Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

The Child Mersir once again approaches the podium. He no longer has any cursed daggers, a fact the members of Haute Cour will try not to think about too hard on the long journey home. Did their house guards always grin so widely?

I am proud to announce that House Mersir, in doing its duty during the Red Sea War, has now become the number one producer of bladed products within the Kingdom of Jerusalem, and we will remain in that position despite my father's tragic death.

To my new brothers in commerce, I hope you appreciate that Mercator Dei has been working since before I was born for this end: a republic that carves a new path for the people of Arabia while hewing to the old traditions of its people. This is the Kingdom of Jerusalem as imagined by Mercator Dei: a conclave of faiths guided by a goal of profit for all. I hope all of the new members of the Haute Cour and those who have seen this triumph will consider who their true friends holding knives are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Ecumenism - We are a broad church, welcoming to all willing to fight the good fight for Outremer.

Plunder - We're in this for the benefit of our people and the detriment of our enemies, wresting from them that which our own have need for.

Brotherhood - We stand together with a bond closer than siblings, for the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.

Order - We stand for a strong, united Outremer led by properly elected Kings and Queens, setting out our grand, driving goal: An empire of Outremer embracing the entirety of the holy lands.

Joy - And as sure as our eternal reward, we're going to have fun doing it.

Are you waiting for your grant of land still, waiting in the wings for a title and concomitant real estate? We're the party most dedicated to getting it for you. Religious minority? We accept all who profess the faith and are willing to be as accepting. Our path is the path of Empire, from the Sahara to the gulf of Oman, from Socotra to Syria. Join us, and claim your rightful destiny.

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.
I also join Mercator Dei

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Many thanks to the talented Bleddyn Cynwrig for providing Pro Regno et Civitate with a spiffy new emblem. Dashing, I say!

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I'll take Sharaf, rename the dynasty to Andirsun, and I'll join Mercator Dei

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Pakled posted:

If our kings had any kind of coherent agenda or reigned long enough to make a case for themselves then maybe. As it stands, we haven't had a king with particularly strong convictions or any capability to consolidate power since Godefroy.

Well now we've got whole bunch of power concentrated on one not-king!

Who is also cruel, deceitful, insane, and infirm.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

i81icu812 posted:

The latter solves the former in short order.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

AJ_Impy posted:

The latter solves the former in short order.

Yeah, if it wasn't for the insanity and the infirmity having a double duke as regent/marshal/leader of largest faction would be a tad much.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

i81icu812 posted:

Yet also a just, gregarious, poet, brilliant strategist and organizer! Why focus so on the negatives?

((it'll be very funny to see the Haute Cour Curse whack Dimitri upside the head in the next update, ngl))

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
I will take Patrician Abul-Razzaq of Shukrid!

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hashim posted:

Also, no clue how, but the current heir to Caspian Steppe is Countess Stephanie's husband?

Has he converted over to Jaffism yet? Clearly, the angels are watching over him.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Snipee posted:

Has he converted over to Jaffism yet? Clearly, the angels are watching over him.

Stephanie's husband? Yeah he's a Jaffite

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Also, here's updated sheets for the patricians that've been claimed so far -

The wali-emir gave Mecca and Medina to those two patricians, and a barony to another patrician, while keeping Khaybar for his own familial possession.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hashim posted:

Stephanie's husband? Yeah he's a Jaffite

:allears:

Jaffism is destined to reign in the Caspian Steppe.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Angstrom Gothington posted:

Alternately, as you are all minority religions, SHH has your back!

I hope you will come join us in SHH so we can fight against the bad guys and learn how to be friends! : )

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Session of the Haute Cour, 1155

A long procession of servants and aides enter the half-finished Hall of the Haute Cour, carrying a large palanquin on their shoulders, heavy with cushioning and royalty.

Dimitri Blaiddyd, Prince of Damascus-Oultrejordain and Regent of the Realm, hurries forward.

: My Princes and Princesses, Counts and Countesses, Barons and Baronesses… as you can see, our Queen’s condition is fast improvi—

: Mmmmm

: Um, I assure you, she is improving! Just a week ago, she was still comatose!

