Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
A good idea for a thread!

I've been playing Derby Manager for a while. It's one of those online football/soccer manager games, but much better than all the others i've tried over the years. It moves at a quick pace (one match a day, season takes a month), there's no transfer sniping, it has decent depth, training is actually fun, stats, attributes and ratings all make sense, the community is tiny, but very friendly, and the dev is constantly improving the game and listening to suggestions. Also, it's completely free, with nothing to even spend real life money on.

At the start you take over one of the teams at the bottom division of any of 16 countries currently in the game. So there are no real life teams, but all the teams have city names, giving a surprisingly cohesive alternate reality feeling.

It started very recently and has been struggling to get players, but the ones who have found it seem to stick around. I'm playing in Italy, but there are a few more players in Belgium including the dev / his friends. The new season is starting in a few days, so this is the best time to jump in and give an honestly great underlooked webgame a boost: http://www.derbymanager.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU