Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-11-01/chainsaw-man-manga-enters-final-stage/.165798

we're heading into the climax folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RatHat posted:

To be fair the “final stage” will likely last years.

Given at the pace this series goes? Not likely.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
A somber as gently caress chapter.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I love that this is the standard argument versus a forced utopia - a flawless world has no room from flaws, which are ultimately the most human thing of all - but just done in one sentence, using the medium we know both Denji and Makima care about. It really makes it work in such a small amount of time.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
chainsaw man stage presentation at jump festa

that's an anime announcement for sure

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Spitting in Makima's face with his loving heart in her hand is the coolest thing Denji has done in this whole series

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
They said it was entering the final arc like a month ago I don't know how blindsided you could be by this

CSM has never been overly concerned with world-building, so I'm not surprised a lot of stuff is being left on the table.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It is however moving to Jump Plus so it could be going monthly

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh also anime adaptation by MAPPA

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I really really really hope the anime is a Sunghoo Park project

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Was anything said about when the manga is coming back?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I mean it's a MAPPA show so there's going to be CG yeah

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
If they're going to get everything up to this point done in one season - and if it's a 26 episode one they kind of have to because there's not really a ton of material to work with for multiple seasons - then they're not going to be able to spend a lot of time on things like that.

That said maybe they go up to Bombwoman for this season and do the rest next one? That might work

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 30, 2021

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
If it helps it's probably not a real spoiler.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

chiasaur11 posted:

Everyone loved Power and Aki, too.

Still there is a vast difference between (JJK spoilers since this is happening now I guess) Someone getting their head exploded on panel and having it vaguely implied that someone died offscreen

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Darth Walrus posted:

I hope there's some strange situation that leads to the War Devil and Denji teaming up. It seems like a bit of a waste for her to get a whole introductory chapter like this before getting chainsawed, and we need a new heroine between now and the Blood Devil coming back (other than poor, poor Kobeni, who frankly deserves a very long break away from all this).

Given her stated objective I don't know what would make Denji want to cooperate with her

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

LostRook posted:

She's a girl?

Would Denji even care about her objective?

It's entirely possible that Denji has learned blindly following every girl is not the best idea

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Weirdly I think Chainsaw Man is better at feeling sincere than Fire Punch, if that makes any sense?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm guessing when the whole "if chainsaw man eats you you literally cease to exist" thing went around in Hell it gave more than enough fear gas for the ol' tank

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the idea that fujimoto has seen deadpool 2 but not 1 is very funny to me for some reason

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yoshida noting the scars and then rolling right on with the conversation makes sense if he's observing Asa and figuring out whether he's got to kill her or recruit her.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 15, 2022

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Denji actively saved people every chance he got in part 1 but I think the point of this is that given a bullshit supervillain choice Denji's always going to go with option 3

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Other than Makima, she's the only devil or fiend I can recall who had a name (Power) different from their domain (Blood). Either that means something or the character had been named before the demonology was fully fleshed out.

Beam and Princi.

It should also be noted that all of the fiends who have names are named after ranks of angels which surely means....something?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
if you see the once upon a time in hollywood shot in motion it's a lot more obvious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EYphQzfm7I&t=41s

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Denji is butthead 100%

nah denji has thoughts and feelings he's beavis

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah I can't find an actual source for any episode titles and there's no good reason for anyone to know them so it sounds like horseshit

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's the name of the volumes.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"Journalism" is very generous. It's not like it's Anime news network or something (which is the first place I checked for episode titles) it's some lovely content farm with a front page made up of 10 THINGS YOU WON'T BELIEVE ABOUT [insert pop culture thing here] like 99% of websites are now

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
chainsaw man is full of dark comedy but unlike a lot of dark comedies it never feels like it's looking down on you for caring

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

hbag posted:

halloween

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think it's just an intentional storytelling device since Denji is no longer our main character. Yeah there's something deeper at work, but even then his goals were still what he really wanted - I have no reason to doubt his "become famous by revealing he's Chainsaw Man" thing ls legit.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
to me the kobeni joke doesn't really take hold until you know that she's actually a highly skilled fighter and just lacks the confidence to execute 99% of the time

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

There is at least one other chainsawman???? Mystery Girl returns???? Denji about to get weaponized???

Part 2 is getting really good. The last big fight set a lot of stuff in motion I’m very excited to see.

Stray observations: Part time work against the rules implies Denji might still be working for someone. Or that’s a Japanese school thing idk.

Rip chord earrings could very well be the justice devil. Clearly they have some form of transformation powers. There’s a False-batman vigilante plot happening, and I have a feeling we’re gonna see more than just one chainsaw clones.

Poor Denji getting a date and looking sort of defeated. Man he is lonely and depressed. My poor sweet boy~

a lot of japanese schools forbid students from working part time jobs, yes

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The guy who literally split himself into two people a couple of times would probably bounce back from being a weapon okay

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

EmmyOk posted:

Asa shooting her shot with Denji, the world's largest fish in its smallest barrel

godDAMNIT greta

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think the clear implication is that Makima knew about Sawatari's group but allowed the attack to happen anyway because it suited her purposes of consolidating all of Tokyo's divisions under her and I don't think there's really a need to make the extra step of "she was directly controlling them".

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Electric Phantasm posted:

:sickos:

Does the preview have the episode title?

"Bruised and Battered".

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
An organization that specifically wants to keep Denji happy which to me says they don't want the full Pochita version of Chainsaw Man running around randomly decapitating people and generally being unstoppable again

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

chiasaur11 posted:

They want to keep Denji from revealing his identity. I'm not so sure on the happy, from the fact he still needs to scam homeless people for money.

I don't have a sub so I can't go back and check but I thought specifically they wanted to keep him from revealing his identity because they want him to have a quiet life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't know how you can say how the animation wasn't up to snuff with stuff like the princi scene or aki fighting the ghost devil

last week was way more understated