Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It does not. And matches are best of one. Because that's fun.

Top cuts at tournaments at least go to best 2-of-3 matches with some time rules that I don’t care to remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

:psyduck: Wait, why does the TCG call it Lightning type while literally all other media calls it Electric?

The TCG is a little odd in places. Electric is "Lightning", Steel is "Metal", Dark is "Darkness". It isn't even a translation issue, either, japan calls the game type Electric and the TCG type Lightning too.

And of course, instead of calling it "Normal", we have Colorless even though none of hte other types use color terminology. Not like it'd be confusing, even, Grass (& later, Poison) is used for Poison, Water is used for Ice, Fighting for Rock and Ground, etc

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

rannum posted:

The TCG is a little odd in places. Electric is "Lightning", Steel is "Metal", Dark is "Darkness". It isn't even a translation issue, either, japan calls the game type Electric and the TCG type Lightning too.

And of course, instead of calling it "Normal", we have Colorless even though none of hte other types use color terminology. Not like it'd be confusing, even, Grass (& later, Poison) is used for Poison, Water is used for Ice, Fighting for Rock and Ground, etc

The main thing with the type names in the TCG in Japanese is that they use a single kanji rather than hiragana or katakana like the types in the games, likely for space-saving measures. Thus, we have differences, like でんき (denki) becoming 雷 (kaminari). I'm guessing that the types that have equivalent kanji keep their names (such as Fire) while the rest change to similar ones due to that. There's no real reason for the English translation to follow the same route, since obviously it won't use kanji to save space, yet it does so we have those inconsistencies.

That said, the inconstencies are themselves inconsistent between languages! Psychic and Fighting actually have different names in Japanese (TCG is "chou" and "to", games is "esper" and "kakuto") while Steel and Dark are identical ("hagane" and "aku", respectively). Fire, Water and Grass are identical regardless of language. Dragon and Fairy are interesting in that they don't use kanji anymore, so the names are completely identical between TCG and games. Colourless is clearly considered something different from Normal, seeing how the name isn't even remotely close.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Level Seven posted:

Top cuts at tournaments at least go to best 2-of-3 matches with some time rules that I don’t care to remember
Yeah I think the top 8 or 16 or whatever they cut to (can you tell I'm a Magic player with the instinctive 8 and the username) does have something resembling sane, it's not an unreasonable time limit and it's bo3.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
I'm glad my suggestion made it in and that it somehow managed to pull through.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeid40RXrvQ

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Part 5: Mind Over Missing

Rock Club

There's just 3 clubs left to go, don't think there's anything that really happens between 5 and 6, so we'll be using this Haymaker deck by The Golux, though it's not the kind you're expecting. After all, there's plenty of random Basics to throw into a deck.

before you duel the members here! OK! A single match with 4 prizes! I'm going to defeat you!

Of course we're gonna use Farfetch'd, it- gently caress, we didn't get the slap.

Still, Hitmonlee is much less dangerous than the chan, so we'll use Farfetch'd to its full potential later. And I'm still putting Hitmonchan in because I need something dependable, christ.

If you let it power up, then it can snipe the bench for 20 damage, or smack you real hard with Hi Jump Kick. Alright, let's see what else he-

How could this be!?! I'm the one who was defeated! I must return to the Fighting Club to start my training over!

Oh, he never drew another Basic. Cool! That's actually weird considering he has FIFTEEN BASICS, but such is life. He used Mankey and Machop along with the hitmons and balanced it with various Colourless that he could cake in the 26 Fighting energy he probably kept pulling. That was about it for his strat, such is his deck name.

I just finished a duel! I won, of course! The Legendary Cards will belong to me! How about it? Would you like to duel me? OK, same as last time! We'll play with 4 prizes. Is that alright? OK then, let's begin!

He says same as last time even though this is the first time we've fought. Matthew only has the one Snorlax, so it's very unlucky to lead with it.

He's a bit of a staller, but we've got something in the back to take on this crying child.

Seriously. With 3 energy, Farfetch'd is able to dish out consistent damage. Somehow. It's dumb, but not as dumb as this endless stall! But hey, let's be frosty and go for Leek-

gently caress

Wow I'm in hell, but hey, since I can discard Psychic energy for Computer Search, Mewtwo can charge up in 1 turn. But due to Snivel and Defender, it's still alive!!!

Not gonna kill it this turn, so I'll get some more energy. Just because I can.

I'll never get the Legendary Cards if I play like that... I'm going to win the next time we duel.

Thank god that's over. He should be using the Geodude line to deal damage, instead of wasting time with Basics that don't do anything other than waste our time. 4 Defenders and 3 Gust of Wind tell you everything you need to know.

Rock Pokemon... doesn't the name rock? Won't you duel against my Rock Pokemon deck? Thanks! We'll rock this match with 4 prizes!

The Haymaker-Style is split between Farfetch'd, Hitmonchan, Promo Mewtwo, Jynx and Mr. Mime, since we hadn't had a Psychic deck yet, so let's not use Hitmonchan for once.

Meditate deals 20 damage plus 10 more for each damage counter on the opponent, so a reverse Rage, which makes it not as useful. Best used to pick off Pokemon that are barely under half health. The AI usually retreats around then, so you probably won't get it to stick. Also it has Doubleslap, whatever. You're right, I should have posted its card since I was highlighting it, but it's Jynx, it should never be highlighted.

Ponyta hits hard for its stage, but Rapidash only does 30 with Stomp or Agility with a chance of added effects and is pretty mediocre.

I have already had enough. But rejoice, my children, for the SAVIOR HAS COME!!!

HELL YEAH! Also get that crying child outta here. Andrew was another person that should've evolved his mons, but decided to just stick around and stall because I guess I don't have anything better to do with my time. I mean they're kinda right... However despite only having Rapidash and Jynx, he has a lot of energy space for them, making it hard to find other mons.

A Rockin' guy like me should be hard to beat! I've got to rock harder!

What? You want to duel? Alright. You want to duel now? Let's make it a quick single match with 3 prizes. OK, let's start!

Nice little boxing match to start us off, but since I threw the first punch, I'll win the war. Unless we keep healing it off.

No evolutions, baby! But aside from just endless punching since I didn't get many Basics, there wasn't much to the fight.

Whoa! I lost! Here! Take this! What's going on? Must be my unlucky day...

We didn't see the weirdness, such is one and done fights, but Ryan has a full fossil deck, so he has Shellder and Omanyte as Water mons, with energy to match. Though if you take down his Mysterious Fossils, his best options are Hitmonchan and Sandshrew. Also because he has so many Pokemon he'll never actually draw into the ones he needs.

Our duel will be played with 6 prizes! You won't get the Rock Medal unless you defeat me!

Club Master Duel

Marco, it's me, Doctor Mason. I have some information for you about Gene's deck - he's the Master of the Rock Club. His Rock Crusher Deck is extremely strong against Lightning Pokemon. But it's weak against Grass Pokemon! I suggest you study the deck from the Grass Medal Deck Machine. Oh! Before I forget... here's a booster pack for you! Marco! Go defeat Gene, the Master of the Rock Club! Mason Laboratory Doctor Mason ;)

I'm absolutely gutted that didn't work. Oh well, we're getting lucky with the Leer flips.

Like real lucky, I love it.

But hey, we've yet to see one member of our team, let's give it a shake. Seems a bit fragile though...

You can fight Gene immediately, but if you don't know what you're doing, you'll walk right into a drat Dugtrio, which seems a little mean. His Diglett are fragile, but Defenders seem to be everywhere in this club, bah.

Ah I'm being coy, we're actually completely safe. Mr. Mime is probably one of the most annoying Pokemon in the game. If you don't have any status to disable its Power, then you can only ever 2HKO it at MINIMUM. This Dugtrio cannot touch us, though it'll take some time to actually kill anything due to Meditate being pretty mediocre.

How crazy, Rhyhorn has an attack that's not Leer. Well it's just Stomp, so whatever. Mr. Mime doesn't work amazingly against the AI since they tend to not evolve their Basics due to never drawing into the evolutions due to terrible deck builds, but that's not a surprise. But hey, at least the game will never be mean enough to base an entire club about the Psychic type. Haha.

He's stuck on energy with a big heavy snake that only does 10 damage and only exists to stall against small damage. It's over.

Wonderful... your persistence - persistence that can even break rock - has led you to defeat me! You are worthy of receiving this Rock Medal!

And take this Booster Pack, too. I look forward to the day we duel again!

Alright, six medals, it's time for a Challenge Cu-

Rival Encounter

The Challenge Cup is over already! Too bad you couldn't enter! The prize belongs to me! Lv8 Mew! You should really enter the next Challenge Cup! But then again, why bother, since I'll also win that one, too! See ya! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

GUIDE: cool too! Challenge Cups are the best! I wonder when the next one will be?

Pokemon Power: Neutral Shield
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Mew by Evolved Pokémon. You can't use this power if Mew is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed.

