Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Oh wow, this manga sure likes mowing down devil hunters

I'm honestly surprised there's, like, any left at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Ok, I suppose we don't yet quite know how things are going to shake out for everyone, but

I'm gonna be seriously disappointed if that's the last we see of Violence devil. Since he's a devil, he should now be reborn in hell, right? Who knows how many memories he'll retain...

Don't really care about the others. Seemed there would be more going on with Quanxi, I guess...

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I read Fire Punch because of this thread.

What

What the hell

That is the most insane, pathetic and, honestly, terrifying protagonist I've seen, holy poo poo

Really, the final confrontation being between the fully villanous Fire Punch and the zealous San feels quite appropriate. Still feels like the story really lost some of its appeal when Togota died.

I really hope Denji stays on the path of being a perfect good-hearted Nobel prize winner forever

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I wonder if the US president got a refund

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

If this is really going the route of evil FLCL, could the real reason Makima wants to separate Denji and Pochita so bad be that she's desperately, insanely in love with the Chainsaw Devil?

Might be a fun twist. Especially if she really DOES have superiors in the organization, and her relation to them is similar to Haruko's to the galactic police.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I just want Kishibe somehow to pull through, however vanishingly unlikely that is

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Not gonna lie,

I have no idea who most of these characters are

Except Quanxi.

Seriously, did they appear before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

You know what I don't get

She has the power to control anyone/anything that considers itself beneath her, including their contract-given powers (used for devastating effect with MULTIPLE people on the gun devil). To some degree, she can also sense through these creatures. And to top it off, her control is so all-consuming that not even death matters - even if her subject dies, they continue to serve her. Her dead servants include some weapon hybrids as well.

Notably, she herself is NOT immortal. That is a result of a contract with the Japanese Prime Minister. Presumably, getting a contract with the Conquest Devil means they can control you, and all damage is reflected on the Conquest Devil's subjects, meaning the entirety of lawful Japanese citizens.

Now I have some questions about this:

- What the hell did the Prime Minister get out of this? So far, entering a contract with Conquest just seems to mean signing over even more power to her, with no benefit to yourself. Maybe there are some minor domination powers involved, which would come in handy for a politician? And the subject just has to hope Conquest doesn't feel like controlling you right now? Or it's just plain coercion, as it was for Aki and perhaps some other employees?
- Knowing she has a contract, why do Kishibi & co. even try to kill her? I can see the US President and the like not being aware of this, but Kishibe? He knows Makima got up from being domed like nothing. They would know killing her does nothing. (Maybe Kishibe should've gone for the prime minister instead. Proooooobably wouldn't have gone over well in the real world, tho)
- How the heck did Makima get control over Reze and Quanxi? I can see Katana Man being so thoroughly broken that he eventually submits to Makima. But how about those two? They were both dead at that point, and when they died, they certainly did not have any contracts with Makima or see themselves beneath her. She did kill them personally, though. Maybe doing that automatically counts as making them subordinates?

...right of conquest, so to say? :haw:

Just some idle thoughts