Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

The Melikah family withdraws the previous Illuminated allegiance and places their 5 votes with the merchants!

5 votes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Finally had the time to compile all the art, I think this is everything so far -

Ralepozozaxe saying what everyone's thinking

Top Hats Monthly campaigns for voters

Early blueprints for our own groverhause by Clayren

Drawings by Huang the child maestro, aka QuoProQuid

The Nike-Mersir collaboration everyone was waiting for, by Thordain

Ad for Jerusalem's finenst tavern, circa 1150, by Ralepozozaxe

Portrait of the haute cour, by a young Huang/QuoProQuid

Huang's story, by QuoProQuid

Prince Severin and the Elephant Rider, just sold for a thousand ducats! QuoProQuid again

A portrait of Pilaf Thermidor, by QuoProQuid

Sev! by Pacho

The Thermidor family portraits, by Ralepozozaxe

Mersirs be branching out, by Thordain

The drowning of Aurengarde, by Clayren

We should be building em, not tearing them down, according to Jossar

A portrait of King Severin, allegedly by Huang/QuoProQuid

The lords of the haute cour, by an older QuoProQuid

Knights coming up with their usual excuses in the post-war conference, by Thordain

End of a Duel, by QuoProQuid

At Last, Poor Alderic!, by QuoProQuid

Sales pitch by Top Hats Monthly

A self-portrait, by Xelkelvos

Operation KNIFE EVENTS will happen, Ralepozozaxe

The clam guard, by Ralepozozaxe

The Three Popes, by Clayren

hashashash fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Apr 24, 2020

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

Hashim posted:

Operation KNIFE EVENTS will happen, Thordain

This was from Ralepozozaxe, I just posted it

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Thordain posted:

This was from Ralepozozaxe, I just posted it

Fixed

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
This thread made quite a lot of art :allears:

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

As discussed previously, I am pleased to announce Prince Edvard as the new leader of the PRC. May he guide our faction to a brighter future for Jerusalem, where all may strive to better the realm in equality and harmony.

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 24, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Dominant faction: A Gilded Tomorrow

Session of the Haute Cour, 1205

King Archambaud enters the Hall of the Haute Cour, looking suprisingly lively.

: Lords and ladies! It's good to be back!

: First things first, I've been informed that a few... ah, rumours about me have been circulating recently. So yes, I feel the need to announce that no, I do not eat the flesh of men. I don't where this slander came from, but trust me...

: Em, with that said, let's get down to it.

State of Affairs

King: Archambaud de Brienne
Government: Agnatic-Cognatic Elective Monarchy
Factions: Pro Regno et Civitate, Society of Heavenly Harmony, Jerusalem Independence Party, The Illuminated, Ecumenical Crusaders of Outremer, A Gilded Tomorrow
Treasury: 379 gold, +22.77/month
Piety: 448, +1.10/month
Grace: 0
Threat: 11%
Army: 27310 levies
Non-Aggression Pacts: none.
Alliances: none.
Wars: none.

Active Policies:
Active Laws - 9/10:

World Map:

Jerusalem, House of Groves

Weak Claims:
Apparently we can press someone's claim on Abyssinia?

Succession:
Next in line for Jerusalem is Prince Margos of Galilee.

Council and Court:
Court tutor and court jester are all thats left.

Laws:
Next crown law can be passed now, next regular law can be passed in now.

Technology:
Some advancements in Economy and Culture are available.

Military:
Vassal levies are mostly recovered, and I'm in the process of recruiting a retinue in accordance with the law.

Factions:
Looking manageable.

Known Plots:

Decisions:

Religion:
Only one pope left, and he's ours.

Culture:

Relations:

Trade Zones:
Yet another merchant republic in Cornwall, Genoa's taken constantinople, and Cerva Serbia's been expanding their operations in the Mediterranean.

Defensive Pacts:

Diseases:

Empire of China:

Ruler Prerogative:
- Staging the cheapest coronation ceremony.
- Awarding minor titles.
- Arranging marriages for family members and courtiers.
- Imprisoning treasonous or dishonourable persons.
- Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing treasonous or dishonourable persons.
- Ransoming/Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing prisoners of war.
- Sending gifts.
- Purchasing favours.
- Converting his own religion.
- Requesting that courtiers and vassals convert to his religion.

