cheating. Grilled Makima is still Makima.

as someone who voted for makima (grilled), i vigorously contest this notion