Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It's a shame all that information about the Fox Devil not working on humans that can go devil wasn't spread around but what can you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Props to Violence Devil for leaving Kobeni for dead.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I'm the Initiative Devil. All powerful as long as people live in fear me, but completely powerless once you finally get up the energy to challenge me.

Also Bomb Devil is wonderful and I'm going to miss her when she gets chainsawed.

All you need is some blood and a tug on her cord and she'll be fine even if she was bisected.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

How soon we forget the Chainsaw leg.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I think the only limit on regeneration is being intact enough to pull your cord when you get wrecked. Like when Denji fought the Eternity Devil for...X days constantly getting ripped apart but regenerating through it.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. For some reason I thought we were talking about a limit on what could be healed from with blood. Whoops.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. So Typhoon is a giant baby with the top of its head cut off and whose spinning brain forms the tornado around it. That's...unique.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Darth TNT posted:

It's a Sharknado!

This is insane. :suspense:

And I'm not sure Denji is really ready to kill Reze.

He just killed a baby. What isn't Denji ready to kill?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Aki showed up to kill Zombies with a new Katana. I assume that is the Angel Devil's weapon.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

drat that was cold.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

:911:

RIP scar duo. You lived for way longer than expected given when you were introduced. Guy who gets hyped by a background nobody immediately dying has lost its punch at this point.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sindai posted:

I've learned not to get too attached to anyone except Denji, Power, and Makima.

Kobeni will never die.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Violence Devil is an obvious liar and you suckers are the sort of people who would take off his mask.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

As it turns out only one of those brothers was immortal.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Kobeni. She works very hard to get her bonuses. Please do not bully her.

The American devil hunter being inches from a redemption arc was...actually not that funny.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Psh. If you haven't cut Denji in half at least once you're still a jobber.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Guess we're about to lose all these new characters.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Kobeni strikes again.

The American dude did well to survive falling out a building like that since he didn't even get a chance to slow his fall. Gonna guess he's gone for the rest of the arc until Makima's betrayal happens and he's revealed again.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. So the person we thought of as Santa was another "elaborate" puppet like Tolka got turned into. The real "Santa" is Tolka's master. Or perhaps Tolka's master is the inheritor. Whatever. Neat twist.

yum posted:

Wonder if Denji is there too? Not sure about the wording due to the speed scan but he's not really a living being since he uh kind of died

Probably not given how deliberate the command seemed to be.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Thinking about it, there's still a few people outside of the building because of Quanxi though. American Hunter should be the worst off but he actually doesn't seem that hurt despite falling on a car.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Glad Darkness Devil is merciful enough to disarm its opponents instead of killing them.

Also...Denji is in hell. Fell on the wrong side of that argument.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

If Denji is just the heart, I wonder if we'll see the rest.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sorry for doubting your friendship with Kobeni Violence Devil.

Unless...Angel Devil was right about dying in hell sending devils back to the real world. Or is it only whatever chainsaw sound deaths that get revival?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

People call Denji stupid but he keeps winning. Maybe he's actually a genius. Give the man some glasses.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

So that's pretty much the end of the plot against Makima. The world's top devil hunters are either dead or permanently incapacitated aside from Kishibe.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Personally, any line of thinking that relies on Makima caring about Denji is a non-starter. Like Octopus Boy laid it out, Makima surrounded Denji with a bunch of third rate protectors against the top assassins of the world. She doesn't give a drat about Denji getting wrecked (and it's all fixable with some blood).

On that note though, I kind of assumed that Makima knew how to permanently take down hybrids. Is Reze actually still alive?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Pierson posted:

Jesus everyone got incredibly hosed up.

I know right? Can't believe Kobeni got forced to retire again.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oh wow. Aki has really changed. Feels like we're going to lose him.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Well, I've been on the Makima bad side since Reze but beyond that...Makima doesn't need a dog without fangs.

Maybe a devil of love? Or something to do with manipulating affection to gain control? Assuming that making AKi and Denji fall for her had any purpose beyond general manipulation.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 19, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Unrelated to this chapter but assuming we can trust Makima, who sent Katana and Snake after Denji? The Soviets?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

So this is like...20% of the Gun Devil?

Well Denji, at least you still have Power. Cause Aki is so dead.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It's beautiful.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Foolish gun devil, Makima already shrugged off a headshot earlier.

I think the gun devil got wrecked. That 20% is back to the scrap heap.

Snake girl had her head stitched back on. Weird.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

drat. drat.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Reading it with the official translation just made me feel sadder.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Makima's powers work on humans and dead humans. They also work on devils. Therefore, they can probably work on fiends too!

My guess Makima's plan to save humanity is to turn everyone into her ideal Denji, unthinking and obedient. A mankind without fear can be free of devils!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Jerkface posted:

I don't think they work on humans the way she can work on devils and fiends. She straight up commands Angel in his home town. She clearly has control over Power and the other fiends, but can't get the same obedience from humans. Aki had to agree to give her everything.

Makima ordered Aki to accept that contract. He did not do it of his free will.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Power survived? Guess Makima kept her word!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Did Aki see Denji's crying face and stop fighting or was he already beaten at that point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I can see only good things coming from this. - Future Devil