Psyshock
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

Well if Mewtwo got a bunch of promos, then of course Mew did. They're all terrible, but that's fine, I'm very miffed about actually missing a Challenge Cup. But I've corrected many Bulbapedia mistakes over the years and the second cup takes place between medals 5 and 6, not 6 and 7. It kinda makes sense, you face Ronald right after medal 5, so to fight him again in a Challenge Cup immediately after is just weird. I also had the bright idea to save beforehand, so I'm not restarting. Ronald will win any Challenge Cup you don't do, but he doesn't add the prize to his deck. I'll use the deck I was planning on using elsewhere, it's not a big deal, you'll just have to get the missed Promo from a postgame Challenge Cup.

Anyway, the card itself, the Power is actually unique right now and very powerful... if Haymaker didn't exist. Still cool though. The card itself was released through the Jan 1997 CoroCoro and available in English through official TCG leagues in June 2002, though an error made Psyshock's side effect Confusion instead of Paralysis. This game marks the only accurate English translation, and the first one to boot!

And since we're cheating in the missed Mew, might as well get the two cards only available through Card Pop!, which require another game, and are completely unobtainable in the 3DS VC version of this game. You're not missing much. Venusaur is interesting, but the one you'll actually get in game is just so much better. Though attacking with this is risky since you won't be able to heal yourself if you get statused. It was created for this game, but you got a physical copy of this card in Pokémon Card GB Official Guidebook in Japan or the Pokémon Trading Card Game: Official Nintendo Player's Guide in English. So that's neat.

Mystery Attack
This attack does a random number of damage and may cause a Special Condition to the Defending Pokémon.

Well it could be interesting? We only have this scan of the GB card, since they were all included in a Pokemon card Price Guide for whatever reason, but this card cribs artwork from the regular Mew in this game, from the Mystery boosters. Weird, but gotta make the kids use Card Pop!. As an aside, the Mystery Mew was available in Japan from the Fossil expansion, but it was moved to a Promo for the English release, from official TCG leagues in Jan 2000.

Well hey, let's cheer ourselves up by visiting... the worst club in the game. Aw man.

Psychic Club

My Ghost deck is really strong! It doesn't have any weaknesses. And it's difficult for opponents' attacks to cause damage! Would you like to duel me? A single match with 4 prizes! Come on, my precious ghosts! Let's make his Pokemon disappear!

Lord help me I'm using an Eevee deck. This was suggested by TheMcD and while it's not optimal in the slightest, of course we've gotta use it! And Porygon to make the eeveelutions hit harder, but I'll just do more damage by not constantly switching to take advantage of this.

Zubat is as annoying as you think with Supersonic and Leech Life. But we've got something in the back, let's use it.

Double Kick
Flip 2 coins. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads.

Stun Needle
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

For even more crazier options we're using 1 of each of the eeveelutions, one actual and one GB, each with different strengths. Regular Jolteon has some nice average damage in Pin Missile while GB Jolteon has much more consistent damage in Stun Needle.

Transforming into a random Basic just isn't as fun as the Defending Pokemon like the actual Ditto they didn't implement in this game, but what can ya do?

Robert's deck isn't massively threatening since Gengar doesn't do a lot of upfront damage and he's clogged up with Zubat, Meowth and Ditto. A surprise Pokemon Breeder might turn the tide, so knock out the little Gastly asap.

If you're unlucky enough to get two Sleep rolls, then Dream Eater does a lot of damage. Thankfully it doesn't heal Haunter.

The other Haunter only does 10 damage with Nightmare, but has guaranteed Sleep, as well as a rad Power to stall, if you get lucky.

Might as well get as much use from Porygon as possible, even if it's a pretty rubbish gimmick. Oh well.

But I see the future... you will lose... OK, a single match with 4 prizes! Here we go!

The Psychic Club love using some Colourless in their decks, and Lickitung is by far the worst. Has a load of HP and either paralyzes you or confuses you. What an infuriating combo.

It got paralysis all 3 times, so let's use the other Jolteon for Quick Attack, I guess. All the main eeveelutions learn it and it's an alright move, but definitely not something to rely on.

Don't ask how long it takes to kill a Lickitung, I don't remember and I don't want to know.

Hell yeah confusion. Just use a Switch, flipping to see whether you waste your turn is not worth it.

Cool. A nice way to absorb 50 damage, but becomes incredible Gust of Wind bait.

Come on people, let's get it together. At least Vaporeon can deal big damage as it's charging, but the biggest wall against this deck is Mr. Mime. Really, what are the chances we'll roll 20 or lower for our attacks? Anything set is 30 or above, which is definitely not allowed.

Our best answer is Quick Attack when it lands tails, letting us 4HKO Mr. Mime. But at least it's nearly de-

gently caress!!! Well at least we have our secret weapon.

Eevee and Porygon has -30 Psychic resistance and a lot of Psychic mons hit that benchmark, making us invincible while we slowly whittle down with Quick Attack. Joy. I didn't really realise how big of a problem Mr. Mime would be to this deck, but I've chosen it for this club, so we're sticking to it.

Oh wait we decked out, rip. Let's try that again and hopefully not face Mr. Mime. Or at least not use my Gust of Winds too early.

Now that's what I like to see! Well, I did get tails on the Quick Attack, what a surprise, but let's see what else you- oh you already know what's coming.

I can't believe my prediction was wrong... I see a vision... you're dueling me again.

Mr. Mime aside, her deck isn't that bad due to the glut of Psychic mons she's using, including a few Mew! Still, she has PlusPower and Trader to get the right things and ensure they hit harder, so try to avoid that.

so he'll probably duel you now. By the way. Would you duel me? Let's play with 4 prizes. OK. Here we go!

Uh, yeah that's the deck name. I think it's time to face another Wigglytuff.

Focus Energy
During your next turn, this Pokemon's Bite attack's base damage is doubled.

Bite

Vaporeon does some good damage when combined with Blastoise to set up with 5 Water energy, otherwise it's a bit slow. The GB scan is incorrect for whatever reason, all the GB eeveelutions don't require specific energy. Bite is consistent and you can make it nice and big the turn before you get all the energy, or you can't attack the enemy for whatever reason.

Well okay, feel free to drag in this duck, means Vaporeon doesn't take any damage. It's a perfectly fine strategy to leave some weak mons in the back so the AI gets greedy with sniping.

And then it rolls from there, not drawing any energy hmm?

You're no ordinary player if you can defeat me! Next time we play, I'm going to win!

Like you'd expect from the name, Daniel uses a lot of Pokemon that can induce Sleep, like Paras, Exeggcute and Jigglypuff. The only Psychic mon he uses is the Gastly line, so his deck is very simple, but can be quite a pain if you flip poorly.

who's visiting the clubs to win the Medals. How do I know this? Because I'm psychic! OK, let me test my new card strategy... against your deck! Are you ready? When you duel me, it's for 6 prizes. Shall we start then!?!

Club Master Duel

Marco, it's me, Doctor Mason. Are you getting any closer to inheriting the Legendary Pokémon Cards? Murray of the Psychic Club - I have some information on his deck! It seems to be a deck that uses Alakazam's Damage Swap! It will be difficult to defeat his deck of Psychic Pokemon. Psychic Pokemon are tricky since their weakness is Psychic Pokemon! Try to defeat him before his Pokemon evolves into Alakazam. Murray is a tough opponent... here, take this! Fight to the end, Marco, and don't give up! Mason Laboratory Doctor Mason ;)

Alright, it's the worst fight in the game, Dr. Mason isn't kidding, Murray is tough because his strategy is so simple and so effective even an AI can pull it off! He has plenty of big Colourless Basics that'll become a problem if we let it.

He's a stalling little bitch as well, so my strategy of burning through my deck to overwhelm the enemy won't work as well this time.

But it's good of him to try and build his Kangaskhan up to attack, means all those Psychic energy go to waste.

Of course he's got more than one Kanga, but that's fine, watch the deck amount.

Oh boy, here we go. Alakazam is pretty deadly, not just because of its Power, though it's definitely a big reason. If you have a bunch of big Basics, your Active has practically infinite health, especially when combined with Scoop Up, which Murray has. Thankfully it's a little fragile and easy to snipe before it fully evolves, but when it gets to fully strut its stuff and annoy the hell out of you when it's attacking, this is by far one of the hardest fights in the game.

Thankfully he's running a bit low on energy, so Chansey will just sit there while he runs out of cards, but I can still do some good damage!

Bite

Rage
Does 10 damage plus 10 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokemon.

Surprised he let me KO the Chansey, but I'm not complaining! Flareon is the most dependable out of all 3 eeveelutions, with great damage in Flamethrower and perfectly fine in Bite, and even Rage when you're a little beat up, though it only goes up to 60 damage. Still, something very hard hitting is exactly what we need right now, the more damage the better.

Kadabra hits drat hard with Super Psy, but without another Fire energy, we can't OHKO in return.

If we used Bite every turn, you can see how long it would take to finally defeat Kadabra. Murray at least doesn't use Damage Swap onto any Psychic mons, so you ONLY have to contend with 3 Chansey, 3 Kangaskhan and 2 Snorlax. That's a lot of HP, but they're just annoyances until he pulls out Alakazam.

Well we beat a Kadabra... now he's ready to use his ace. Oh dear.

