Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
This is a very, very cool product that's just launching:

https://jasenscustoms.com/collections/new-items/products/arthrimus-r-m-a-f-remap-and-autofire-pcb

It's a daughterboard for arcade sticks that allows you to remap buttons, duplicate buttons, and set them up for autofire at six different repeat speeds. For example, you can duplicate the fire button in a shmup and have one be single-shot and another be max rapid fire. And you can save up to eight unique button layout profiles!

I almost want to get this just to have it. Seems like it would be useful for changing the button layout of games on the hardware level that otherwise wouldn't let you, customizing it to your preference, or adding turbo to games that don't support it!

ed- I'm just imagining the possibilities with this. If people can't decide on which SNK button layout they like on an 8-button fight stick, they can just program them all. Have the first profile be default, the next four be these SNK layouts, another one or two for shmups…

drat, this is cool!

WindyMan fucked around with this message at 09:45 on May 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Should I spend 4000$ on an F-zero AX full motion arcade machine?

Only if it has some mag cards and a GC memory card slot, and you have the GameCube version with an F-Zero GX save file.

Alternatively, yes.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

https://twitter.com/moftsoft/status/1342657117048598529

Very interesting information on how to tune and mod the monitor that comes in newer Astro City/Egret II candy cabinets to allow for "medium" and VGA resolutions for games that support it, like Naomi games. I've played CvS2 on many cabinets and monitors in my day, and just seeing those pictures of the game running at its best resolution on a large monitor like that is making me salivate. It's a bucket list get for me that's just gotten bucketier!

Shoutout DanAdamKOF for retweeting this so I could spot it.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

XtraSmiley posted:

Uh, again, the BEST Tetris is the Disney one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9QUOT-aIzA

Correct

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

The Kins posted:

I think Flycast is currently considered The Hotness for NAOMI and Atomiswave stuff, Demul supports some other things like NAOMI 2 and Hikaru, but it's a bit rough.

Flycast was built because the source code for nullDC was lost and reicast wasn't doing it for people. Unlike DEmul, Flycast is open source so it's been getting new features and compatibility added to it like crazy. As of last month, it gained GGPO rollback netplay compatibility, which has been integrated into Flycast Dojo (the fork for Fightcade, which will get updated with it soon) and the all-in-one launcher BEAR.

I run the CvS2 Discord and us going from Dolphin netplay to Arcade GGPO in two years has been quite the ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Deviant posted:

Is CvS2 really big enough to accomodate a whole discord? You learn something new every day.

Over 5,000 members, and there are two regional (offline) tournaments coming up in the next few weeks with $1,000 and $1,500 pot bonuses. Plus it's the 20th anniversary of the game, so with that and rollback emerging it's been a good year, all things considered.