Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

yum posted:

Dang, makes sense coming from the creator of Fire Punch that the art looks even better when everything is on fire

Also, from Santa’s reaction it seems more and more likely that the reason the chainsaw devil is so powerful is because other devils fear it

Awesome action this chapter

If anything he's drawing more power from her growing fear as the fight drags on. He was chucking a car and shrugging off fiery explosions by the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
The farting so hard your balls explode devil. This devil experiences a drastic power increase during the syndication of Spike TV's Manswers.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

TheKirbs posted:

Denji is obviously God

Denji is the Chainsaw Devilman
The Chainsaw Devil is Poochita
Poochita is a dog
Dog backwards is God

Prove me wrong.

Congrats on your Nobel Prize

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Kobeni is obviously contracted with the lovely jobs devil.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

ZZZorcerer posted:

Saw a bit of Fire Punch and is it really a story about someone who is constantly on fire punching people ? :stare:

its about the toxic Star Wars fandom

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Sep 28, 2020

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

chiasaur11 posted:

One of the traditional four is Conquest. AKA Control.

So, if you're wondering what Makima's role was in that fight... there you go.

The four horsemen aren't her pawns. They're her coworkers.

Who she hates.

Meanwhile, I find it amusing that Chainsaw Man has a hero's inner monster is unleashed plot right after Jujutsu does.

The difference is that Sukuna is a villain who uses the opportunity to conduct mass murder to make Yuji's life horrible, while Poochita is a good boy who just wants to fulfil Denji's dreams... which happens to include some mass murder because, you know. He's the Hero of Hell, Chainsaw Man.

I'm sure Jump editors have a hand in making big moments in different mangas line up like that. I've noticed it happen quite a few times over the past few years.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Reading the thread title I realize the ending with Makima being consumed must be lifted from A Boy and His Dog.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I looked up the Chainsaw Wikipedia entry because I was curious to how long could the Chainsaw devil could have existed. I'm surprised to say it goes back to the late 18th century with its origins as a horrifying to think about bone cutting surgical implement called an osteotome. The first wood cutting chainsaws go back to the early 20th century.

In regards to the film discussion it is my personal theory that chainsaw centric slasher films played a role in empowering the chainsaw devil. The author does like invoking cinema.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Dec 17, 2021

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
In part 2 Denji must fight the forces of OSHA and the Underwriter Labs who are working to make Chainsaws safer to use and less dangerous in the eyes of the public.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
If Makita turns out to be a hybrid I want her to transform her look into army greens after throwing a salute.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I had to stop reading FP after the villain exposited their goal. It was too ridiculous for me.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Regarding Chainsaw Devil's unique powers. I don't think he originally had them, but instead gained them after earning the fear of other devils for his notoriously brutal fights. Their fear of encountering the Chainsaw Devil manifested the power to erase concepts related to them.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 16, 2022

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
It's pretty odd they have a school club focused on an occupation that's basically suicide. Then again bringing the chicken devil to school was no big deal either. Maybe society is much less risk averse when some big shot devil could decimate your city at any time.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

EmmyOk posted:

I am pretty curious about War's ownership of something as a concept. If they became Japanese PM presumably they could consider themselves the boss/owner of Japan. could they convert the entire nation into a weapon then? I assume yes, their power seems similar to Makima's in how it takes hold and grows. Makes sense for conflict and control to both be powers that build in strength as they get more people to fall under their banner.

I also wonder how leverage would work. If War manages to take charge of the devil hunter club then uses them effectively as hostages could they consider that ownership of the school if the principal capitulates to their demands. Very interesting power concept. My first thought was that it was limited if she had to "own" things. However considering how open to interpretation ownership is War can really build up an incredible power to wield.

I assume it means people willing/obligated to fight for war or Mitaka. Like a soldier.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Bucky's murder must not go unpunished :colbert:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
man.. did she just snuff out another chicken?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Brightman posted:

Was thinking about last episode and Makima just no selling the drinking competition. Do you think that was part of her contract with the prime minister and as a result some citizen(s) got super drunk at random?

Makima can drink like nobody's business and be fine because she doesn't lose control.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Dec 1, 2022

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Everyone is in love with Makima because she's got a contract with the Crush Devil :haw:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Electric Phantasm posted:

We're going to get Smart Chainsaw Man who uses his chains to swing around like Beam was suggesting and everyone is going to hate him.