Legislation:
Once the Haute Cour is in session, any lord of the realm can submit legislation, which largely consists of Policies and Laws, as well as optional Directives.
As mentioned, members of the Haute Cour may support or oppose proposals of their choosing.
If at least 1/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, then that proposal is submitted for the consideration of the King. If at least 2/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, it is struck from the books regardless of the amount of support received. The King may strongarm a policy of his own devising in its place.
Sessions of the Haute Cour last 48 hours, 24 hours for drafting legislation and 24 hours for voting. After this period, the 4 most popular proposals are gathered into a single document or Recess, which is then implemented in the next update.

Rules of the Haute Cour:
- You cannot join or change factions when the Haute Cour is in session.
- A member of a Faction may support or oppose legislation submitted by anyone.
- Courtiers are entitled to 1 vote, Barons to 2 votes, Counts to 3 votes, Dukes to 4 votes, Kings/Viceroys to 5 votes. Members of the Council have 2 additional votes.
- The Designated Regent minor title has 1 additional vote, but in the event of a incapable or underage ruler and resulting regency, this will rise to 5 votes.
- Votes are cumulative, so for example, a Count may have 10 votes if they are on the Council and become Regent.
- In addition to supporting Policies or Laws, lords may vote Aye/Nay on each Directive.
- Rank has no effect when Directives are being considered. In this case, each member of the Haute Cour has only a single vote, Aye or Nay.
- If Policies and/or Laws gather sufficient opposition, they may be struck from the bill. The King may strongarm his own agenda into the bill in their place.
- In cases where Laws and Policies contradict one another, the policy will take precedence.
- If support for two proposals are equal, and there is only one place remaining in the Recess, the King chooses between them.
- For obvious reasons, legislation cannot pertain to the ruler’s personal life, unless is he is underage. So, for example, the Haute Cour has no control over who the King marries, though unwise decisions may affect his standing amongst his lords.
- The Haute Cour has no authority over the Character Focus or the Ambition of the King, those being his private matter.

For more details on legislative sessions, click HERE.
For more detail on in-game actions, click HERE.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 26, 2020

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
My "I don't eat people" announcement is promoting a lot of questions already answered by my announcement

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Eating people is old hat for the House of Toulouse. We can't deny Raymond's appetites, so we may as well embrace them now

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Once again, in the light of our sire's recently acquires tastes, I propose the No More Tyrants Act: Move the execution decision to the council

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Lords and Ladies of the Haute Cour,

I will propose legislation on behalf of my faction shortly, but I wish to open this discussion with a directive that we can all agree on. For his sins against the Church, for his madness and hubris, for his profound indecency, the charlatan who calls himself Caelestinus should be executed. His body should be cremated and its ashes scattered to prevent the physical resurrection of his body during the Second Coming.

Europe is in turmoil as a result of his actions and there must be consequences.

Burning the false pope's corpse would also prevent our king... our noble king from... you know...

Uhhhh....

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 24, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Now that that unfortunate business is out of the way, I'd like to propose a different directive focused on something that has been sorely missing in our kingdom as of late: Education. While we pride ourselves on being the keeper of sacred places, the Kingdom of Jerusalem has few scholastic institutions that can compete with noble institutions like the University of Constantinople or University of Paris. Some of us have created fine and splendid things, but there are no places in our kingdom to encourage their study.

Thus, I propose that the Haute Cour do its part to promote learning by finally building the art school and gallery originally authorized almost 50 years ago.

The war is won! Let's decorate our chamber has something more than Severin's (lovely but intimidating) mural.

EDIT: Stricken because it violated procedure. Replacement directive can be found here.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 25, 2020

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

GunnerJ posted:

My "I don't eat people" announcement is promoting a lot of questions already answered by my announcement

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

Teen detective Aha Mersir returns with his reluctant guardian Czyrzniech.

Hmmm, there 's something unusual about the King's declaration of non-cannibalism. And I don't remember the Groverhaus having so many human bones lying around it last time we were here. But mysteries must be put on hold for court business.