: Ahem. Anyways, in her stead, I would like to formally open this session of the Haute Cour by thanking you all for the grand, completely unexpected triumph that welcomed my return to Jerusalem. Needless to say, however, the victory over the Saracen and the conquest of Mecca was won by all of us — nobles, merchants, even commoners. This victory isn’t mine, but ours.

: But of course, we must expect reprisal. The Muslims of the East are shattered and weak, but the young Sultan of Syria stirs to our north, and the caliphates of Zefid and Almohad loom large to our west. There will be retaliation, and we must be ready.

The Queen, drooling onto her own finery, keels forward and drops to the marble floors.

: Ah! On to business, lords and ladies! The session is open! Someone help her up!

State of Affairs

King: Aurengarde de Blois
Regent: Dimitri Blaiddyd
Government: Agnatic-Cognatic Elective Monarchy
Factions: EP-BoJ, Mercator Dei, Pro Regno et Civitate, Society of Heavenly Harmony
Treasury: 462 gold, +5.89/month
Piety: 1257, +3.17/month
Threat: 20%
Army: 8820 levies
Non-Aggression Pacts: none.
Alliances: none.
Wars: none.

Active Policies:
    None.
Active Laws - 10/10:

World Map:

Weak Claims:

Succession:
Next in line for Jerusalem is the Princess of Arabia Petrae.

Council and Court:
Court Jester and High Almonar is the only title currently available.

Laws:
Cannot pass laws during a Regency (I’m considering changing this though?).

Technology:
Some economy advancements are possible.

Military:

Factions:
There’s a significant danger of an independence revolt, and there’s a faction seeking to put Duke Nfolfo (a duke in Anatolia) on the throne.

Known Plots:

Decisions:

Religion:
Pope Nicolaus III rules in Rome, no anti-popes.

Culture:

Relations:

Trade Zones:
Pisa has been overthrown by a King, and there’s a new Muslim republic in Salerno.

Defensive Pacts:

Diseases:

Empire of China:

Ruler Prerogative:
- Staging a coronation ceremony.
- Awarding minor titles.
- Arranging marriages for family members and courtiers.
- Taking loans from merchant communities.
- Imprisoning treasonous or dishonourable persons (required Council acceptance).
- Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing treasonous or dishonourable persons.
- Ransoming/Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing prisoners of war.
- Sending gifts.
- Purchasing favours.
- Converting his own religion.
- Requesting that courtiers and vassals covert to his religion.

Legislation:
Once the Haute Cour is in session, any lord of the realm can submit legislation, which largely consists of Policies and Laws, as well as optional Directives.
As mentioned, members of the Haute Cour may support or oppose proposals of their choosing.
If at least 1/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, then that proposal is submitted for the consideration of the King. If at least 2/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, it is struck from the books regardless of the amount of support received. The King may strongarm a policy of his own devising in its place.
Sessions of the Haute Cour last 48 hours, 24 hours for drafting legislation and 24 hours for voting. After this period, the 4 most popular proposals are gathered into a single document or Recess, which is then implemented in the next update.

Rules of the Haute Cour:
- You cannot join or change factions when the Haute Cour is in session.
- A member of a Faction may support or oppose legislation submitted by anyone.
- Courtiers are entitled to 1 vote, Barons to 2 votes, Counts to 3 votes, Dukes to 4 votes, Kings/Viceroys to 5 votes. Members of the Council have 2 additional votes.
- The Designated Regent minor title has 1 additional vote, but in the event of a incapable or underage ruler and resulting regency, this will rise to 5 votes.
- Votes are cumulative, so for example, a Count may have 10 votes if they are on the Council and become Regent.
- In addition to supporting Policies or Laws, lords may vote Aye/Nay on each Directive.
- Rank has no effect when Directives are being considered. In this case, each member of the Haute Cour has only a single vote, Aye or Nay.
- If Policies and/or Laws gather sufficient opposition, they may be struck from the bill. The King may strongarm his own agenda into the bill in their place.
- In cases where Laws and Policies contradict one another, the policy will take precedence.
- If support for two proposals are equal, and there is only one place remaining in the Recess, the King chooses between them.
- For obvious reasons, legislation cannot pertain to the ruler’s personal life, unless is he is underage. So, for example, the Haute Cour has no control over who the King marries, though unwise decisions may affect his standing amongst his lords.
- The Haute Cour has no authority over the Character Focus or the Ambition of the King, those being his private matter.