My strategy is just ignoring these monsters and sniping the big boys that can't do anything back. We're incredibly lucky that he hasn't put down any Mr. Mime, which is what Gust of Wind is there for so I can ignore them, or Scoop Up, to pick up any damaged Basic and place them down immediately after fully healed at basically no cost. It's a bitch and a half.

Running out of Gust of Wind, or even Switches, makes the rest of the fight a coin flip as to whether you can even do anything and it sucks. Like, really really sucks. The amount of times I failed to beat Murray due to any combination of immortal Actives or bad Confusion luck, or getting decked out by Mr. Mime is something I'm glad to never let see the light of day.

Alright, let's neuter the Alakazam for a bit, one energy discard for two opponent's is great, if only we got more than one before postgame.

So, since I don't have any Switches, if I don't want Murray to get a free prize card, then I need to get the heck outta here.

loving finally! Using up the energy and then flipping to see if you escape makes Confusion much deadlier than it should be.

Alright, annoying, but he's running out of options. Guess he discarded his Scoop Ups when he used Oak, not gonna complain!

Well this turned very bad very quickly, if I can get that last drat Gust of Wind, then I can win this match!

While Eevee and Porygon are great walls since Alakazam only does 30 damage, confusion still occurs. Still, it was a very, very close game, but I did have him in checkmate.

Really, where's the fun in letting him deck out. I can ensure you the rest of the game will be pretty drat easy compared to this, it seems no matter what deck you're using, you'll have trouble against Murray.

Well, you must be pretty good if you're trying to inherit the Legendary Pokemon Cards. Here, take this Psychic Medal.

I'll think of a new strategy, so come see me again! I'll be waiting! Ha ha ha ha ha......

PAPPY: I feel so much better! Here, let me give you this Mewtwo card.

Another day, another Promo Mewtwo. It's identical to the previous Promo, but different artwork, which is the case irl as well. It was available in Japan one month after its previous from the May 1997 CoroCoro magazine, and in English as an insert in the VHS and DVD releases of the first movie. This also makes it the first English card to get a reprint with different artwork.

PAPPY: Thank you for defeating Murray! I feel so much better since you defeated Murray!

There's only one club left to go, crazy. Next time, it's... the rest of the game! Seriously. Things are feel real Gen 1 in here.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Feel free to keep suggesting decks, since we'll be using them for a chunk of the second game before moving to the new expansions.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
There actually is one Pokemon that can one-turn a Mr. Mime without using Pokemon Powers or other gimmicks- Nidoking. Toxic does 20 base damage and inflicts a special poison that does another 20 instead of the normal base, which is exactly enough to KO Mr. Mime without giving them a chance to move.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Is Lily Pad Mew actually on a rock?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I know it's been said before, but the game versions of the card artwork is really stellar. They manage to bring over the fairly detailed and colorful artwork without being all muddy and hard to make out. Things like that Lickitung in particular stand out.

I feel like if there was a GBA game it'd be much more "we just digitized this" feeling and any DS titles would literally be the cards, if a little jaggier because of DS resolution and scaling. It's a very of-the-era kind of thing, adds a lot of charm to the game.

...actually there was a TCG game on the DS but it was purely as tutorial game that came with a special starter set in Japan

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It wouldn't be a Gen 1 game if Psychic wasn't the overwhelmingly best type, I guess.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Ironically, since Colorless resists Psychic, it's actually pretty much the same situation as in RBY competitive, where the best Pokemon are overwhelmingly either Normal or Psychic type.

mr_stibbons
Aug 18, 2019
I'd like to see you try your hand at a fossil deck

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

How did Mystery Mew work as a physical card, did you roll dice for the damage or something?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Sorites posted:

How did Mystery Mew work as a physical card, did you roll dice for the damage or something?

It didn't. See that GB tag on it's right side? That indicates it's from the set exclusive to this game. They tend to use a lot of random numbers, but yes, if you proxied them and knew the rolls the game does dice would probably work.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

mr_stibbons posted:

I'd like to see you try your hand at a fossil deck
Aerodactyl lockdown!

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
This thread made me start playing the game again on my phone, and i have to say, Dewgong and Blastoise is a pretty nasty combo, with plenty of Bills and Oaks to keep the energy flowing.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Make an energy removal deck. Or a deck based on mysterious fossil.

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Even Death laughs when the nukes begin to rain.
For an Energy Removal Deck: Dragonair and Golduck. Call it "Hyper Brain Drain", given its built around Hyper Beam.

For pulling off the Aerodactyl style Fossil Deck, might I suggest Aerodactyl + the usually unused Hitmonlee? Called "Tear Down the Wall".

Reasoning below on both decks in spoiler:

Hyper Brain Drain

Dragonair on the surface is a bit slower to get to Hyper Beam with 4 Colorless as its cost, but has 80HP and Double Colorless is a powerful solution to the technical problem. With Slam as a powerful damage output, and a total lack of weakness, it can technically do it all once set up: Wall, Control, and even Sweep with merciful RNG. Golduck, meanwhile, has it for 2 Water + 1 Colorless but lacks any high damage finisher move to sweep while being nearly as tanky at 70 HP. It's other move is Psyshock for 1 Psychic energy, dealing 10 damage and potentially paralyzing. Not nearly as impressive, so it is far more reliant on Hyper Beam for not only its lockdown, but also reliable damage output.

Which ultimately means the deck is slow to kill, but outside of the opponent having a Haymaker deck, it felt rather reliable. Particularly against the AI. Dragonite wasn't something I used in it, but can serve as anti-Hitmonchan protection since it changes the Resistance into Fighting, so running 4-4-1 on the Dratini line is certainly a route you can explore. Electabuzz Haymaker can be more problematic, given the Psyduck-Golduck line.

_

Tear Down the Wall

Given this entire deck is revolving around making Aerodactyl work, and he's been covered in the thread already, I'll simply be defending tactics and the choice of Hitmonlee. The idea is abusing the anti-evo power by sniping off low HP targets in the back lines of the opponent while also being a Very Big Threat against the most common single stage evolution Walls which the AI decks tend to love to use. Namely Chansey, Kangaskhan, and Snorlax - which all have that Fighting Weakness. I don't recall if Stretch Kick benefits from Power Plus, but as seen so far, most Basic 'mon are pretty low on HP. Target fire any basics that could evolve into a problem, then High Jump Kick your way to victory.

Haymaker - which remains the gold standard in my head for this game and even that era - devolves into who goes first, sadly, as 'Lee is sort of squishy and is reliant on High Jump Kick to clear out a powerhouse up front. Of the three generally used styles of Haymaker, Electabuzz is less of a threat than 'Chan, but Scyther Haymaker can and will wreck this deck hard as an almost pure counterpick. This deck also winds up feeling on the slow side tho.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
How about Butterfree and Beedrill for earlygame bug suffering. Call it Bug Report.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Part 6: To Beat A Master

Imakuni?

Well, it's been a long road, but unfortunately this action packed game must end eventually. Since Imakuni? is in the Fighting Club, might as well beat him up again.

We've got quite a good deck this time around, but surely Machoke getting beat up makes it not that effective?

Unfortunately for my opponents, using an Alakazam/Machamp deck is quite illegal. Brains and Brawn by SleuthDiplomacy, since Alakazam's Power is stupid and lets your Machoke fire off full power Karate Chops or ignore Submission's recoil, and lets Machamp become practically invincible. This is the same as the Blastoise deck, it feels too good for me to actually use, but that's the fun of it!

We get another 4 booster packs, so we'll have to find him again, soon enough.

This guy is a bit of a butt, he requires 5 cards for 1 Promo and something you can chip away as you play the game. There's no time progression in the game, things move forward when you reset, so let's do that a bunch and give him a Golem, Omastar, Parasect, Rapidash and Weezing. This better be worth it!!!

MAN: Please accept this card as a gift from me to you. It's a Lv16 Pikachu. Please take good care of it!

Another Promo Pikachu? Yup, don't need to translate this, it's the same as the Ivy Pikachu with Growl and Thundershock. This was the reprint available through a Toyota campaign alongside Arcanine and this game is the only time it was available in English. At least we're nearly done with all these dang Promos.

How about a rematch? No? OK. But do duel me again sometime.

All the Fighting members have returned to the club, but have the same deck, so we won't fight them again. Onto the main event!

Let's see if you have what it takes to inherit the Legendary Pokemon Cards! OK! Are you ready? Come on! Show me what you've got! We'll play with 6 prizes!

Club Master Duel

Marco, it's me, Doctor Mason. I have some information for you about Mitch's deck - he's the Master of the Fighting Club. His First-Strike Deck is built for a quick attack, but it's weak against Psychic Pokemon! I suggest you duel him using the deck from the Psychic Medal Deck Machine. Here's a booster pack for you... Marco, I know you can do it! Go win the Fighting Medal! Mason Laboratory Doctor Mason ;)

Leading with Abra isn't the best idea, but with Hitmonlee as the opponent, it doesn't really matter where we put it.

Still, sucks to lose a Machop to Hi Jump Kick, least I've been building stuff in the back. Getting Alakazam up asap is very useful.