Members of the Haute Cour, the only issue we should be discussing is that of the Mongols. The only Christian empire remaining in this world was just rolled over by the Mongol hordes, and their armies now control a majority of the known world. The nations separating us from them no longer matter, as they can apply their will with ease.

The Holy Roman Emperor was crushed when he sent an army against the Khan, so we must go with a different path, one of peace. I propose that the Haute Cour and the merchants of Jerusalem send a trade delegation to this new great Khan. The merchants of Jerusalem will send the Khan our finest goods: Mersir daggers of Damascus steel, Thermidor caught seafood, the finest of Shababibid silk rugs, the newest Kolzum mobile thrones. Our goods and goodwill shall separate us from the puffed up and conquered. And if some new trade opportunities open up as a result well all the better.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
edited and posted again further down.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Apr 25, 2020

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Prince of India, in the capacity of new a Guilded Tomorrow member, proposes the following:

The e_nough Faffing About Act: The King and Council are mandated to, immediately, pursue wars of conquest on all powers occupying territory that bars us from forming an Imperial title, starting with Arabian minors and working their way up. The precise legal requirements of this LAW are as follows:

1) Initial expansion may be delayed NO LONGER than 3 years from this very meeting of the HC, excepting only in the case where Jerusalem is in a defensive war.

2) No other aggressive wars will be allowed until Jerusalem is recognized as an Empire. (Outremer preferable but if you actually have the scratch to somehow pop Custom go for it) Hence, while there is technically no mandated time limit for COMPLETING this task, royal hands are tied until such time as they are Imperial hands, at which point this law shall cease effect.

3)Again, begin with the Arabian minors powers first and foremost, unless one of them ends up allied to the Mongols or something crazy like that.

You may seek whatever alliances, hire whatever mercenaries, and attack any rebellions are needed to expedite this task.

---

Our trade and territorial integrity is threatened by our continuous failure to reform our highest level of governmental organization and rationalize the regional borders. It cannot remain so, lest we see breakaway Kings and choked trade lines strangle us.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 26, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Rody One Half posted:

The e_nough Faffing About Act

Policy or law? Just to make sure

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Just to confirm , we never hit the pope up for cash because the act expired, correct?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Hashim posted:

Policy or law? Just to make sure

Law, edited so it has 3 points.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

i81icu812 posted:

Just to confirm , we never hit the pope up for cash because the act expired, correct?

Yep

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

i81icu812 posted:

We’ll be proposing something to that effect

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

The e_nFA act covers our intent for this session, which would have specified wars with Iraq, Nizamid and Samarra. In the interest of strengthening our mutual objectives, we will not offer a countervailing proposal towards the selfsame end. So instead, we will focus on infrastructure to bolster the war effort.

The Trusted Garrison Act

Upgrade the Militia Training Ground in Mirabel.
Upgrade the Barracks in Mirabel.
Upgrade the Stables in Mirabel.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Rolf makes his way to the podium, looking very concerned.

So, I'm kind of stuck here. Can't really go back to the Oresund at the moment, what with all the pillaging in between us and there. Not a great situation. But! Gotta make the best of a bad situation, as my new job requires me to stay here, i'll use that to take the dread off of my mind.

Alongside that The Gilded Tomorrow beginning has been met with great enthusiasm, as we are largest faction in the realm! That's what happens when there are so many merchants doing buisness, and those traders need protection. With that being said our Forced Policy will be thus.

The PPP Padding Policy

1. The PPP shall increase in size by 1000, and their makeup shall now consist entirely of camels.
2. The PPP will expand their repetoire and help protect our trade routes as well as our pilgrims in times of peace.
3. The PPP will also act as defense forces on diplomatic trips, protecting our diplomats in dangerous foreign lands.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Lords and Ladies,

After our hard work in the last war, I think it is time that we get what we deserve. Thus, the Illuminated and I present:

Jerusalem Imperial Consolidation Policy

We hereby order the King to:

1. Request money from His Holiness, Urbanus IV in recognition of Jerusalem's role in displacing the mad pretender Caelestinus, an achievement unparalleled among the Christian kingdoms of Europe

