Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Probably the kind of news story I miss the most are stories that involve fat people. They'd have some doctor talk about fat people, and then roll after roll of footage of fat people from the neck down walking in pairs. You don't see that kind of reporting any more, because APPARENTLY no one cares anymore about that thing.

Also, remember when every year seemed to have the Summer of the Shark? Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Fat people became normalized.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Edward Mass posted:

Probably the kind of news story I miss the most are stories that involve fat people. They'd have some doctor talk about fat people, and then roll after roll of footage of fat people from the neck down walking in pairs. You don't see that kind of reporting any more, because APPARENTLY no one cares anymore about that thing.

Also, remember when every year seemed to have the Summer of the Shark? Good times.

That was bc stock footage of fat Americans is really easy to obtain.

Were like post scarcity via a vis anonymous fat people footage.

Now the media has moved on since the public service announcements all worked and there are no longer any fat people in America.

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf
it was because being a lardass got elevated to the level of some kind of noble civil rights struggle OP

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I remember when they said butter was bad for you and you should eat margarine instead. Then they said margarine was actually worse than butter but they didn’t say what you should eat instead of that. Nutella is gross on rye srry newsppl. :shrug:

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
need more night vision explosions of baghdad tbh

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Who watches the news anymore? I get all my news 4th hand through YouTube commentators.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Tarkus posted:

Who watches the news anymore? I get all my news 4th hand through YouTube commentators.
if its not posted in GBS or my local paper it didnt happen

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

https://youtu.be/yt4KG9ib8S4

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I miss when it was a big deal that the Dell Dude got arrested for pot, because it made Dell seem even more hip and cool. Then Dell cut their ties, and now you don't see anyone talk about Dell anymore.

What is the Dell Dude doing these days, anyway?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Not getting arrested for pot (legal)

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be9mHcfnLF8

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUXow3d3-b0

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I miss the times when Republicans had to resort to lambasting Obama for liking Dijon mustard. It felt so innocent, somehow.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They were lambasting him because he was black hth

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
i miss the stories of trump being a russia controlled puppet, man those were great imagine falling for that gas lighting lmao

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

race riots

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Down here one of the major networks plays a 2 hour news program called "All Australian News" where they put together every happy little rural or suburban story you'd normally see at the end of the regular news. So there's no politics, no violence or anger, just a constant stream of local fairs, award winners, school projects and funny pets. Might sound boring but it's calming and drably uplifting and it's the only news show I'll watch.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
i miss ethics in journalism lol jk that never existed. i miss the insane yellow journalism of the late 1800 early 1900 jk again that never went away.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Tane posted:

race riots

ya i forgot about these lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
KILLER BEES

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
Deforestation and the lack of trees would make our planet a huge desert that we would only survive with oxygen masks who is old enough to remember those

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Man bites, dog!

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Animals on skate and or surf boards.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Don't watch cable news, do they still run ridiculous stories like "ARE YOUR CHILDREN GETTING DRUNK BY POURING VODKA INTO THEIR EYEBALLS??? WATCH OUT FOR THIS DANGEROUS TEEN TREND".

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
So much fakeness goin down
southside the realist

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Milo and POTUS posted:

They were lambasting him because he was black hth

I know. Now they just do it openly because they can get away with it. No need for dogwhistling anymore. Assholes can just be even more overt assholes now.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Bus plunge stories to fill tiny spaces in newspapers.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
I remember back when the worst thing you heard on the news was hijacked jetliners crashing into buildings

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf
i miss when things weren't clickbaity and insufferably polarized and full of enraging nonsense words like "bae" and "problematic"

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
have you been in a coma for 60 years or what

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

schmuckfeatures posted:

i miss when things weren't clickbaity and insufferably polarized and full of enraging nonsense words like "bae" and "problematic"

I find it quite stupid that, even in a "real" newspaper, an article about Public Figure X talking about Public Figure Y always has the headline "X slams Y!"

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I was featured on the front page of our city's local newspaper holding a Super Soaker 20. It was one of those "SUMMER IS WELL AND TRULY UNDERWAY, CITIZENS" articles.

They interviews my crazy bitch neighbor, who was quoted as calling Super Soakers "a menace". She also pined for days past when simple plastic squirt guns were the norm.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

~Coxy posted:

I find it quite stupid that, even in a "real" newspaper, an article about Public Figure X talking about Public Figure Y always has the headline "X slams Y!"
yeah

the first time I noticed some actual newspaper, chicago tribune or something, run a headline like "she was happy to house sit for them... until she saw the foot" I was really upset, because I knew it was the beginning of the end

I like a nice, boring "area woman discovers dead body while house sitting"

it's embarrassingly difficult to find news like that anymore, they all gotta tickle your balls

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
remember when a news organization would report about a person without fear of consequences and because they felt it was their duty? well that was like once in 1940 get with it kid

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Chrpno posted:

Down here one of the major networks plays a 2 hour news program called "All Australian News" where they put together every happy little rural or suburban story you'd normally see at the end of the regular news. So there's no politics, no violence or anger, just a constant stream of local fairs, award winners, school projects and funny pets. Might sound boring but it's calming and drably uplifting and it's the only news show I'll watch.

Are there people who complain about this? Like wow slow news day. Pointless puff pieces. So much for "journalism" these days.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
imagine if hunter s thompson hadn't died, what he'd make of this

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Idk he made the right choice imo

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I get depressed enough reading the trump lol thread ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
he suicided due to his own body not the political situation if that makes you feel any better