Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
So, 10 minute drive away from me is this place, went a week ago and it's just mind blowing good fun there. You pay an entry fee then have all day / night to free play the machines. They tend to go for real iconic machines in superb condition, would recommend if you are in the area

Here is a dump of pics I took

https://imgur.com/a/YJoRVM4

This is the place: https://www.arcadeclub.co.uk/bury/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

mycophobia posted:

ooh they have tgm3. sick. and tatsujin. i could spend all day there

Yeah we did!
It was super, super cool seeing mums and dads showing their kids the machines.
The kids there were either just blown the gently caress away by what they were seeing, or on the PCs playing roblox :v:
It was a real trip, my son loved it. It's easy to forget but to him it was extremely cool that a lifesized Ferrari was there to sit in, and they made that poo poo for just one game, stuff like that you just don't see these days and it was a real pleasure explaining it all to him, how we used to go to these places to see the newest games, longing for a home port that didn't suck at some point

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I miss the days of me having a JAMMA cabinet.
I leant it to someone for an opening night of their business and overnight it flooded and hosed it beyond repair.

All I have left is a few pics.
All my games were dusty as hell, I used to do a lot of work for a company that repaired / scrapped arcade machines, so I did the artwork for their multiplay systems, they gave me the run of the place.
They rarely wanted the original boards so I could take what I liked pretty much, like this:

And this Tekken 3

I had tons at one point, Neo Geo 4 slot with Blazing Star, Streetfighters galore, Moonwalker - Good times.
The machine was 27 inch 2 player 6 button goliath with coin mech still in it, I do miss it.