For more details on legislative sessions, click HERE.
For more detail on in-game actions, click HERE.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 10, 2020

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.

Gabri'el ad'Daula

I commend the Haute Cour and military commanders of the realm for their restraint in the conquest of Mecca, and for the just way the lands of the Hejaz were distributed. I have no doubt the Red Sea patricians will make for able Custodians of the Two Holy Mosques, ensuring that all those who would undertake the Hajj can do so safely.

SHH will be proposing a bill soon, but in the meantime we would ask that the Kingdom address the rumors of happenings in the fabled land of Prester John, that our friend and colleague has sought in in his travels. We propose a Directive to further support Prince Severin's expedition to the East.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Looks like another quiet session for some housekeeping and infrastructure

Putting forward the

Crown Jewels Conservation Act

Recognizing the kingdom has bourn the expense of commissioning multiple sets of royal regalia, none of which are in the possession of the current Queen

Amend the Custodians of Jerusalem Law to stipulate: any Crown Jewels belonging to the monarch (artifact crowns, scepters, and ceremonial weapons) pass along with the County of Jerusalem into trust of the Haute Cour upon the death of the monarch and thence on to the next monarch upon election. All other provisions of the existing Custodians of Jerusalem Act remain in force, Jerusalem shall remain the eternal capital of the Kingdom.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

i81icu812 posted:

Custodians of Jerusalem already has 3 clauses, so you would need to amend/remove one of the existing clauses to make it work

hashashash fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 10, 2020

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

The well dressed sickly man makes his way to the podium. Instead of a deathly stench, a sweet smell follows him.

My fellow members of the Cour, is it not a great day? For a new republic able to bring us riches from the east has been established, and let me tell you, it's already paying dividends!

Men in bright yellow and blue outfits decorated with black clams funnel into the room, each holding a platter with cones alongside a tub they are wheeling around, as well as a long set of tongs.

I was able to meet a Turk, one who DIDN'T wanna freakin' kill us (everyone in the Cour laughs), and he taught me an amazing technique made with various ingredients that I can't disclose at the moment, trade secret you know. It is a cold sweet treat that is just as fun to watch as it is to eat.

One of the men goes up to Huang and scoops out a red substance, put's it in a cone, and thenoffers him a one. When Huang reaches for it the man pulls it away with a flourish. At first Huang is displeased, but then the trickery continues and young huang begins to have fun. The show put on by the man is truely a site to behold. Eventually the man hand's huang the cone for real. Huang takes a bite and is surprised by how cold and tasty the treat is, especially in the normally hot Jerusalem. The other men begin to hand out the cones to the other members of the Cour.

Rose flavor, the most popular among the testers. It doesn't look as nice coming out though (groans erupt from the Cour). I call it Izotartea, and you can get it soon at any Thermidor's Bar and Inn near you. But that was only one reason I came up here, for there are laws to be proposed. Or in this case, a law to be ended. We have enough Republics to make us money at the moment, any more and we will have to begin cometing with ourselves, which is bad for buisness. My father pushed for the Red Sea Republic to connect our realm within and out, not to tear it apart. Instead, we shall make sure we put more money into the Jerusalem economy, so as to better make use of our new aquisitions.

I propose the New Era, New Money Law consisting of these clauses:

1. The Ligue Des Mers Nombreuses law will be stricken from the books, as it is no longer necessary.
2. Burgher Taxes will be raised by one level within the next ten years, whenever the option becomes available.
3. The new and old merchants will hold a small party with each other so as to talk buisness.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 10, 2020

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

I would also like to ask young huang for a favor. Without my father the Mercators would not be in the place they are, nor would we be in the building in which we currently preside. He motions around at the Groverhaus. For that I propose a Directive for Young Huang to create a piece of art honoring my father, Pilaf Thermidor, and for it to be put up in the cour, near the larder and eatery. Huang Paints Pilaf for short

That is all, let's keep making money people. Thermidor leaves, enjoying a cone flavored with quince.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

i81icu812 posted:

Looks like another quiet session for some housekeeping and infrastructure

Putting forward the

Recognizing the kingdom has bourn the expense of commissioning multiple sets of royal regalia, none of which are in the possession of the current Queen

Amend the Custodians of Jerusalem Law to stipulate: any Crown Jewels belonging to the monarch (artifact crowns, scepters, and ceremonial weapons) pass along with the County of Jerusalem into trust of the Haute Cour upon the death of the monarch and thence on to the next monarch upon election. All other provisions of the existing Custodians of Jerusalem Act remain in force, Jerusalem shall remain the eternal capital of the Kingdom.

I like the idea of this, but it has a couple problems as it stands:
1: It's adding a 4th clause to a law, which is not legal unfortunately (the limit is 3). Maybe you could merge clauses 2 and 3 of CoJ with some careful wording, to free up space
2: As pointed out by others in Discord, this act could result in the monarch accimulating petty artifacts, like 10 crappy scepters or something.
Off the top of my head, a few solutions to this could be:
- limiting this to level 4 or 5 artifacts;
- limiting to one of each type (giving preference to artifacts of higher level);
- naming specific artifacts to be kept (which might be clumsy, though?)

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 10, 2020

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Can I get an update on my character? Does she have any traits yet?

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Anyway, Count Diogo Dias Abrão thinks horses and knights and jousts and horses are totally cool, so maybe we should Improve Cavalry Technology?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Flavius Aetass posted:

I'll be back home tomorrow, so that's when I can get you an update

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.

Flavius Aetass posted:

I have only ever been big and horny.

As for my character,

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Frionnel posted:

I like the idea of this, but it has a couple problems as it stands:
1: It's adding a 4th clause to a law, which is not legal unfortunately (the limit is 3). Maybe you could merge clauses 2 and 3 of CoJ with some careful wording, to free up space
2: As pointed out by others in Discord, this act could result in the monarch accimulating petty artifacts, like 10 crappy scepters or something.
Off the top of my head, a few solutions to this could be:
- limiting this to level 4 or 5 artifacts;
- limiting to one of each type (giving preference to artifacts of higher level);
- naming specific artifacts to be kept (which might be clumsy, though?)

The good Count Diogo's representative has a point! While our good monarchs should at all times be able to hold on to a set of royal regalia, as well as any artefacts that belong to the Kingdom as a whole, they should also not deprive each of our dynasties of their own treasures. As such, I'd like to submit a modified version of the noble Count Gauthier's proposal for general voting:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Custodianship Amendment Act

WHEREAS the Custodians of Jerusalem Act requires modification to ensure the heritage of our good Kingdom is kept safely in the Capital's treasury

amend the Custodians of Jerusalem Act to read as follows:

- The capital of the Kingdom shall forevermore be the county of Jerusalem and no power may move it.
- Upon election of every new monarch of Jerusalem by the Haute Cour, the latter will cede control over the county to the newly elected monarch for the duration of his reign, to be returned to the Cour when the monarch moves into the next life.
- Along with control of the county, the highest quality Crown Jewels in the monarch's possession ((so Crown, Scepter, Ceremonial Weapon)) as well as any artifacts of major significance to the Kingdom ((rank 4 or 5)) will be retained in the Royal Treasury, to be used by their elected successor.

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 10, 2020

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

And that reminds me! Where is my goose? I could swear I'd sent my men to find it after the last session... surely those rumors of a goose wreaking havoc off the coast of India are unrelated... hmm... erm. Ahem!

Prince-Regent Dimitri suddenly remembers that he is bent over the speakers' podium in front of the Cour, about to present the PRC's signature legislation for the session. He cuts a somewhat less staunch figure than he did five years ago, his hair smoothly transitioning to silver, but he still manages some lively gesturing as he unveils his plans.