2. Hold a triumph in Jerusalem to celebrate the kingdom's victory over madness and heresy. As part of this triumph, the king, if possible, should force the the captured pope and/or his agents to be paraded through the streets of Jerusalem before being forced to bow before our King

3. As part of a year of celebration, use half of the money given by the Pope on internal development, rewarding the loyal houses of Jerusalem with castle towns, hospitals, and military improvements, especially in provinces whose development has thus far been neglected. This provision shall not be interpreted as authorization to improve the king’s personal demense.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 25, 2020

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Can we get an overview of our finances and current outstanding debts/expected value of the Pope money?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

QuoProQuid posted:

Now that that unfortunate business is out of the way, I'd like to propose a different directive focused on something that has been sorely missing in our kingdom as of late: Education. While we pride ourselves on being the keeper of sacred places, the Kingdom of Jerusalem has few scholastic institutions that can compete with noble institutions like the University of Constantinople or University of Paris. Some of us have created fine and splendid things, but there are no places in our kingdom to encourage their study.

Thus, I propose that the Haute Cour do its part to promote learning by finally building the art school and gallery originally authorized almost 50 years ago.

The war is won! Let's decorate our chamber has something more than Severin's (lovely but intimidating) mural.

I have since been informed that this bill violates the parliamentary procedure of the Haute Cour. I apologize for this error and would like to thank my colleagues for pointing this out.

In its place, I propose a different directive: The King should commission an enormous, lavish painting of the lords and ladies of the Haute Cour in recognition of their role in leading the defense of Jerusalem in its hour of need. Also, the king can be in the painting, I guess. It should be displayed in the Cour chamber when complete.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

i81icu812 posted:

Can we get an overview of our finances and current outstanding debts/expected value of the Pope money?

Finances:

In accordance with the retinue law, I had to invest a bunch of money into that, so building the retinue up will suck money for a while.

Breakdown of finances:

Debts:

Money from the Pope would amount to about 600 gold, assuming he accepts.

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.

Radiya ad'Daula

If the Cour decides against allowing the King to further the state of learning in Jerusalem, it must instead take the mantle of guidance upon itself. I will be offering three directives.

First:

Directive to increase Noble Customs tech. A great deal of effort was made last session to curb the threat of civil war. Let us take the lessons learned to heart and permanently streamline the diplomatic relations between the nobility and the crown.

Angstrom Gothington fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 25, 2020

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.
Second:

Directive to Improve Castle Infrastructure Tech. Our capital is woefully behind in development.

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Third:

Directive to wait and Improve Siege Equipment. We are not quite there yet, but the kingdom's engineers are working on astounding new designs that will help expedite future wars.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

Prince Edvard walks slowly towards the dais with his eyes closed, he's unaided save for a staff with a goose-shaped knob, but a couple of knights from Asyut keep close watch of his steps

Dear members of the Cour, we have finished this cursed war against this cursed false Pope and we have paid dearly for it. Christianity is shattered, Europe lies in ruins, Old Cathay is broken. Only Jerusalem remains! The eagles of Tengri might soon be upon us and the vultures will feast on the carcass of Mirabel if we keep spending ourselves in pointless, internal wars. We are the last Bastion of Civilization, the light in a sea of darkness and we must shore up our strength to defend it. Thus, PRC will present legislation with the purpose of restoring peace and goodwill inside Jerusalem, build up our defenses and preserve and promote the natural sciences and knowledge we have so dearly acquired.

As our first piece of legislation we present the following directive:

The Knights Solitaire - Pilgrimage Protection Personel joint taskforce Directive: Both the KS and the PPP have duties keeping the peace on the roads of Jerusalem. We shall create a corpus of advisors from both institutions to help them coordinate actions and responses to the threats posed by criminals, rebels and malcontents (Reduce rebellion chance in our provinces by a bit)

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

Our second bill is a policy we have discussed with the leadership of the Illuminated. Jerusalem had already received the best and brightest minds of Cathay after the Song collapse and now, after the fall of Europe, their finest thinkers, philosophers and engineers are flocking here, running from the devastation of the Mongol armies. We must not only preserve this knowledge but promote it to improve all areas of Jerusalem: The finest knights in the world in the sturdiest castles, sailing on the fastest boats crewed by our bravest women and men under our benevolent tolerance. Thus we present the following bill:

The Science Promotion Bill

When funds allow it and respecting the bounds set by our laws the ruler of Jerusalem shall, during the ten year duration of this bill:

1. Build a Laboratory
2. Build an Observatory
3. Compose (or order to compose) a History of Jerusalem to preserve our tales, deeds and knowledge for future generations

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Pacho posted:

(Reduce rebellion chance in our provinces by a bit)

Just as a heads up and for general awareness, this isn't a given. Since directives are mostly narrative I take them into my own hands and translate them into something in-game, that may well be very different from what you initally might've hoped for.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Allah, I love being rich :smug:

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

Hashim posted:

Just as a heads up and for general awareness, this isn't a given. Since directives are mostly narrative I take them into my own hands and translate them into something in-game, that may well be very different from what you initally might've hoped for.

That's completely fair and expected, just wanted to point out the general intent of the directive

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

As for our final piece of legislation, you all know that the many years of wars have seen our coffers spent of soldiers and mercenaries, and while it has been worthy to safeguard our Kingdom, it has left our infraestructure... lacking. So I present before you The Hospital Improvement Bill:

For the duration of the policy (10 years) and as soon as money and current laws allow it, the King shall improve our hospitals with leper houses in:

1. Alexandria
2. Gilded Coast
3. Antioch

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

The assembly is no longer taking PROPOSALS, and is now open to VOTING.

If you're CHANGING your votes, please do so by making a NEW post.

Latest vote tally - Click HERE.

:siren:Proposed Policies:siren:

The Trusted Garrison Act - Ecumenical Crusaders of Outremer -

AJ_Impy posted:

-Upgrade the Militia Training Ground in Mirabel.
-Upgrade the Barracks in Mirabel.
-Upgrade the Stables in Mirabel.

Support —

Opposition —

Jerusalem Imperial Consolidation Policy - The Illuminated -

QuoProQuid posted:

1. Request money from His Holiness, Urbanus IV in recognition of Jerusalem's role in displacing the mad pretender Caelestinus, an achievement unparalleled among the Christian kingdoms of Europe

2. Hold a triumph in Jerusalem to celebrate the kingdom's victory over madness and heresy. As part of this triumph, the king, if possible, should force the the captured pope and/or his agents to be paraded through the streets of Jerusalem before being forced to bow before our King

3. As part of a year of celebration, use half of the money given by the Pope on internal development, rewarding the loyal houses of Jerusalem with castle towns, hospitals, and military improvements, especially in provinces whose development has thus far been neglected. This provision shall not be interpreted as authorization to improve the king’s personal demense.

Support —

Opposition —

The Science Promotion Bill - Pro Regno et Civitate -

Pacho posted:

1. Build a Laboratory
2. Build an Observatory
3. Compose (or order to compose) a History of Jerusalem to preserve our tales, deeds and knowledge for future generations

Support —

Opposition —

The Hospital Improvement Bill - Pro Regno et Civitate -

Pacho posted:

For the duration of the policy (10 years) and as soon as money and current laws allow it, the King shall improve our hospitals with leper houses in:

1. Alexandria
2. Gilded Coast
3. Antioch

Support —

Opposition —

:siren:Proposed Laws:siren:

No More Tyrants Act - A Gilded Tomorrow -

WilliamAnderson posted:

Once again, in the light of our sire's recently acquires tastes, I propose the No More Tyrants Act: Move the execution decision to the council

Support —

Opposition —

The e_nough Faffing About Act - A Gilded Tomorrow -

Rody One Half posted:

The King and Council are mandated to, immediately, pursue wars of conquest on all powers occupying territory that bars us from forming an Imperial title, starting with Arabian minors and working their way up. The precise legal requirements of this LAW are as follows:

1) Initial expansion may be delayed longer than 3 years from this very meeting of the HC, excepting only in the case where Jerusalem is in a defensive war.