God this is so easy lmao

Because of how good Machoke is, you might forget about evolving to the final stage. Machamp is very bulky, very, VERY consistent and its only weakness is being slow to set up. 10 retaliation isn't much, but if your enemy isn't hitting very hard, then it'll add up quickly, even if Machamp gets KOed! Of course with the combination of Alakazam, it becomes practically invincible and I could easily sweep the rest of the game with this combo.

Mitch is out of energy and out of time. I like how the entire continent just crashes down, sorry to all you Aussies, such is the fate of racist prison desert. Mitch also uses Machamp, but with plenty of other Fighting mons and only 4 Bills as draws, it'll be tough for him to get things in the right order, so make sure to snipe the Machop when they come up. The main concern is Hitmonchan and the various Potions, Defenders and Switches he can use to protect it.

Here, take this. It's the Fighting Medal! You'll find the secret to the decks of this club encrypted in it.

Here, take this, too. It's a Laboratory Booster Pack. I hope to duel someone like you again someday!

Pokemon Dome

With all the medals... uh, there's nothing else to do in the entire island, so off we go to face the Grand Masters! Make sure you'll full of healing items- er, I mean, make sure your levels are high- er wait, what game are we playing? Still, Dr. Mason has been our mentor, so let's see what other emails he's sent us throughout the game.

Marco, it's me, Doctor Mason. It looks like you've won quite a few medals. Want to try building your own deck? Start by changing some of the cards in your present deck. Keep changing a few cards at a time, and eventually you'll have your own unique deck! It's not that difficult. Give it a try! Mason Laboratory Doctor Mason ;) P.S. Here's a deal - this time, you get 2 booster packs!

Did you try building your own deck? This time, I'll give you tips on the types and number of cards you should include in your deck. If you have 3 of a Basic Pokemon card, you'll want 2 of its Stage 1 and 1 of its Stage 2 Pokemon. If you follow this rule, your deck will be well balanced. You should have about 14 Basic Pokemon and anywhere between 20 and 26 Energy cards in your deck. The type of Energy cards will depend on the type of Pokemon you have in your deck. You might want to look at the decks in the Deck Machine for hints. Mason Laboratory Dr. Mason ;) P.S. This time, I'm sending 2 booster packs again!

Thanks doc. The info the games tell you for deck building is supremely terrible, following my strategies will give you much better results. Nowadays having a lot of Basic Pokemon is recommended due to their powerful draw or support effects, but that was incredibly rare back in the day, meaning you should have few Pokemon, few Energy and the rest should be Trainers to draw into everything you need. Seriously, Computer Search is probably one of the best cards in the game. Also having 4 of a Stage 2 mon means you're likely to have some not prized up and has a higher chance of having them in your hand for Pokemon Breeder. The game really expects you to use their lovely prebuilt decks until you get enough cards to branch out on your own, but seriously, don't listen to their advice, you'll be just fine.

It's time to end the game.

Grand Master Courtney, the Fire Queen. Grand Master of Lightning, Thunder Steve! Grand Master of Ice, Gentlemanly Jack. We are the 4 Grand Masters who guard the Legendary Pokemon Cards. If you can defeat all of us, then you will have earned the right to inherit the Legendary Pokemon Cards! Marco, take your place at the table.

opponent! We shall see if you can tak the heat. A 6-prizes match! Hm-hmm-hmm... let's go for it!

Grand Master Duel

Marco, it's me, Dr. Mason. You're finally going to be dueling a Grand Master... Grand Master Courtney used the Legendary Moltres, so her deck should be made up of Fire Pokemon. Be sure to use Water Pokemon, since Water Pokemon are the weakness of Fire Pokemon. Other than that, just watch how your opponent plays, and choose your strategy accordingly. Mason Laboratory Doctor Mason ;) P.S. You're almost there. Keep up the good work!

Dive Bomb: Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing.

Alright, we're starting off with a Legendary card right out of the gate. Each of them have pretty powerful bench entry effects, but thankfully this only puts lots of energy into the hand, imagine if you could put multiple onto one Pokemon in a turn, that would be busted as hell! However, as we're about to see, they're no slouches when it comes to fighting either, so let's see how this works out.

Ah. poo poo. Sometimes the TCG is quite cheeky in what a Pokemon resists, but it makes sense. It's just very annoying.

Thankfully we get lucky enough to survive one.

Oh wait I have Alakazam, I didn't mean one, I meant ALL!!! I also evolved so we could bang our head against resisted damage without lots of recoil.

Of course you can never have enough Moltres, so here's another one. It's not too great, but Wildfire has its uses and Dive Bomb is still a nuke, if you're lucky. This isn't a Legendary Card (tm), those are the GB exclusive ones.

Ow, Take Down hurts like a bitch. Since I don't want to deal with resistance, we'll just ignore any more Moltres with Gust of Wind, I have only so much time in this life, so I'm making the most of it by, uh, well you get the joke.

Sweeping with Machamp feels like cheating, so let's sweep with Machoke instead.

Now we're out of wind... sigh...

Back to consistency and another Arcanine is here, using Flamethrower to burn me away.

Even with all her drawing, she eventually ran out of energy, since she didn't use any Energy Retrieval. The only mon of hers we didn't see was Magmar, but she mostly builds up Moltres with all her new energy and tries to burn you up. Not too bad, but we had a real powerful deck.

as how you've come this far. Your next opponent is waiting for you!

Very good, Marco! Your second opponent is Steve!

This could've become a pretty nasty challenge with 4 fights in a row, but you can freely change your deck and save between each one. Which is good, cause we've still got some stuff to show off!

Our first pure Psychic deck is a Gengar and Hypno deck by Level Seven, as you saw from the previous fight, the Grand Masters can be tricky, but they're not very difficult either, even if a couple of them took me some tries. We'll be using some different decks to round out the LP!

Dos time.

Marco, it's me, Dr. Mason! Grand Master Steve uses the Legendary Zapdos. The Legendary Zapdos's Peal of Thunder and Big Thunder randomly choose a target, so you never know which Pokemon will receive damage. Be sure to look after, not only your active Pokemon, but also the Pokemon on your bench. His deck should be made up mostly of Lightning Pokemon, so duel him using your Fighting Pokemon. Defeat the Grand Masters, Marco!!! Mason Laboratory Doctor Mason ;) P.S. 3 more to go!

Nice. Zapdos is scary and random, we should be able to dodge most of its attacks due to not putting down as much on the Bench compared to the AI, but that's not a given.

Phew, lucky, since while Gengar is a good Pokemon, it starts off super fragile.

Let's drag in the big hitter and also put it to sleep. I mean, what are the chances Steve has an energy while also being able to wake up on the same turn?

Well crap. If you don't have anything on the bench, then using this Zapdos is absolutely amazing! We got a bit unlucky, but we have more Gastly, I'm sure we can flip this to our favour.

See, like that. This is one of the best ways to fight Steve, just let him kill his bench with Zapdos. It comboes especially well into what this deck can do.

Mmm, that's the good poo poo. Gengar is similar to Alakazam, except it's one damage counter per Gengar and you can, of course, use it to KO enemies. Since this doesn't count as an attack, you can use it to get multiple prizes in a turn, or knock out the Active to then attack whatever gets switched in. The more damage counters you place down, the more fun you can have. And we've got an enemy that just loves putting down damage counters.

You know, if the opponent can even survive a Big Thunder. Dark Mind doesn't do crazy damage, but it's consistent and lets you spread the love around. If you moved the counter onto the active, then it technically does 40 damage, which still ain't bad.

And bonus, with an evolved bench, nothing of ours gets one shot. It really is that easy.

Even retreating won't save you. Again, they're out of energy and out of time.

lmao nice going idiot. I guess we'll talk about the other Zapdos, as well as the one Zapdos we didn't see, but it's no surprise Steve didn't get around to using this one, cause boy its attacks are bad! Very slow to build up for such a big hit that you need to build up to again. Thunder also doesn't do enough damage for the amount of energy it needs, as well as the recoil. But such is the life of a Basic. The second one seems interesting enough, but potential bench damage isn't very strong, especially with the nasty recoil if you get unlucky. It's a good way to spread lots of damage to snipe stuff later, but man are coin flips never fun, so it's more of a cautious recommendation.

Nice and smooth, but our deck was really able to take advantage of his, we'll see how that works for the next fight. Steve will use Zapdos a fair bit, but also has Jolteon and Electrode as stuff to power up in the back. Along with some Pluspowers, Steve can start randomly nuking stuff, but of course because of Big Thunder, it's too easy to turn his attacks against him.

feel we can give you the Legendary Pokemon Cards!

Very good, Marco. Your next opponent is Jack!

Nothing to change, so let's jump right into it! After saving of course.

It's me, Dr. Mason! 2 more Grand Masters to go! Grand Master Jack uses the Legendary Articuno. He will use the Legendary Articuno's Quickfreeze to paralyze your Pokemon. Also, be wary of his other Articuno's Freeze Dry. His deck should be mostly Water Pokemon, so it will be weak against Lightning Pokemon! Go get 'em, Marco! You're almost there! Mason Laboratory Doctor Mason ;)

Hmm, this is looking pretty bad, but what if I told you that we could win this, easy.

