Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

EmmyOk posted:

Didn't they say that Aki's cursed sword was one of the ones created by the Angel Demon? COuld be misrememebring, really need to reread.

Another perfect Aki chapter, glad to know he will live longand happily namaste

No it’s made by the Curse Demon. He specifically asks it how much time he has left after he uses it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

yum posted:

There's just something about Denji's goofy rear end face as he gets horribly crucified that is hilarious to me. He's Wild E Coyate stumbling through every possible death trap and coming out unscathed since he's basically immortal. Gruesomely dying of something mundane like stepping on a nail from a dude playing dead, Beam and Denji's comments "you floating... amazing!", this manga is so morbidly funny

chainsaw man owns

Denji going “My body’s movin’ into a crucifix position!” makes me chuckle a lot

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Halloween

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I love Power and Denji. What good goofuses

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Ethiser posted:

Has any Shonen Jump series been made with bad CG? Every recent Shonen Jump based anime has been decent to great as far as a remember so I don’t know why Chainsaw Man would be any different.

I’d say Black Clover is worse than decent but that’s because of Studio Pierrot not cg

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

EmmyOk posted:

Hat studio did Mob?

Bones

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I don’t think this got posted here

https://youtu.be/VPB_J6Egi28

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Denji dealing with Makima like how Greebo deals with a vampire

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Kobeni will never die because it’s funnier that way

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

MachuPikacchu posted:

That's pretty cool because if there's one character from Jujutsu Kaisen who would fit in the world of Chainsaw Man, it's her.

Yeah she really fits the world of Chainsaw Man because she’s loving dead

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Scholtz posted:

Aww cmon dude that's not a cool spoiler, I just started watching this :(

I used spoiler tags

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
So, I work at a Barnes & Noble, and Chainsaw Man volume 1 has sold more copies in out store over a 26 week period than any other book. The only other book that’s close to the amount of sales is It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover, who’s one of the best selling authors in YA and Romance

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Stairmaster posted:

everyone wants to gently caress makima

That goes without saying

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
They’re on the SJ app

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Chainsawman was nominated for an Eisner Award. It’s up against some tough competition like Lovesickness, a Junji Ito collection, and Spy X Family, alongside some less tough competition like Zom 100 Bucket List of the Dead and Kaiju No 8

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

DeadBonesBrook posted:

So now that Chainsaw Man P2 is on Jump+, does that affect the kind of content that can appear in the series? This chapter was really gory and violent, but then so was the original series. I know at least one of the P1 chapters was 18+ (the one with the covered scissoring title page), but I'm guessing a Jump+ series can't show nudity? It felt like P1 pushed the boundaries of what could appear in WSJ at times, so can the series be more uninhibited now that it's fully online?

It can be way more uninhibited. Fire Punch was in Jump Plus. So was World’s End Harem.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The guy who makes Spy X Family was an assistant on Fire Punch

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
As a seasoned reader of Chainsaw Man, I expect this guy to die in three chapters.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Person Dyslexic posted:

I'd think strong contenders for primal devils would be things like Loss, Cold, Hunger, Pain...but there are really an endless number of potential concepts to choose from. Abandonment? Old Age? Excited to see where it goes!

The Talking To Girls Devil

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Goddamn this song rules

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Denji obviously read the screenwriting book Save The Cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Denji’s Bar Mitzvah raises questions about how his regeneration would interact with circumcision requirements