Now! Noble members of the Cour, I greatly thank you for your support in the past session, as we have managed to create the hospitals our realm so sorely needed in half the allotted time-frame! This is a success to be celebrated, but our work is not yet done. Indeed, we still lack the facilities to ensure our good and gracious Queen - he gestures to Aurengarde's figure, lightly snoring and propped up in her throne-palanquin by several stressed attendants - is cured of her longstanding wound. As such, I will, with the support of my fellow members of Pro Regno et Civitate, force through the

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hospital Expansion Plan of 1155

Within the next 10 years, while respecting the War Economy Act, the Kingdom will endeavor to upgrade the hospitals in the following provinces with Sick Houses:

- Jerusalem
- Alexandria
- Cairo

As much as it pains my heart to leave my dear subjects in Damascus behind in this bill, Alexandria and Cairo's hospitals currently overflow with victims of Consumption, and as such the Kingdom's resources are much more urgently needed there. Rest assured that if Pro Regno et Civitate continues to support this course, we will ensure further developments in the future!

Long Live Jerusalem!

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 10, 2020

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

I would like to re-submit the motion Establish "Quia Caritas Dei" - i.e., "For the Love of God," as that love should always guide our kingdom - as the official kingdom motto. I still have a bunch of these signs from five years ago and I don't want them to go to waste.

MaxieSatan fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 10, 2020

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Also, given the current state of the realm's finances and the fact that we just acquired custodianship of two grand and beloved holy sites, now seems a particularly good time to institute Pilgrimage taxes on infidels.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

A trio of stern old men walk to the podium in the middle of the assembly

It's a sad state of affairs that our lord Severin can't join us this session. He always had a reckless streak and sounder voices couldn't prevail in the Cour to avoid this situation. Nevertheless, his heir is being well groomed and we must continue to do our job ruling for the benefit of Asyut, Egypt and Jerusalem with all the seriousness and decorum this high chamber is due. With this in mind we propose a bill to procure ourselves friends abroad and make common cause against the Syrian Threat. Without further ado:

The Friends In Hot Places Bill (Which one of you named this bill? Who?!)

1. The King, Queen or Regent shall take all actions they see fit to form diplomatic ties (marriages, betrothals and so forth) with Abyssinia, Socotra, and the Uyghur Manichaean horde
2. As soon as the opportunity arise, pursue an alliance with our steadfast Christian ally, Socotra
3. The armies of Jerusalem shall be forbidden to raid in the aforementioned realms

These terms will last for the duration of this policy, that is, ten years

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Mirdini posted:

The good Count Diogo's representative has a point! While our good monarchs should at all times be able to hold on to a set of royal regalia, as well as any artefacts that belong to the Kingdom as a whole, they should also not deprive each of our dynasties of their own treasures. As such, I'd like to submit a modified version of the noble Count Gauthier's proposal for general voting:

The Custodianship Amedment Act

WHEREAS the Custodians of Jerusalem Act requires modification to ensure the heritage of our good Kingdom is kept safely in the Capital's treasury

amend the Custodians of Jerusalem Act to read as follows:

- The capital of the Kingdom shall forevermore be the county of Jerusalem and no power may move it.
- Upon election of every new monarch of Jerusalem by the Haute Cour, the latter will cede control over the county to the newly elected monarch for the duration of his reign, to be returned to the Cour when the monarch moves into the next life.
- Along with control of the county, the highest quality Crown Jewels in the monarch's possession ((so Crown, Scepter, Ceremonial Weapon)) as well as any artifacts of major significance to the Kingdom ((rank 4 or 5)) will be retained in the Royal Treasury, to be used by their elected successor.

Yeah this is good.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

i81icu812 posted:

Yeah this is good.

I guess you're revoking your initial proposal then?

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Oh, and there's one more matter to bring before the Cour!

I am sure you are all aware that Countess Gerberge of El-Arish's dynasty has de-facto ruled the Duchy of the Sinai for many years now. I move that we make it a formal arrangement, and namely by limiting the amount of ducal power an elected monarch may maintain! I think we can all agree that our rightfully elected King or Queen needs no more than two ducal titles to properly administer their reign. I am well aware that there is considerable sentiment toward this arrangement in the Cour, and hope that the following amendment may lighten those tensions:

Where formerly the Vassal Cohesion Law read:

quote:

Vassal Cohesion Law

WHEREAS powerful lords of the realm may become discontent should their status in the royal court not match their contribution to the realm,

WHEREAS the kingdom cannot afford to face civil war while threatened by external enemies,

WHEREAS petty jockeying and factional politicking for council positions and council power have taken too much of the Haute Cour's time and attention, when many more fruitful directives could be pursued,

1. If dangerous (70%+) rebellious factions threaten the realm, vacant council positions are to be filled following these stipulations:
i. The King (or Regent), when filling vacant council positions other than Chaplain, shall prioritize the most powerful (fist iconed) vassals of the monarch.
ii. If no such powerful vassals are available or able to serve, priority shall go to the eligible vassal candidate with the most troops.