Yeah, but will they fight with absolute psychotic abandon?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Hedge trimmer man going around stealing Denji's thunder.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Kwyndig posted:

Wait, I just realized, Denji didn't get to see the Penguins!

Denji ate them.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Finished watching the anime, now completely caught up with the manga.

Good to see Denji developed a healthy appetite. :stare:

I think my favorite thing is the amazing coincidence that this spot-on thread title was chosen well before the conclusion of part 1.

In the movie, "A Boy and His Dog", the main character and his psychic dog companion choose each other's survival and end up killing and eating the duplicitous love interest.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 31, 2022

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Rabid Boar posted:

There are so many ways this could go and I'm excited for all of them

Nayuta and Asa hit it off so well playing war where Nayuta is ordering everyone around that Yoru inadvertently pops out from excitement and playtime dangerously escalates. Denji is just frozen going "oshioshioshi-"

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
An explosion of huskies

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I like that even in the human world his arrival still significantly imperils those in need of saving.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Gunishment Devil

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Donkringel posted:

I wonder how many devils had their pelvis's savaged when chainsaws were just for assisting in child birth. Tbf that is an absolutely horrific thought if you are an expecting mother to face, so pretty good fear.

Question on Aki. When he is tied up to Makima for his antemortem contract how did he die? One minute alive then he was dead and tied to Makima. Did she kill him and tie him up? Or did the gun devil kill him in the initial barrage and then Aki immediately got joined with Makima?

I always took the death toll with Aki at the end of it meaning he died fighting the gun devil with Makima, but now I realize he could have just been one of the initial victims.

Yep, Aki was in the list.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Scholtz posted:

It's the Cyberbullying "kill you'reself" Devil

Where's Tyler the Creator when we need him the most?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Denji eating the falling devil and accidentally killing the gravity devil and weakening the boulder devil

I feel like Denji eating certain things could also herald the apocalypse.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Lt. Lizard posted:

:tinfoil: : The apocalypse is Chainsaw Devil rampaging through hell and accidentally sending thousands of Devils and dozens of Primal Fears to Earth. Yoshida (or his superiors) and Fami roughly know this thanks to the Nostradamus prophecy, which is why they focus so much on either trying to make sure Denji has ordinary life and has no need to turn into Chainsaw Man (Yoshida) or by trying to weaken Chainsaw Devil by creating Chainsaw Man cults and a fake Chainsaw Man (Fami).

I think it's going to be related to pochita's erasure ability. What happens to the logic of the world when Chainsaw Man goes on a feeding frenzy?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Family Burger!!!!

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I just came to the realization that the reason why there's only weapon hybrids is that they are tools to be wielded and thus are more amenable to cooperating with humans and ultimately most effective when wielded as well. Also I suspect it's not just weapons, but tools in general. I wonder if there's some other scary tool devils out there that have hybridized like pochita did. Wood lathe man...

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Chainsaw man imposter is actually the table saw devil

Hedge trimmer devil

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I know Quanxi is putting on a stone face, but you know fall that has to really hurt.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I guess we're about to learn how chainsaws can erase concepts

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Mraagvpeine posted:

I always thought Chainsaw Man would get a movie, but wasn't expecting it to cover the Reze arc.

I will only watch Beam-Horse on the big screen.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
u trying to rage war? on my land? O_O

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I like how Asa probably wouldn't have tripped if she didn't try to overdo being cautious by cartoonishly tip-toeing.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Elite posted:

Asa only has plot armour in the sense that she doesn’t have Hybrid level immortality, so there’s a limit to what terrible things Fujimoto can do to her. So he was okay making her lose an arm a few chapters back, but doesn’t want to kill her off.

I wonder when the other chainsaw man will turn up again. He seemed to have a vested interest in helping Denji and Asa out.

drat, black chainsaw man has to appear now if only to break katana man's brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Blockhouse posted:

Given what happened the last time Black Chainsaw Man fought the weapon humans he wouldn't have that long to register it before getting completely eviscerated

e: to be clear BCSM is the Pochita-controlled form, not the entirely separate guy we saw that one time

i guess i meant fake chainsawman who showed up to stop falling.