Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

the only real defining feature that's different between Galgali/Violence Fiend and Arai is his facial scar, but presumably becoming a fiend could mean healing that wound? Cosmo is pretty significantly disfigured though so idk what the rules are there but that's the only thing that would make me doubt that Arai is Violence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

could god make a devil so big even he couldnt lift it

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

Anime watcher. Just finished the bomb arc. Wow.

bomb arc is amazing and i can't wait until it gets animated. that said, be careful in this thread until you catch up with the manga. spoilers for part 1 will be abound and not necessarily tagged

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

This is interesting

She has 12 arms, but her right arm has two elbows

you can see on the page before she grabs the clothes that all of her arms have at least two elbows

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

yum posted:

ya know, if it’s common knowledge that devils gain power based on specific fears, you’d think more people would want to rearrange society and it’s functions so as to lessen those fears, but it’s business as usual I guess lol

not to be too cynical but there are plenty of existential threats facing our real world today that world governments haven't exactly bent over backwards to eliminate. a lot of that is partisanship and idk how much that really applies to the csm universe but Public Safety is probably about as much infrastructure as we could expect to get

also the real answer is if they did your very sensible thing there wouldn't be a manga

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1016627

the hell is going on

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

wow they already animated this week's chapter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUnPN385wLI

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Waaaait a second.

Chainsaw Man is set in the late 90s right?

How is she singing a Maximum the Hormone song that debuted in 2007?!

this is gonna drive me crazy until when/if Fujimoto addresses it. have there been other anachronisms in the series? i haven't paid super close attention to like, models of cars or whatever. there's no cell phones right? i've always wondered how the erasure of things like the holocaust would affect the calendar but it seems to be genuinely set in the late 90s. i guess it could just be that the implications of a band showing up 10 years early in the timeline doesn't have earth shattering implications and Fujimoto just wanted to use the song because he likes it and because he can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

I just read it again and OH MY GOD :allears:

oh my god thank you for this lmao