Ahahahahahaha!!! This is why I use certain cards of a Pokemon over others.

While we have our tricks, Psychic decks really struggle against the multitude of chonky Basics, especially since their attacks usually do 30 damage due to having secondary effects. There is one way around this.

It's not pretty though, secondary effects occur even if you don't do any damage, so we can slowly but surely move it onto the Ditto to knock it out. You might wonder why not just use Gust of Wind, but you can see the reason I'm saving it down there. Yikes!

Get that poo poo outta here! They're not too bad if there's already a lot of damage counters around and we have multiple Gengar to shift them, but one issue with KOing mons is it heavily reduces the amount of counters. It's a tricky balance.

Also cool cat strats, moving a counter onto Articuno to KO it with Dark Mind. And since Jack is poring energy onto his other mons, his walls of HP just remain that, so we can easily go around them.

Hey, get back here!

We can only keep this up for so long. But we only have so many prizes left.

Slippery little fella. You might think this is trivializing a Grand Master, but since we're sniping his Basics that he's building up, he's running out of Pokemon and energy. Seems to be a consistent problem with the AI, huh.

At least you guys are seeing this abridged version, cause this battle was absolute hell, especially since decking out was a serious problem.

Alright, 3 counters a turn, very nice. Better keep them all in good shape, cause only doing 1 per turn is so, so miserable.

Ice Breath: Does 40 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon chosen at random. Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for this attack. (Any other effects that would happen after applying Weakness and Resistance still happen.)

Huh, guess Jack got bored of not doing any damage and decided to have some fun. Articuno is a real pain with paralysis, but is otherwise kinda whatever, not really much else to say. And while it's tempting to beat it up, there's a much better option.

...oh yeah this deck has another Pokemon. It's quicker to set up and helps with the spreading of counters, with the same kind of problems Gengar has. I'm sure Prophecy has its uses, but meh, let's not look at this thing any longer than we need to.

Anyway, lots of Colourless mons made this absolutely miserable to fight, he nearly used all the ones he had. Thankfully he didn't use a single Scoop Up or Energy Retrieval, we're getting real lucky in dumbass AI not using Trainers. He can set up very quickly due to only having Dewgong to evolve, with Lapras getting pretty strong pretty quickly and both Articuno getting built up behind the big walls.

It is a mortifying thought, but it appears you are better than I. Very well! Now on to your final test...

Spectacular dueling! I, Rod, will be your final opponent! This is your final duel! Show me what you're made of! Is your deck ready, Marco?

Indeed we'll get our deck ready! What better way to face against the legendary leader than with... some bugs. But here's the twist, the bugs are gonna kick this guy's rear end. I'll show you the power of Butterfree and Parasect from this deck by werbear!

It's me, Dr. Mason! The final duel is here! I have some information on Rod, the leader of the Grand Masters. Rod uses the Legendary Dragonite. The longer the duel takes, the greater the advantages for his deck. His workhorse will be his Evolution Pokemon, so defeat them while they are still in their Basic stage! Follow the simple strategy of striking early. This is the final test in inheriting the Legendary Pokemon cards! Go, Marco! Be a part of the legend! Mason Laboratory Doctor Mason ;)

Looks fitting for the final fight, yup.

Even Metapod is able to deal damage with Stun Spore, but before the Lapras can start dealing lots of damage, there's some small fries to deal with.

But of course I activated its trap card, letting it do max damage with Flail!!!

While we wait for Butterfree to show up, here's the other half. It's alright, nice damage, Sleep while we wait for more energy. Nothing crazy, but it's doing its best.

Oh hey, the AI can do that too. Uh oh.

Slam: Flip 2 coins. This attack does 30 damage times the number of heads.

A support Legendary Card is interesting, definitely used late game to clear up all the healing, but since this is the final update, I'm not gonna act like I'm gonna use these drat things. Like Rod will ever fumble into getting the other one out, so the healing is whatever and its attack is coin flip meh. But hey, this card was physically included in the JP copies of this game.

Best way to deal with these mons is, obviously dragging in the weak Basic, like Dr. Mason said. Hey, it's almost like evolutions are a slight liability. You can also make their big attacks worthless by removing energy. Never leave home without it.

Now the fun begins. It takes a bit to set up, and is pretty fragile before then, but once you start rolling the Mega Drain, then it becomes a bit tough to kill. If you've got a defenseless enemy, then you can fully heal yourself in only a few turns, it's pretty nice. Guess what we've got in front of us. And anything you don't like the look of you can just blow away, which also softens them up for when they come back.

And that, friends, is how a butterfly soloed a dragon.

Pah, coward. Anyway, now that we've dealt with the bigger threats, he's out of energy and out of options. It's really easy to brick the AI, almost like they keep drawing random Pokemon and no energy or Trainers. I wonder why!!!

You can also get outta here.

And then drag you back for the final prize. It really is that easy. Rod is honestly the weakest Grand Master since he relies on evolution with not much to support it. Like yeah, 2 Breeders are fine, but only 2 Oaks? TWENTY FIVE POKEMON??? Might as well play 52 card pickup with how much random garbage he was probably getting, goddamn.

Wonderful! This is wonderful!! Congratulations, Marco. You have proven yourself worthy enough to inherit the Legendary Pokemon Cards!!! Except... we have a problem... there is another who has defeated us... you must duel him...

Guess Who

I have already inherited the Legendary Pokemon Cards!

No, Ronald! That cannot be allowed! He, too, has earned the right to inherit the Legendary Pokemon Cards! Ronald! Marco! You two must duel to determine who will inherit the Legendary Pokemon Cards. So say the rules!

Alright, Rod! Is your deck ready, Marco? OK, then let's begin this ultimate duel! I was here first! The Legendary Pokemon Cards belong to me! I'll make it all too clear to you, Marco!

It's a 1-match duel with 6-prizes! Let it begin!

Well that was an easy first prize lmao. It's weird, Rod says we're battling for the Legendary Cards, but Ronald seems to have ignored that and is using all 4 of them! And the Eeveelutions! You might wonder what his Energy is looking like, but we'll see shortly.

In this fight, it's a great idea to snipe the Basics before they become a bigger problem, and also because I don't have enough energy yet.

Ah crap the AI figured out how to use Scoop Up. I'm sure I can get lucky.

Quit it!!!

He's using the GB Eeveelutions, which don't require specific energy, which is annoying, but also makes sense, which is annoying.

However, here's the real kicker, he only has Fire energy, or DCEs, meaning Articuno and Zapdos are complete deadweight, he'll never be able to attack with them. Use this to your advantage to get a bunch of free turns.

Moltres and Dragonite, as well as Kangaskhan aren't hindered by this, so they're ones to look out for.

But, uh, his deck is pretty unfocused and has lots to snipe or drag in, so if you avoid getting tagged by too many bench entry effects, you'll be just fine. The AI struggles with their one strategy, asking them to juggle all these evolutions and legendaries is too much for the poor guys.

Pokemon Dome

No...! NOOOOOO!!!

Congratulations, Marco! You are a card master worthy of inheriting the Legendary Pokemon Cards! The Legendary Pokemon Cards recognize you as a true master! Now go through to the Hall of Honor to receive the Legendary Cards!

to be passed on to you Marco. Hurry and go through to the Hall of Honor!

Please build a powerful around my card!

Congratulations! You're the Champ! My Zapdos card belongs to you!

Congratulations! My Legendary Card belongs to you! Please take good care of this card!

Hall of Honor

Our long journey is finally at an end...

We finally got them! Just the one though, don't be too crazy now. If you want another copy, then do this all again! There's also a machine at the back of this hall that gives you some deck builds for the Legendary Cards. I'm good thanks.

Children's Playing Cards: Our master must not forget: inheriting us does not make you a Pokemon Card Master! A true Pokemon Card Master is one who has the skill to use the abilities of the different cards and the courage to duel powerful opponents. And most of all, the ability to love the Pokemon Trading Card Game no matter what - win or lose! A new journey has just begun...

Credits

And then credits, yadda yadda, thanks for watching, we'll move onto the next game in just a moment, we've got a few things to clean up first.

TCG Island

Legendary Pokemon Cards! The strength of a deck does not depend on any single card, but on how skillfully you are able to use that card. The power of the Legendary Pokemon Cards depends on you! You must become a skilled card master!

Use 1 deck to beat 5 opponents and continue your streak for... content? I guess? It's no Battle Tower, but it's the best you've got.

Does your deck have what it takes to beat stronger and stronger opponents? Ah, who cares.

Still, massive thanks to those submitting, these was a real blast to use and made this LP way more interesting! I had fun with every deck, especially to spotlight some interesting cards I wouldn't have looked at otherwise. Of course, we'll be using more decks and then some in the next game, can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

But really, what else is there to do in the game? Like the generation it cribs heavily from, there's really nothing to do aside from getting the last few cards. Uh, not that it matters since you don't get anything. Still, even if I hadn't hacked in every card, I would still collect all the Promos. Speaking of which...

inherited the Legendary Pokemon Cards! Don't worry, I'm not going to ask you to trade them to me. Besides, it would be a waste not to use the Legendary Cards for dueling. Make sure your duels are worthy of the Legendary Pokemon Cards.