2) No other aggressive wars will be allowed until Jerusalem is recognized as an Empire. (Outremer preferable but if you actually have the scratch to somehow pop Custom go for it) Hence, while there is technically no mandated time limit for COMPLETING this task, royal hands are tied until such time as they are Imperial hands, at which point this law shall cease effect.

3)Again, begin with the Arabian minors powers first and foremost, unless one of them ends up allied to the Mongols or something crazy like that.

You may seek whatever alliances, hire whatever mercenaries, and attack any rebellions are needed to expedite this task.

Support —

Opposition —

:siren:Proposed Directives:siren:

Execute and Cremate the Charlatan Caelestinus -

QuoProQuid posted:

For his sins against the Church, for his madness and hubris, for his profound indecency, the charlatan who calls himself Caelestinus should be executed. His body should be cremated and its ashes scattered to prevent the physical resurrection of his body during the Second Coming.
Europe is in turmoil as a result of his actions and there must be consequences.

Aye —

Nay —

Send a Trade Delegation to the Great Khan -

Thordain posted:

I propose that the Haute Cour and the merchants of Jerusalem send a trade delegation to this new great Khan. The merchants of Jerusalem will send the Khan our finest goods: Mersir daggers of Damascus steel, Thermidor caught seafood, the finest of Shababibid silk rugs, the newest Kolzum mobile thrones. Our goods and goodwill shall separate us from the puffed up and conquered. And if some new trade opportunities open up as a result well all the better.

Aye —

Nay —

Commission a Painting of the Haute Cour -

QuoProQuid posted:

The King should commission an enormous, lavish painting of the lords and ladies of the Haute Cour in recognition of their role in leading the defense of Jerusalem in its hour of need. Also, the king can be in the painting, I guess. It should be displayed in the Cour chamber when complete.

Aye —

Nay —

Advance Noble Customs technology -

Angstrom Gothington posted:

Directive to increase Noble Customs tech. A great deal of effort was made last session to curb the threat of civil war. Let us take the lessons learned to heart and permanently streamline the diplomatic relations between the nobility and the crown.

Aye —

Nay —

Advance Castle Infrastructure technology -

Directive to Improve Castle Infrastructure Tech. Our capital is woefully behind in development.

Aye —

Nay —

Advance Siege Equipment technology -

Directive to wait and Improve Siege Equipment. We are not quite there yet, but the kingdom's engineers are working on astounding new designs that will help expedite future wars.

Aye —

Nay —

The Knights Solitaire - Pilgrimage Protection Personel Joint Taskforce Directive -

Pacho posted:

Both the KS and the PPP have duties keeping the peace on the roads of Jerusalem. We shall create a corpus of advisors from both institutions to help them coordinate actions and responses to the threats posed by criminals, rebels and malcontents.

Aye —

Nay —

---

Additionally, the following policy has been forced into the Recess by A Gilded Tomorrow, as they rule as the largest faction:

PPP Padding Policy - A Gilded Tomorrow -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

1. The PPP shall increase in size by 1000, and their makeup shall now consist entirely of camels.
2. The PPP will expand their repetoire and help protect our trade routes as well as our pilgrims in times of peace.
3. The PPP will also act as defense forces on diplomatic trips, protecting our diplomats in dangerous foreign lands.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Lords of the Realm

Feudal Votes:
  • i81icu812 - 5
  • Erwin the German - 4
  • Pakled - 4
  • TheFlyingLlama - 6
  • AJ-Impy - 4
  • Zikan - 4
  • Lord Cyrahzax - 4
  • Flesnolk - 4
  • Mirdini – 6
  • Captain Mediocre - 4
  • Angstrom Gothington – 4
  • Flavius Aetass - 4
  • Xelkelvos - 4
  • Freudian - 4
  • sheep-doger - 4
  • Obliterati - 4
  • Pacho - 4
  • Yavuz - 5
  • Vinny Possum - 4
  • Rody One Half – 4
  • Jossar - 3
  • habeasdorkus - 3
  • Snipee - 3
  • HiHo ChiRho - 3
  • Capfalcon - 3
  • Frionnel - 3
  • Technowolf - 3
  • Luhood - 3
  • QuoProQuid - 3
  • Soup du Jour - 3
  • Slaan - 3
  • Thordain - 3
  • Top Hats Monthly - 6
  • Kangxi - 4
  • Clayren - 2
  • Grizzwold - 2
  • WilliamAnderson - 6
  • mcclay - 3
  • Gigagar - 3
  • Ralepozozaxe - 4
  • really queer Christmas - 1
  • megane - 1
  • Shogeton - 1
  • rudecyrus - 1
  • SirPhoebos - 1
  • JT Jag - 1
  • fish and chips and dip - 1
  • Hattie Masters - 1