2. Furthermore, if a faction demands increased council power during the duration of this law, the King shall accede to that faction's demands.

Vassal Cohesion Law Amendment Act, adding a third clause as follows:

3. If the monarch of Jerusalem holds more than two ducal titles, they must grant such excessive titles to count-level vassals under that title. Should they hold any counties under the granted titles, they must also pass control of those counties to the newly assigned Duke or Duchess. Once this process is complete, they should hold only the Duchy of Jerusalem and their primary ducal title preceding their election to King or Queen.

((Out of character: we're currently taking a -20 relations hit with all our vassals because we hold more than two ducal titles, which is heavily impacting our income and raisable levies. This law hopefully ensures that doesn't kick in again.))

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 14, 2020

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Greeting court, i'm Pero Correia, Mordomo of Az-Zarqa and representing our most honorable Count Diogo. It happened to us that, with the succeeding short reigns and many regencies of our monarchs, that the office of Regent should acquire a more permanent character.
Thus, we propose that it be renamed Advocate, after the title initially taken by our first lord, Godefroy, Advocate of the Holy Sepulchre. (This is a purely fluff directive that would only affect the name, maybe Hashim can do something with it in the LP though. Also, i welcome any other suggestions to the name of anybody has one)

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 10, 2020

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

House Mersir would like to extend its greetings to our newest members of the merchantry, especially Doge Shabibid, who has helped provide a unique perspective in this chamber. In recognition of his presence in this chamber, and our nation's great support of people of all faiths, I propose a Directive that Doge Shabibid be named Chancellor of Jerusalem in the name of goodwill towards all of the Kingdom's people.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Frionnel posted:

Greeting court, i'm Pero Correia, Mordomo of Az-Zarqa and representing our most honorable Count Diogo. It happened to us that, with the succeeding short reigns and many regencies of our monarchs, that the office of Regent should acquire a more permanent character.
Thus, we propose that it be renamed Advocate, after the title initially taken by our first lord, Godefroy, Advocate of the Holy Sepulchre. (This is a purely fluff directive that would only affect the name, maybe Hashim can do something with it in the LP though. Also, i welcome any other suggestions to the name of anybody has one)

An alternative would be to use Mayor of the Palace instead, after the franks of old. (Yes, because the Discord convinced me to)

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 10, 2020

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

Frionnel posted:

An alternative would be to use Mayor of the Palace instead, after the franks of old. (Yes, because the Discord convinced me to)

One of the egyptian old men from Asyut walks up to the podium

While we appreciate the, ejem, sentiment, of naming the Regent after your old frankish stories, we think forward and believe that someone who executes the Queen's will should be known as Executor

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Count Geoffroy of Aintab

On behalf of the Ecumenism, Plunder, Brotherhood, Order and Joy party, We present the Sharpen the Sword Policy.

In order to ready the forces of Jerusalem for future expansion:

1. We call upon the Queen to invest in the Improved Keeps IV technology.
2. We call upon the Queen to upgrade the the castles of Jerusalem to Keep III as finances allow.
3. We call upon the Queen to upgrade the castles of Jerusalem to Training Grounds III as finances allow.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Hello. My mom took away my papers and my drawing stencils because she says I don’t spend enough time studying Latin, which is a crummy old language that no one likes anyways. I bet the pope doesn’t even like it. >: (

So, I am putting forth a directive that all official Cour business be done and recorded in the local vernaculars (Vernacular means the language you use everyday. I learned that from one of my friends.)

This way, I—. I mean, we won’t have to spend my time learning French and Chinese and Latin and everything else! It’s too much!

OOC: This is purely a flavor directive, Hashim