Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I dont want spoilers or anything and Ive only been playing for a few hours, so dont actually use this thread to talk about it, but its very good and just wanted to let everyone know, even though everyone basically knows arleady. Goodbye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah it's my favorite game in a long time. Lots of good details. Its one of those games where it feels like the developers thought of everything

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Meh. Been finding it too easy. Just cut the RoboCockGobbler's balls off with a Sword of Blazing Twerks and you'll get the Powerbottom Bootyshaker ring and it's basically smooth sailing for the rest of the game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I guess I have to add a stipulatiion for no trolling or smart-assed comments. Just show your appreciation and move on

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

I guess I have to add a stipulatiion for no trolling or smart-assed comments. Just show your appreciation and move on

knowing the kind of twisted freaks that patrol these forums i have a feeling that this post may have just opened the gates of hell

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

Meh. Been finding it too easy. Just cut the RoboCockGobbler's balls off with a Sword of Blazing Twerks and you'll get the Powerbottom Bootyshaker ring and it's basically smooth sailing for the rest of the game.

this is more of a telltale-style feels game

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

elf help book posted:

this is more of a telltale-style feels game

it's really more of a late-stage alcoholism/lovely speed addiction simulator

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
It's really epic, I'm wrapping up day 3 and feeling pretty good about my progress so far and just uncovered some pretty wild loving leads. I'll probably replay it almost immediately, just from skimming other posts about it I've seen so many mentions of sidequests and NPCs that I have no clue about at all

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I'm excited to blow poo poo out of my rear end in a top hat onto my boxer briefs.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lets see if it has the staying power of red dead 2 online or destiny 2 before we start making claims that this, or any , game is "good"

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
After playing Divinity Original Sin 2 I got the itch for this type of game again. Will probably pick it up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Average Bear posted:

After playing Divinity Original Sin 2 I got the itch for this type of game again. Will probably pick it up.

This and what elf butt said can't both be true so what's the big idea. Is my post correct or not.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This is a lore heavy, dialogue sparking, isometric punkshwag romp through the not so distant motherfucking future my bitch.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Its impossible to make fun of once you actualyl play it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

This and what elf butt said can't both be true so what's the big idea. Is my post correct or not.

Elf is trolling... as are you.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The game isnt really what I'd call lore heavy unless you want it to be. It feels very lived in, though.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

It's not really like a telltale game, more like an open ended point and click adventure with stats and equipment and a character sheet and stuff. There are skill checks and dice rolls but no combat system. Basically you make a character and choose your starting stats and one of 24 skills to be your "signature skill" and then have to solve a murder mystery and have a lot of ways to go about it-- much much less linear than a Telltale game

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Wormskull posted:

One of us tells only lies, the other only truth. You may ask us one question.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

One of us tells only lies, the other only truth. You may ask us one question.

What does the fox say?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

What does the fox say?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

The game isnt really what I'd call lore heavy unless you want it to be. It feels very lived in, though.

Yeah the lore is for sure there (especially if you have high intellect/encyclopedia skills), but it’s not like you have to actually know any of it. The world-building in general is top loving notch.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

But it is very much not a “rpg” in the traditional sense of dungeon crawling, with 8 million systems interacting in battle.

It’s a point and click adventure game with dice rolls.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

Yeah the lore is for sure there (especially if you have high intellect/encyclopedia skills), but it’s not like you have to actually know any of it. The world-building in general is top loving notch.

Shivers also seems to be a very important skill for the lore fiend

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I love passing speech checks.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

goferchan posted:

Shivers also seems to be a very important skill for the lore fiend

I completely neglected that tree with my game. Really looking forward to another playthrough already.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Listen, the first time I ever heard this game mentioned let alone praised was by Larry Parrish. So it has to be a slimy, smelly 14 inch turd being slowly squeezed out of a Mediterranean guy’s rear end. Change my mind.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You're missing out on the best adventure game in years.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

I completely neglected that tree with my game. Really looking forward to another playthrough already.

drat yeah I basically rolled a Dale Cooper with high Shivers and Inland Empire and Im like doing astral projection over radio waves and poo poo.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Listen, the first time I ever heard this game mentioned let alone praised was by Larry Parrish. So it has to be a slimy, smelly 14 inch turd being slowly squeezed out of a Mediterranean guy’s rear end. Change my mind.

You’re hearing me praise it now.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Arguing with my partner over who gets which leather jacket

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
just got the bernie sanders ending

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

swimsuit posted:

Epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

swimsuit posted:

Loses all motor function due to sheer joy laughing and blowing perfectly smooth green Nickelodeon boogies out of my nose like a baby.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Loses all motor function due to sheer joy laughing and blowing perfectly smooth green Nickelodeon boogies out of my nose like a baby.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Ok c'mon if I'm gonna drop 40 big ones this game better not be all GBS epic alcoholic humor.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Average Bear posted:

Ok c'mon if I'm gonna drop 40 big ones this game better not be all GBS epic alcoholic humor.

my galaxy brained self is waiting for it to be free on the epic store

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

my galaxy brained self is waiting for it to be free on the epic store

There's an infinite number of weeks but only a finite number of games... eventually every epic gamer will own every PC game....

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Average Bear posted:

It’s not. It’s very well written

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Average Bear posted:

The humors good and I'd say it's more a serious game with some funny bits than it is a funny game