Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Pierson posted:

Chainsaw Man is the best.

The future is the best. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Lots of interesting stuff happening this chapter.

Beam knows stuff.
Makima knows stuff.
The second division is about to be slaughtered.
That guy from the second division seems to recognize Reeze. But why. :psyduck:

Good to see Beam survived though. :ohdear: He's a good sharkboy.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The interpretive dance devil

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Plausible enough. Of course, it's possible to be contracted with multiple devils at once. Aki did it, and it's not treated like a unique state of affairs. Might be worth laying out some of what we know, for posterity.

First off, what we can eliminate, as long as Fujimoto is playing fair. Makima isn't a fiend like Power or Beam because she's got a normal person head. Fiends have some aspect of their faces that's a dead giveaway according to chapter four, so Makima would be rumbled pretty quick. Further, if she really does have a contract as she indicated in the temple scene, rather than just lying to cover up her real methods, then she can't be a Devil, since only humans can make contracts. The bit acts like a contract too, with payment for service rather than innate ability only limited by blood.

She's also not the Gun Devil, despite some paranoid theories, since she can pick up its parts with her bare hands without them sticking, and because they aren't leading to her. All simple enough.

Now that’s done, we can move onto the positives. She’s got odd eyes, but those could come from a contract as easily as anything else. Snake Devil girl had Snake Eyes, and she was a contractor. But contracts don’t let you return from the dead when you get a little blood on you. And Makima’s known contract requires a lot of setup. Setup she didn’t have when going through the train like the wrath of an angry god. (It’s unclear if she restricted herself to the culprits or went for a clean sweep. Knowing what we know of Makima, both seem plausible.) She’s got similar emotional reactions to Denji, which seems to be common to, well, people like Denji. (Also Reze, apparently. She’s sorry for having to kill Denji, and doesn’t go to massacre as a first solution, but she has no real problem with just icing everyone.) Best bet right now seems to be that she’s covertly like Denji and Reze, but with some contracts on top.

As for her agenda… well, the strongest negative emotional response we’ve seen from her talking to people was when the old hunter said he was getting tired of training Denji and Power. Combined with her whole helping Denji through his emotional crises, she probably really likes him, especially when her bosses chide her for it. At the same time, the moment that makes Kishibe want to stop is seeing how gung ho for Makima Denji is. Apparently, that sort of thing and death aren’t exactly distant.

Makima also smiles when Kishibe calls her on her PR bullshit excuse of “For the good of everyone!” when he brings up her letting most of her team get murdered. So, that’s really reassuring.

Weirdest theory I’ve seen says that she’s got a connection to the afterlife somehow because of her movie habit, since movie theaters were tied to the afterlife in Fire Punch. Which… doesn’t actually feel entirely crazy with Makima’s other abilities.

Adding to that.
So far it seems Makima needs a sacrifice to use her powers. And the sacrifice needs to say the name of her target. It's currently unclear if she always has to sacrifice others or if she uses others so she can keep living.

Her eyes are weird concentric circles.
I wonder if they're somehow related to her power. Maybe it's the depth demon or something. If it's related to depths, saying the targets name could be like an echo effect.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

The mondays devil.

You can't post that on a Sunday man. :( That's too real

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

that stupid fox

That was hilarious.
Eats villain.
"Blech, this sucks, I'm leaving."
Leaves undigested villain behind.

Even though it went as expected, it was still a pretty tense chapter.

Mold dudes had a pretty good idea.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Don't give up on love Denji. :ohdear:

Also, ace chapter. Loved the new strategies employed the the reinforcements.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
New update

:stare:

Are..are you okay Denji?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Real Cool Catfish posted:

As with most things, I’m sure it’ll be good until it catches up to the manga and then the filler begins.

Let's be real here, some filler of a day in the normal life of Denji couldn't possibly be that bad.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Elfface posted:

Hmm, other things a chainsaw could do... Maybe he could snap the chain and have it launch at an opponent,

Maybe cut off a fingertip and throw it like a chainsaw throwing dagger.

I'm also reminded of, I think it was Bayonetta, where you could use chainsaws on your feet to ride around.

If he gets Reze into bed, maybe he can turn his dick into a chainsaw?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

RatHat posted:

He was a perpetual motion machine!

Where’s his loving Nobel prize!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

What's Power the devil of again? Was it the Blood Devil?

I think she's a devil in a human corpse.
She can control all blood, but her own blood is significantly easier.
When the Katana devil first attacked she protested to helping one of the victims because it was to taxing for her to control someone else's blood.