I couldn't believe that I could lose, but now... now I understand. The fun thing about the Pokemon Trading Card Game is not who wins or loses... I couldn't inherit the Legendary Pokemon Cards because all that was important to me was winning. But now I understand! What's important... is to love each card, to use all the different cards to build different types of decks, and to play against different people! So... Marco... will you play with me again? With all sorts of different decks?

Oh hey a character arc. It's as poo poo as Blue's was, sure, but such is early Pokemon. So you can fight Ronald again, there's a chance he'll be in a Challenge Cup, but he can also be rematched with his revamped deck in a small chance when you load up the game. It's a very small chance since it's not listed anywhere. Does it even exist? Ah, who cares. There's 2 cards left to obtain, so let's go grab them.

LASS: Blastoise is cool, but I prefer Charizard! I'll give you this Blastoise if you give me a Charizard! OK then, let's trade! Blastoise for a Charizard!

How very prophetical. I'm pretty sure I talked to every character, is this a postgame or lategame trade? Ah, who cares.

LAD: very, very, very rare card! I wish I could trade, so I could meet Ishihara.

I'm looking for a Chansey this time! I'm thinking about trading my Surfing Pikachu for it. This one has a different illustration than the last one. Do you have a Chansey? Oh wonderful! Then without delay...

It feels like the Promo Pikachu never end. This second version of Surfing Pikachu was only in Japan, available via a stamp rally in Sep 1997, featuring Mt. Fuji and a bullet train, since you went to participating stations for the stamps. This game is the only time it was available in English and of course you should look forward to lots more Pikachu Promos in the next game!

And then Ishihara fucks off. Well, see you next game I guess.

There's one last thing to do, in our third and final battle with Imakuni?! What kind of deck am I using? Hmm, you'll find out next game ;)

Defender and Selfdestruct is so cool, add in some Super Potions and you can chain exploding multiple times! And then there's a snake that deals 20 damage, as well as Poison, making it 40 damage by the time you get back to your turn. That's pretty nice damage.

You won 3 times against me! Does that make you happy? Does it? I don't really want to give you this, but here. Take care of it.

And there we go, the final card of the game. Like I said at the start, this game is short and hilariously easy, but I can't help but love the little sandbox you're given, using all kinds of cards has made this so much fun to play, so cheers for making it another cool LP! But this was just the tasty little starter, the real meat and potatoes and an actual proper game is right around the corner! But, hmm, what's that droning sound?

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
kinda wanted to physically attack rod for putting his unsleeved card in his mouth

werbear
Jan 14, 2017
Hard working bugs defeat fierce dragons and cardboard Blue!
The Bug Catcher deck seems to be by far the weakest deck you used this update but I'm glad Butterfree and Parasect got their time in the sun.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm just gonna bask in the name "Thunder Steve" for a bit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

kinda wanted to physically attack rod for putting his unsleeved card in his mouth

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Jeremy Jarvis, there isnt a reference to the dude who prayed at every rear end crack he saw in a tourney. You better have drawn that before he did that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

Jeremy Jarvis, there isnt a reference to the dude who prayed at every rear end crack he saw in a tourney. You better have drawn that before he did that.
Unhinged came out...

Fifteen years ago. Jesus, I feel old.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I love how Parasect is inferior to basic Scyther in every possible way. Just goes to show that as long as you have enough Trainer cards, anything can defeat the AI.

In the sequel, thanks to the existence of Super Scoop Up and more card draw, you can make a legendary Zapdos deck that consistently wins on turn one

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

I don't recommend you ever playing Digimon: Digital Card Battle then. The characters there do far worse to their cards than just holding them in their mouths.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Fun fact, the spanish translation mistranslated this line as "Do you need to ready your deck?", which means the Yes/No answers do the opposite they're supposed to.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!
why is Ronald the only one with a real life American card back in his art when everyone else has a more stylized version of the Japanese back

this annoys me and weirds me out more than it should

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

LiefKatano posted:

why is Ronald the only one with a real life American card back in his art when everyone else has a more stylized version of the Japanese back

this annoys me and weirds me out more than it should

if I had to guess, most of the official artwork never made it to America, and the ones that did had slight alterations. I have the Prime guide that I pulled out and they did edit the professor's heashot to use the correct card, and a headshot of the player holding a card though Prima doesn't have artwork of any other characters holding cards.

Though they did miss one, a giant tutorial image, that didn't alter the cardbacks.

Anyway if I had to guess Ronald probably had some featured images at some point, for nintendo power probably, so they altered the card backing. But the others didn't

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

There's artwork listed, but never where it comes from, there's this one as well, but I didn't see the need for it since we had a full bodyshot. He has proper Japanese backs in his GB2 artwork, of course, I didn't even notice that it came from the edited Prima guide.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

There's artwork listed, but never where it comes from, there's this one as well, but I didn't see the need for it since we had a full bodyshot. He has proper Japanese backs in his GB2 artwork, of course, I didn't even notice that it came from the edited Prima guide.

oh to be clear it didn't. The priam guide has no full body artwork. When I say head shots I mean literally just talking heads. The closest exceptions in the prima guide are:
-there's an image of the player and some scientist or ronald fighting, to show how the table is set up. This one forgot ot edit the image and actualyl isnt on bulbapedia
-a couple of different heads of hte professor with the arcd on his head edited
-player showing some different expressions, one of them is holding an edited card
-ronald, being smug in his headshots.
-an imagine (in a totally different style, but not looking bad) of goldeen fighting machop
-another image of a seaking fighting machop
-seaking getting bit by a raticate
-shocked rattata

I still have the old manual and flipping through it seems that's where all the art originates. Though they did edit the table layout this time. There's several bust shots of Ronald with a Pikachu, but no full body shot.

that's why I'm assuming a Nintendo Power guide mightve been different

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Huh weird.

I'm sorry.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Part 1: Welcome Back to the Resistance

Another day, another new game. This time, we're jumping right into the sequel of an alright game.

Title Screen

Looks like this peaceful island nation is about to be ready for war!

If you thought the first game had Gen 1 vibes, well it's about to get very Gen 2 in here, we can play as a girl! About drat time! Since the boy was Mark, then this girl is Mint, but since this English translation patch of a game that was NEVER RELEASED OUTSIDE JAPAN, then we have access to Hirigana and Katakana to spice up the name. Note, I don't know what this symbol is, other than it looks like a smiley face.

Oh Hey It's The Narrator Again: Minto came to this island seeking the Legendary Pokemon Cards. 8 Club Master guarded the way to the Grand Masters, and the 4 Grand Masters protected the Legendary Cards. After many card duels, Minto beat the Grand Masters! The 4 Legendary Pokemon Cards were finally inherited by a new Master Duellist. Then, one day... something terrible had happened!

Enter Team GR!

Oh Hey It's The Narrator Again: They called themselves "Team Great Rocket", or Team GR! Team GR attacked the island's card clubs and stole all their cards!

Oh Hey It's The Narrator Again: You must notify Dr. Mason about these Pokemon card thieves! Let's go to Dr. Mason's lab immediately...

Ronald Encounter

Remember me? I'm your long-time rival, Ronald! Minto, do you have any Pokemon cards on you? Oh! Team Great Rocket stole them?! I'd better check them out to stay one step ahead of you! By the way, I think Dr. Mason wants to speak with you. Well then, see ya, Minto!

TCG Island

It's awful! A group called Team Great Rocket, or "Team GR", invaded! This island's card clubs were attacked one by one! Everybody's cards were stolen, and many club members were kidnapped! Team GR stole the Legendary Pokemon Cards from the Grand Masters, too! Please help us get the cards back from those villains!

Uh, you know, look man, I've been thinking about it, and there's more to life than children's card games...

...but at the same time I think my collection was worth thousands of dollars, so I'm gonna loving kill them!!!

Since they took your cards, you'll need a replacement deck. That way you can use your deck to battle with others. Here, take this deck, luckily it wasn't stolen by Team GR!

It can list your card collection, check mail, and even record decks! All recorded decks are sent to our Lab's Deck Record Machines, too. I'm counting on you to get everyone's cards back, Minto! You must find all of the members of Team GR. Ronald and the others need your help. Search all of the clubs!

Alright, time to get all the cards again. As you can see from the DOUBLE AMOUNT, this game is quite a bit larger than the first one, having all the cards from that game, and then some! We'll get them all, don't you worry about that.

Unfortunately one of the best localisations changes, the large deck limit, wasn't carried over to this English patch, so the JP limit is probably in place, or maybe the JP version reduced it between games, who knows.

We don't get a choice of decks, this time we're stuck with a thoroughly terrible Charmeleon deck. Though this is really all you need to beat the entire game, if you noticed how little trouble I had last game with consistent damage. But we'll get a way to get more chunks of cards later, so don't start hyperventilating just because we have ONE DRAW SUPPORT WHAT THE FU

We have mail on the move and can record decks on the fly, though we need to come back to the lab to rebuild them. We can also see all the cards we've obtained from each booster pack. The mailbox is unchanged, but has more utility we'll get into later, though it can only hold 8 mail and we can't get more unless we delete some. Oh yeah, we can also change our coin this game! There's a lot of coins, some are incredibly tedious to get and I won't get them all!