Factions:

Mirdini posted:

Faction Tally of the 1205 Session

A Gilded Tomorrow (Economy/Merchantry/Innovation, Tolerance)

Leader: Doge-Steward Rolf (Ralepozozaxe)
Members: Caradog Cynwrig (megane), Countess Adeliza (Technowolf), Michael ben Asher (Hattie Masters), Count Julien (Slaan), Wali-Emir-Liaison Taimur (WilliamAnderson), Wali-Patrician Imamamaddin (Gigagar), Count Czyrzniech (Thordain), Patrician Simon (Clayren), Prince Hakam (Rody One Half)
# of members/votes: 10 members, 31 votes

Pro Regno et Civitate (Internal Realm Cohesion & Development)

Leader: Prince Edvard (Pacho)
Members: Prince Humbert (Flavius Aetass), Count Louis (Luhood), Prince Centule (Freudian), Captain-Advisor Haroun (Kangxi), Patrician Mikail (Grizzwold), Prince Érrard (Erwin the German), Prince-Spymaster Mathieu (Mirdini)
# of members/votes: 8 members, 31 votes

Ecumenical Crusaders of Outremer (Expansionism & Military Spending)

Leader: Prince Richard (AJ_Impy)
Members: Princess Garcenda (Lord Cyrahzax), Prince Barthelemi (Captain Mediocre), Count Josselin (HiHoChiRho), Count Bernat (Jossar)
# of members/votes: 5 members, 18 votes

The Illuminated (Imperial Illuminati + General Tolerance)

Leader: Count Fan (QuoProQuid)
Members: Princess Beila (Xelkelvos), Princess Radiya (Angstrom Gothington), Prince Margos (Flesnolk)
# of members/votes: 4 members, 15 votes

Jerusalem Independence Party (Anti-China, Imperial Jerusalem)

Acting Leader: Princely Grandmaster-Chancellor Ildey (Top Hats Monthly)
Members: Prince-Marshal Jaspert (TheFlyingLlama), Count Martim (Frionnel)
# of members/votes: 3 members, 15 votes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Independents

Members: King Archambaud (i81icu812), Prince Fursu (sheep-dodger), Prince Simon (Obliterati), Prince-Regent-Designate Mushel (Yavuz), Countess Stephani (Snipee), Countess Peronelle (CapFalcon), Count Sigismond (Soup du Jour), Wali-Patrician Mukhtar (mcclay), Prince Victor (Vinny Possum), Binyamin Nasrallah (Shogeton), Niccolo Serra (rudecyrus), Javier de Bordeaux (SirPhoebos), Jovani Giaguro (JT Jag), Bogdan Ryba (fish and chips and dip), Count Mohammed (habeasdorkus), Princess Willemine (Pakled), Princess Cristen (Zikan)
# of members/votes: 17 members, 50 votes

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Four votes for Enought Faffing!

Execute and Cremate the Charlatan Caelestinus - Nay! Pouring more oil on the flame of burning Christendom? I think not.

Send a Trade Delegation to the Great Khan - Nay! Jerusalem must not approach the Khan as beggars.

Commission a Painting of the Haute Cour - Nay! We should commission paintings of our victories in Arabia, once they are won.

Advance Noble Customs technology - Aye!

Advance Castle Infrastructure technology - Aye!

Advance Siege Equipment technology - Aye!

The Knights Solitaire - Pilgrimage Protection Personel Joint Taskforce Directive - Nay! -They can patrol the roads of Arabia and Mesopotamia, once they are conquered!

Lord Cyrahzax fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

4 votes to e_nough Faffing About Act, Aye to all directives