She also has a huge brain with the highest iq ever

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
gently caress yeah! Go claim that Nobel prize Denji!

I'm in tears here.

Chainsaw on a shark vs bomb typhoon!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This chapter did something weird with the devilman powers.
I can get Reze flying around, explosions will move your body. The spiderman chainsaw I can suspend my disbelief easy enough.
But Katana guy apparently teleported by Iai...like how does that work? Does he wield himself? :psyduck:
I just assumed the dude was well trained and smart and thus was able to move very very fast.

Official translation reads like the translator enjoyed the chapter as well.

Man I can't wait for next chapter. :suspense:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
It's a Sharknado!

This is insane. :suspense:

And I'm not sure Denji is really ready to kill Reze.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I don't think anyone was surprised by this.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'm just happy Power is back, the genius dynamic duo has been reunited!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mulderman posted:

Reze during her introduction chapter.

Reze during the latest chapter

Brilliant use of panels. Also notice how she's much more tense, fists clenched etc.

I was wondering why that sequence seemed to familiar.
That's some fantastic visual story telling. Thanks for posting this Mulderman.

The only thing that bothers me is that her neckband seems to disappear or change places in the opening sequence.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Jose posted:

Major info this chapter and power continues to own

https://mangadex.org/chapter/775112/1

Chapter deleted :(

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

You can read it from here as well, can't vouch for the quality of the translation though.

https://manganelo.com/chapter/ix917953/chapter_53

Thanks.

I'm not sure how well those three guys logic holds up.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Denji is in fact not a chair

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
If Denji gets a stomach ache from eating from the floor, would drinking blood fix it for him?

Also where's Beam? :ohdear:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Cuntellectual posted:

New chapter.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006285

violence devil and power continue to be great.

I completely forget who the lady with a nail is though.

Violence devil just needs a hug.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

RatHat posted:

How exactly do you stab someone with a nail 3 times without them noticing? Can Denji not feel pain?

I like to think that Power noticed, but was just like. "Meh" :shrug:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Fantastic. Those skidmarks

I'm getting a little tired of Power though, perfect as she may be. She's very very present.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

power was barely in the previous arc and the current arc has only been going for like 5 chapters.

Exactly. And I noticed that since this arc started Power is basically screaming constantly.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I have no idea what is happening here.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

profileusername posted:

I don't remember if this has been mentioned so far but can there be multiple devils or fiends of the same type or are they all unique? Wondering since the one fiend with Quanxi resembled Power and wanted blood.

You can have multiple guys contracted to the same devil. I would think that it's possible to have multiple fiends as well.

Man, Power is not going to take it well when someone shows up with the same fashion sense.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

Denji and Power are still the best buddies wver.

I love their combined outrage and not being dolls. Brother and sister :)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

GrudgeOnion posted:

This manga is good as a binge read. I spent the whole weekend sick and passed some time by reading through it in one go -- I think some of the complaints both other people and myself have had, like forgetting who the side cast characters are and then oops they're dead, or the main plot getting lost and murky, it instead reads like a much tighter story in one go. Also, the presentation of Makima is especially ominous when you're given clues about her at a good rate. Also also, this smart dumb comic is funny.

Thank you for these 2 pages. I love power here so much. :allears:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
That Makima doublecross is very surprising, I wonder if it's real of if he's playing Quanxi.

Also I kept wondering what happened with Power because I never saw her take a hit while she was on the ground. So I read that sequence twice trying to find her before continuing only for Power to reveal she took a dive. Power! :argh:

I hope Nice Guy Devil is okay.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

profileusername posted:

New chapter

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006424

Yay Beam is here to save the day again! Oh wait... maybe not. I wonder what effect a curse will have on Denji.

He was just crucified and killed. Just add blood and he'll be fine.

Still, awesome chapter

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This makes perfect sense!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

This is getting even more weird.

I was like "impossible!"
Then I read the chapter.

Well at least the Darkness Devil looks fantastic.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The mak part was easy to see. The rest was much more difficult.

I wonder why everyone wants Makima

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Santa is going to be so disappointed when her new powers fail against Makima

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

:eyepop: :psyboom:

I recommend not reading it until the official scan is out. This is some fantastic poo poo right here and you deserve to see it in it's best quality.

NOOO BEAM!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I love that violence devil attacks a second time wielding a severed arm in his mouth. :black101:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'm still surprised no one commented on how the Darkness devil used a groin based arm to pick up the doll dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Wtf did I just read and why am I shaking in anticipation!