Finally, we can change the window colour. Best game, 10/10.

PCs don't see much use in this game since it's all on our... Poryphone, I think the kids call it? But what's this deck diagnostic?

Oh no...

There is a decent amount of Basic Pokemon in this deck! In that case, this deck is in prime shape to battle right away!

This guy wouldn't know a good deck if it slapped him in the face.

I know, I know, many of you were clamouring to see Tech Sam again! At least you're not forced through the tutorial again, but hey, might as well.

D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-Duel

The game is still the same as it ever was, but the presentation got a cleanup, much more colourful and card backgrounds are now much clearer. Overall, just makes more a more enjoyable experience, even if the base gameplay is basically the same.

A lot of moves got updated animations, such as Double Kick... uh, well you see. Ahem. Opponents will also emote as the duel progresses depending on how they're doing. One happy and one sad! Since we'll always see the sad one when we beat them, I'll also post the happy one, cause they add a lot of characters to these, uh, characters! Admittedly, it might not be much sometimes, but hey, why not. Anyway, like before you're following Dr. Mason's steps exactly.

However since it's optional you don't get anything from it, you need to beat Sam in a normal duel to get booster packs of energy from him, which you also need to build up again. Fun. But there's a new room to the west!

How do you like our new training room? It was built to help tutor players of the Pokemon Card Game! You can start your training at Step 1! You must start with Step 1 first. Would you like to try it?

Let's get through these quickly for some booster packs. I'm only bothering with this side mode so we actually see Tech Aaron in this game.

Each of the booster packs have different designs and also aren't split up according to the expansion they have, so you never really know what you're gonna get. Of course Present boosters only contain energy.

Come back for more training whenever you're ready! Hoohoo!! Step 2 features the Poison, Sleep, Paralysis, and Confusion statuses.

We're using predetermined decks for these, so we'll see some cool new cards, which mostly end in Charmeleon hitting everything for decent damage and winning. The Wartortle was from the Intro Pack, a Japanese exclusive half-deck released in Jul 1999 to introduce younger players to the TCG. It featured Bulbasaur and Squirtle and a fair few cards from this pack is in this game. The Grimer, meanwhile, is from the Team Rocket expansion, which was the biggest expansion yet! Shame that they've already infiltrated this much!

Now for the first booster pack, Beginning Pokemon in Japan, of course, this booster has a mix of Base Set, Jungle and Fossil cards, such as Charizard, Gyarados, Dugtrio, Machamp, etc, but it also contains cards from the Intro Pack, as well as Vending Machine cards. These were also Japan exclusive that came in, well, vending machines that were randomised into sheets with 3 cards each, until the 3rd set had a fourth card on the back. Each of these 3 sets of 36 cards can be considered Promo cards due to looking pretty different in comparison and being very difficult to get, not including the additional Promo cards included in this set that we'll get to later. In case you forgot, there's a lot of loving cards in this game.

Pokemon Powers? Well, I don't think the tutorial will use anything that terri-

Why are you using Alakazam/Chansey??? WHAT KIND OF TUTORIAL IS THIS?!

Oh well, we still have mister illegal over here, so I think we'll be fine.

Remove all damage counters and energy from a Pokemon? Yeah that seems pretty nasty for an Alakazam deck, least Murray was kind enough to use Scoop Up. Legendary Power contains cards from all sets bar Team Rocket, which obviously won't happen until later and contains a fair few cards we're used to, as well as DCE and Breeder, always very important.

However, Step 4 lies ahead of you! You'll have to try it sooner or later if you want to get better! Hoohoo!! I'm waiting!

Alas, we can't do Step 4, which is a normal duel against Aaron, until much later, so his happy face will have to wait until then! I know, I'm also disappointed.

Second room has a lot less to it, auto deck is still poo poo, never use it!

Firstly, let's tackle the biggest elephant in the room, how long has this been here?

GR No.5: You don't have the 4 GR Coin Pieces required to be one of the 'chosen'. If you want in, find the GR members numbered 1 through 4 on the island. If you manage to defeat them all in card duels, I'll step aside. Every member you defeat will award you with a GR Coin Piece. Beat them all and you'll be given a ride to GR Island!

WOMAN: He's the man who made Team GR's new cards! He's so amazing, don't you think? *sigh...*

Well we found out our goal pretty quickly, wow there's a whole new island to explore! Also note that since this is a fan patch, all the various names to new characters are not official ones, such as キング ビルリッチ or King Biruritchi becoming King Villicci. Yes it's kinda the same, but had this game been translated, he would've been called like Matt, or something.

Ronald Encounter

It's more serious than I thought!! Every club has been burgled! Team GR doesn't seem to be in this particular club at the moment. I've heard that there's been a sighting in the Rock Club, though. Anyway, I barely have any cards to duel with as it is! Say, why don't we Card Pop! to get some new cards? Come on, let's Card Pop!

Card Pop!

A-Alright, I don't think this is how cards are made, but hey, might as well.

In any case, Team GR isn't here. Minto! Please go check out the Rock Club! I'll visit the other clubs and gather information about Team GR. Later, Minto!

GR Takeover

All the clubs have gotten a makeover and it all looks rad as hell, definitely one of my favourite things about the game.

Our Club Master, Mitch, was defeated by GR No.1! All of the Fighting Club's cards were also taken by Team GR! Jessica told me they've done the same at all of the other clubs... now it's impossible for us to fight back against Team GR... I beg you! Please defeat GR No.1! Oh?? For real? Thank you very much! Before you go take on GR No.1, though, have a duel with me! If you win, I'll give you a few new cards! We'll have a duel with 4 prize cards! Let's go!

So not everyone had their cards stolen, a select few club members will still be available to give you unlimited boosters so you can rebuild your collection. Sure whatever. Like all the boss battles in the last game, the GR ones aren't difficult either, but we could use some better cards!

However don't think these will be interesting battles. See, depending on game progress, certain opponents will upgrade their deck to something you'd see in the first game. So Michael right now has Machamp and Raticate as evolved Pokemon, 1 Professor Oak and 2 Pikachu... for some reason. It's gonna be a while before we start seeing new stuff, since it's going to be very unlikely that your opponents will actually evolve their stuff, due to having terrible deck builds. But what else is new?

Not that we can talk, since we don't even have a drat Dugtrio! Like last game, you're very beholden to booster packs, but there's other opportunities to get cards, so you're not completely outta luck. Also Diglett is still a monster, just very fragile.

Still, we won't have any problem, once we get a lot of Fire energy rolling, Charmeleon becomes one of the best Pokemon in the game. I wish I was joking.

You're just as strong as I thought! Here, take this! You didn't need anything training after all. You're already strong!

SENIOR: No one seems to talk with me, so I have no opportunity to trade. I'd like to have the rare card Hitmonlee Lv23 for my new deck. In exchange, I'll trade you a Mewtwo Lv60, if you don't mind.

Of course trades are back for mostly Promo cards. If you thought there were a lot of random Promos last game, HOO BOY have I sights to show you later.

Main counter remains the same, except you now get booster packs by purposefully losing to yourself because you don't have fri- wait a minute this game was Japan only, so of course you had friends to play with!!!

The game is poking us towards the Rock Club, but we can fight the GR leaders in any order, so might as well scope out the situation proper.

You want the cards we stole from you back, I'll bet! Well tooooo bad! Prepare to be defeated for defying Team GR! But I'm too lazy to do it myself... Nicholas!

Yes, miss GR No.4!

Isaac!!

Go ahead, take care of this chump! Show him the power of our new club!

Heh heh...

If you manage to defeat these two, I'll take you on myself! I don't like to waste my time with weaklings, you see?

It seems some of our friends, and characters you definitely remembered the names of, have turned against us!

As per GR No.4's conditions, you must duel me. Are you ready? If you don't fight me, you won't be able to advance.

I tried to protect my dear Pikachu deck, but now it's gone! Even if I could have a deck without a Pikachu card, I would be happy...

Our club has been taken over by a girl calling herself 'GR No.4'. If it wasn't bad enough, Isaac, our club master, is working for her. Is it possible for you to defeat GR No.4, Minto? After all, you were strong enough to defeat the Grand Masters...

Seems like a ripoff, we'll come back later.

But fine, fine, this is next on the list. If you were curious what Ronald says if you visit this club first:

It's serious, Minto! Team GR is here! A weirdo calling himself GR No.1 is attacking the Rock Club! The Club Master and members are trying their hardest to resist him. I'd like to fight him myself, but I don't have any cards to duel with! [Card Pop!] Just one card isn't enough for me to take care of that guy... alright, Minto! I'm leaving it to you!!

Save yourself the trouble! Fall to your knees and respect me, GR No.1!

Ah, but you're so inexperienced! I won't do anything of the sort!

