Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This series is so weird because it really feels like it is setting up a pretty standard shonen premise but takes a left turn pretty quickly since Denji is a loving moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The phrase "antemortem" doesn't exactly bode well for those characters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

chiasaur11 posted:

I'd argue that someone with mind control powers would have the healthiest dynamics with someone she couldn't control.

This is a plot point in the comic series Mind MGMT by Matt Kindt which is about secret psychic organizations going to war. One of the main characters has a backstory where he's such a powerful psychic that his subconscious constantly biases everyone towards him. Obviously this leaves him completely unable to trust anyone's motivations, including his own wife and child.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I'm guessing the fire devil is both a primal fear and is just the guy from fire punch.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If someone likes Chainsaw Man I would definitely recommend Fire Punch just with the warning that Fire Punch is MUCH MORE depressing and hosed up than Chainsaw Man. There's still some levity like a character that's obsessed with old action movies and yes, the motivation of one of the series' main villains involves Star Wars but there's a lot of bad stuff happening to a lot of characters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fire Punch also had the whole thing where it was never keeping a status quo for very long so you end up with stuff like Agni's cult setting up in the village and it just kind of falls to the wayside pretty quickly since he ends up killing most of them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

I don't like how unbothered Makima still is. Not sure if that's due to her nature as Control devil, but it just feels horribly like this is all as expected. Perhaps according to keikaku...

Have we actually ever seen her display real emotion other than at the movie theater?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Poor Kobeni

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chainsaw Man?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

kobeni is a cosmic anomaly because it is so wildly improbable that she survives any given day.

She's a really, really good fighter. She just never actually wants to fight.
from Chapter 28

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She has a contract with the "Secret" Devil because, you know, people are terrified of secrets.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Shonen Jump app only does things that are Viz's "T/T+" rating but the website goes up to "M." So you can't use the app to read stuff like Hell's Paradise: Jigokuraku, Golden Kamuy or Fire Punch. I assume this is a restriction mostly so they don't get hassled by Apple/Google. The "M" stuff also doesn't let you read the first/last three chapters for free unless you sign up for an account.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Raposa posted:

Holdup, holdup, so theres entire other series that I can read if I just go to the website and log in instead of using the app?

This makes it sound like you haven't read Fire Punch, which means you should read Fire Punch.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Saw that something else that got announced is official merch. Plush Pochita when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

We might get something for the anime on June 27th as that is when MAPPA is doing a special 10th anniversary event with a section on Chainsaw Man.