Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for the acrophobia devil to show up and chump the gun devil like "heh nothing personnel, kid"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The author really has a thing for, i dunno, cinematic storytelling. It's been very apparent in Fire Punch too, you could see him apply some of the well known tricks like that, both visually and narratively. I'm still sorta convinced that the camera boy was a big part in Fire Punch because he's a big nerd for that kinda storytelling.
I still remember that one introduction scene to the train in Fire Punch that was kinda hard to parse, until it hit me that what he was doing is the long continuous camera pan, from the end of the moving train forwards, through all the train cars up to the front, to establish the grounds for the later action scene. You could really feel that he was trying for a literal establishing movie shot, except kinda hampered by the static and snapshotty nature of the comic panels he had to work with.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Fire Punch is basically an anime (or rather, something filmed with a camera) awkwardly crammed into manga format already, so budget aside, adaptation shouldn't be that hard.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's set two years before Phantom Menace released and the whole manga so far is a set up to prevent the time line where the Star Wars prequels come out

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Angry Lobster posted:

Why devils fear the chainsaw devil? Evil dead. No one fucks with Ash.

Yeah, knowing the author this is highly likely to not be a joke answer.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That seems more like a Resident Evil 7 cosplay tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Can't really blame her, Fall Guys can uncover misanthropic sides from anyone and make you lose faith in humanity as a whole easily