Gah! Impossible...! That I, GR No.1 of Team Great Rocket, would lose... tch!! So it seems I've failed to capture the Rock Club... it figures that the Rock Club's the only one good at defense... Rock Club Master Gene!! I may be retreatin' today... but be warned! I'll return and beat you to a pulp!

Rock Club

I see! Minto! Team GR has been attacking the 8 clubs on this island recently. But I, Gene, have defended the Rock Club like a hardened stone. The other clubs, though, seem to have been taken over. I know you had the power to defeat the Grand Masters once before! Please help all of the other clubs by taking down Team GR! So your cards were taken away, don't despair, Minto! Feel free to duel the members of the Rock Club to gain some cards back! But I, Gene, have the toughness of a hardened stone! I made a deck that makes GR No.1's deck look weak in comparison! Are you ready to fight against Gene, the Rock Club Master?

He kept his cool during the duel against GR No.1 and easily won. It's easy to see why everyone admires him in this club. Hey, why don't we have a duel? I'd love to practise my own style.

If you want some booster packs, this is a good place to get them, but we can come back and beat everyone here later, since we'd need to fight Gene to then fight GR No.1 since they wouldn't appear otherwise.

WOMAN: He's a strange little man who dresses in black tights, you see! He tends to wander aimlessly from club to club on this island. If you find him, challenge him to a duel! You may learn something!

GIRL: Hey, do you have a Snorlax Lv20 card? If you do, may I have it? If you do, I'll gladly trade you my rare Jigglypuff Lv12 for it!

Let's see if my main man avoided this purge. Invasion? Warring island states?

Ishihara's House

I love collecting Pokemon Trading Cards. However, Team GR seems to have everyone's cards at the moment. Team GR has effectively shut down the clubs and Challenge Hall. Is everyone okay?

Pokemon Dome

Oh yeah poo poo, should probably check if anyone's still alive.

GR No.5: The Grand Masters have been caught and taken to GR Island! Once we're done with our takeover, we'll have every last card there is! Pokemon Trading Cards are simply wasted on the likes of you fools. We'll pick all the best cards for our decks and lock the rest away! Team GR will have all the cards in the world soon enough!!!

In GR Island... first you get the Pokemon Trading Cards... then you get the power... then you get the women...

RECEPTIONIST: This is the building where we hold the Challenge Cup Tournament. ...but we can't hold a new cup since everyone's cards are missing. Please do something, Minto!

Alright enough distractions, back to the clubs.

Ugh fine, uh, whatever your name is.

Didn't notice anything different in the Psychic Club, guess it was too weird to invade. What next?

Team GR caught me unprepared, beat me in a duel, and locked us all up. There's no way to open the doors, either. Only GR No.3 can do that. If you want to help us get outta this cell, defeat GR No.3. You're our only hope for freedom. You can do it!

GR No.3 took us all one, and we all lost, one after another. Our cards have also been taken. What can we possibly do? That GR No.3 guy left saying something about the Waer Club...

I'm the Fire Club member who burns the hottest! 'tis I, John! ...but since I've been caught, I'm not feeling so hot any more...

Even if it's caught! Fire! It can't be put out! Fire! Even if we have no strength left! Fire...

Imakuni?

Don't call me baby, baby. Wait, what's that music?

Eh? Who am I?! Well! Don't you know me? It is I, the Super Musical Star Imakuni?! But I'm sad right now... there are no Pokemon cards left... or right! Hey, you! Card Pop! with me! Even if you don't want to! Let's Card Pop!

The card I got was Machamp, hooray! You got... an Imakuni? card? You're so lucky! Be glad! Yeah! Since we had a Card Pop!, we both got cards we never had!

GR Takeover

Look at this place! GR No.2 of Team GR is to blame for all of this! Our club's been taken over, and our Club Master, Rick, was kidnapped! Only you, the one who defeated the Grand Masters, can do this! I've been told that GR No.2 is over in the Grass Club. If I understood correctly, he's taken control of their garden.

Oh no, not Rick, how terrible.

Team GR has locked up our Deck Machines, though. It's a mess. However, would you care to duel me? I've hidden my cards from them. We'll implement 4 prize cards for this duel! I'll have you know, though, that I won't be defeated so simply!

There hasn't been enough battles in this first update of this card battle game, so let's fix that! Disable could be annoying from this Vending Venonat...

But Ponyta has 2 good moves, so I don't care. Oh yeah, he still has a Nidoran deck, it would be scarier if he actually fully evolved them, but he only has Nidorino and Golbat. And then 2 Porygon for the heck of it. Don't think about it too much, they needed to fill 60 slots and boy did they!!!

We get lucky enough to ignore Ponyta's fragility, since we can't evolve it, and clean house.

Though eventually we have to let the big boy in the back take charge. Or girl. Gender isn't really a thing in the TCG.

Ahh, just as I expected, easily defeated without the Deck Machines. Well, a loss is a loss. Here, take these booster packs. You can definitely beat Team GR! That's my hypothesis, Minto!

Alright, not having many leads with these northern clubs.

Or, uh, indeed any of the clubs we're meant to go to. Hello?

You're Minto, the one resisting Team GR, right? Well, Club Master Nikki was driven out of the club by GR No.2. Our club is now unfortunately the territory of the nefarious Team GR. In any case, take this. I managed to keep it hidden.

Neat. Island of Fossil contains cards from all but the Rocket expansion, with very important trainers like Computer Search, Mysterious Fossil... and Pokeball. Also got Articuno and Vileplume and that.

Our Club Master, Nikki, has fled from the club. I was told to give you this if you stopped by to investigate.

Please do your best to help Nikki. Brittany knows where she fled to. You can find Brittany sitting at the duelling table over there.

Say, you're Minto, the kid going after GR No.2, right? If you wanna beat him, you'll need to speak with Nikki first. Beat me, and I'll tell where she is. Lose, and I won't tell you anything. If you're ready to test your abilities, let's duel! In that case, 4 prize cards!

Since we're forced to use Fire, this was never going to be difficult.

Still, we're pretty weak and have a terrible deck, so it might even out.

The translation team screwed up repeating her deck name, it's called the Poison Bee deck and features Beedrill! We won't be seeing it, but uh, I can highlight it since it's the first interesting card I've mentioned so far that we haven't come across! Don't worry, there's plenty more to discuss later on. She's also got Intro Ivysaur and Nidorino, wow!

I showed that Butterfree is drat good, and hey, so is Beedrill! 40 damage for 3 energy is some good poo poo and if you land that poison chance, it'll do 60 damage by the time you get back to your turn! Definitely slow, but can still work in a Venusaur deck. Of course, more cards means more strategies, but they're not as helpful as you'd think. And if you don't fancy the poison chance, I guess you could flip one extra coin to do the same damage?

You wanted to know where Nikki is hiding, correct? You can find her at Ishihara's, the house near the northwest cape. Hurry to Ishihara's house and speak with Nikki!

We'll go there later, since it's literally the second place I'd look.

Take a look at the pool! Just look at the Club Members! Sara, Amanda, Club Master Amy... though Joshua ran away before I could catch the little whelp. But why are you here? You want me to free them from their cage? Alright then... if you can beat me in a duel, I'll free them all! Don't you want to help the members of the Water Club? All you need to do is duel me. You may win ownership of the club! Well, suit yourself.

Thanks to Club Master Amy, I was able to escape unharmed. Amy, Sara, and Amanda have all been captured by GR No.3, though. You gotta help us defeat Team GR, Minto! GR No.3 is in our play hall along with the captured girls. However you won't be ready to duel him until you can beat me! We'll duel with 4 prize cards. Let's go, Minto!!

This is a slight problem, but thankfully Diglett isn't weak to Water. Most of our deck is though.

Stop running away! Ah well, I've been slowly making this deck less poo poo, and a Hitmonchan means instant competitiveness.

Hmm, can't take it out in one punch, man, so a horse will have to do. Such is the upper echalons of heroes.

I've been defeated... here, take this booster packs! You may have beaten me, but you'd better not lose against Team GR!

Haven't I been forgetting some- oh poo poo, mail!!!

Alright, we've got Ronald telling us about upcoming battles, but we'll save that for when we fight them, like before. What does the old man want?

Ok boomer, give me what you owe me and stop calling me!!!

Ah, but now we've scoped the situation, things are looking pretty bad. We're gonna need to think about what we can do with our current deck. Man, if I only I had every card in the game.

...oh. Wait, uh, hold on. Sorry, ignore everything I said, I just found all my cards. In my other pocket, what are the chances? Next time, we'll rise up and fight back against these foreign invaders. And we won't be taking any prisoners!

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 11, 2020

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I had enough suggestions from before to carry over to everything I want to cover with them, so suggestions for the new expansions will come in a little bit! For now, welcome to La Resistance.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

I grew up with TCG1, so all these new or updated images for this very familiar game is really making me flip out. Like what the heck is that Squirtle and Wartortle art??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!
is Minto the reincarnation of an ancient pharaoh that Villichi's family had the task of looking over the tomb of or what

...more seriously, is the Card Pop! you get from Ronald fixed or is it an actual, honest to god random Card Pop!?