Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

My next question is. Is she working for the USSR as Tolka's master or is she working for the Germans as the "real Santa". Both? Neither?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Oh wow I was kinda expecting primal fear devils above Gun but wasn't expecting them soon. And goddamn that is is some trippy metal poo poo.

Got a pet theory given Makima's thing with rats she's connected to the plague/disease/filth devil who'd probably also be in that weight class.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

They'll come back as devils not fiends though right? Don't fiends think differently than as devils? Beam might come back to help out Denji but the others will probably be less chill.

Though Angel's not a fiend so if they die they'll pop back up pretty much the same.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Would anyone be able to make a tall (2 part) avatar for me of the darkness devil arriving?

The one where's it's arriving flanked by bisected astronauts.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its going to turn out since Senji agreed to be her dog she can spy through him.

Oh poo poo, this would be incredible and on point.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Wark Say posted:

WAHAHAHAHAHAHA! madboi laughs Denji lets out.

Oh man, Denji is pretty close to a Ork huh.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Oh man I hurt myself laughing at that chapter. This manga is the best.

:supaburn::unsmigghh::supaburn:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

God loving drat this manga is just impeccable.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

While I'm sure hosed up stuff will happen I doubt we'll end up with something like Fire Punch purely because Fujimoto doesn't seem like the kind of author to repeat themselves predictably like that.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I mean we literally saw her take control of Angel. She can probably just make devils she gets close to do things

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

Rereading the chapter I noticed that the gun devil puts a bullet through the heart of every living thing born in certain months, so that's a poo poo ton of dead animals on top of all the people.

Wonder how it handles living things without hearts.

Is this the time for the Sea Cucumber Devil to make it's glorious return!?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I knew this or something like this was coming but :smith:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Aww hell it's dusty in here.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

This is just ineffable. I cannot put into words how good this is. It's art.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Wait.

Why is everyone calling Makima a horseman? Where'd that come from?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

BFC posted:

Makima is a toxic fangirl upset at the reboot of her favorite grimdark antihero series.

You know I wonder how many Firepunch fans have been a bit toxic at Fujimoto at CSM's comparative approachability

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

I would assume that Chainsaw Man's unique ability will work on Makima, though. Otherwise Denji will have a terrifying surprise in his toilet in a few days' time.

Also why else would they bring it up?

Also hot drat this might be the best manga I've read, just consistently jaw dropping from beginning to end.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

if Kobeni dies to Makima's regen bullshit I will just be, so sad

She won't cause her parents sold her citizenship to someone else somehow and she's now been deported to North Korea.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Well, depends on how she looks at it. As the bard said, "there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so". Makima gets to pick if this is her dream or eternally being denied it.

I'm still pretty curious how the last chapter will go. I mean, I can see lot of directions, even ignoring how Fujimoto does things nobody saw coming. He could do a timeskip ahead to set everyone up somewhere, or just continue on directly, focus in on Denji or show a little more how the setting plays out... there's a lot of options.

I mean, even sticking with the things we expect to play out somehow, the Blood Devil search could be the end of the final chapter, could be its basic structure, or you could even have Power basically be back at the start since Denji went to find her in the time between chapter 96 and 97.

Reze, Quanxi, and the other hybrids could get a decent sized role, or just be ignored. Makima could be in hell, just in Denji's dreams, or completely nonexistent. Even Yoshida might get a bit, if there's going to be scenes focusing on the Special Division rebuilding.

Personally?

I'm hoping for something calling back to the movie chapter. Feels like it was doing some thematic setup that still hasn't fully paid off.

My guess? We get implications of a bunch of this stuff but the last chapter is a mostly standalone story about a devil causing trouble and Denji killing it. After all this it's back to the grindstone.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

MAPPA is also doing a good rear end job with Jujutsu Kaisen (which yall should check out) so this is pretty hype.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

If she’s a hybrid she shares no characteristics with other hybrids so far. Visually and personality wise. None of the other hybrids took on their devils personalities and goals or had their knowledge that we knew of. She might have a trigger we can’t see of course which would be the biggest indicator. However she doesn’t have a weapon form like all the others and her visual changes are pretty minor, she also doesn’t seem to return to her original form. IMO she might just have a regular contract that gives up total bodily autonomy in exchange for power vs bits of her organs or lifespan

All the hybrids we've seen were of things (weapons specifically) though. I don't think we've seen a concept based hybrid.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah its possible shes a fiend
And retained some of her human personality like shark/violence.

This too but I actually meant we don't know how hybrid forms work for hybrids of concepts rather than objects.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Denji solves the trolley problem.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Kobeni also hates herself a lot more than Asa.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

goblin week posted:

Zoomers were the end of Death Devil

Have zoomers started being born yet in 1997?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

There's a small scene after the katana arc where Power has sprouted new horns cause she drank too much blood. This made her strong enough to accidentally backhand Denji into the ceiling.

Even Fiend Power at full strength is probably a monster.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I legit think Denji and Yoru is more likely at this point.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Honestly given how all of them seem to have become hybrids I'm suspicious that maybe weapon devils just are prone to doing that. Obviously not universally given Gun. But maybe the fact that weapons are meant to be wielded by humans makes their devils predisposed to it.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Maybe it'll reveal it's not Eternity and this will expose that there is a large but limited number of Aquariums all jammed together.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

People who say the anime does not match the tone of the manga do not actually understand what the tone of the manga was

Yeah liberties were taken on other elements but the tone was adhered to slavishly. Aki's morning routine was perfect.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Brightman posted:

Nice to have confirmation that it's a primal fear, so its likelihood of being Death seems high.

I really doubt it's death. Death may or may not be a primal but it's definitely a horseman so I doubt it, or likely she, would appear like this. Especially not working with/for Famine.

It's probably despair/hopelessness/suicide.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Scholtz posted:

I think the primal fear might be something along the lines of "powerlessness," "resignation," "surrender," or something like that.

"Can we get a car? No? Ok."
"Should we just die? Yeah? Ok."

"I can't win this fight."

I like this theory a lot. It fits and it's the lind of thing that could be primal.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Flair posted:

I wonder if that door is because of the Hell Devil and/or because the Falling Devil can summon devils from hell based on the dishes they serve. Nonetheless, it seems connected to its ability to cook, and cooking up the devil hunters seem to have manifested a devil related to insects/bugs. I wonder what it can summon by cooking up Asa and Yoru.

I don't think the cooking is tied to an ability. I think Falling just likes to cook.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Desumaytah posted:

It's that the human concept of what we do to one another in war is a learned idea invented by weak apes that is forever going to pale in comparison to the fact that the universe is simply just more than us and we're all born in trauma with an innate fear of its promises.

I dunno Halloween was strong but still went down like a punk to Makima.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So huh. Denji is fully aware of the other Chainsaw?

Or is he saying that as part of his pretend to be normal deal.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm not sure it's not getting through so much as she's also catching on to how miserable all this human poo poo is making him (even if she hasn't clocked her part in it).

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Aww hell. :smith:

This is pretty much what got the Doomguy started isn't it.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Oh loving hell.

This one uh. This one is rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Brightman posted:

So initially when I saw Guilly I thought, "oh, guillotine with a crow, that makes sense" but looking at her again...that's not a crow. I'm not sure what it is, and also, are those ears above it's beak? Like human ears? Or is that just a normal feature for a bird kinda like how pigeons have something there? Either way they're terrific.

I think she's a pigeon.