Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
TW graphic post, *NOT* a graphic description of violence

Ugh I mean you probably already figured it out but just because my brother likes it when you guys ask questions I showed him the link. He said with guys like this what usually happens is all the dudes who want to gently caress him up will either agree on a place and time and go like 5v1, or they’ll swap stories and it’ll be really obvious that one of the inmates was themselves the victim of abuse and they usually get to “solo” the dude in question.

But yeah if you wrapped up a steak and some beers up with a couple Playboys and left it in the middle of the yard they would have a better chance of lasting a week than this guy if he doesn’t have a gang, and only Nazis will take pedos. This is one of the reasons the bloods hate Tekashi69 so much, he’s not just a snitch but his video made it look like all bloods gently caress kids and that’s not an image they want, so they are going extra hard on people who hurt kids these days.

What’s more likely is this particular inmate will bend over backwards to become an enforcer for a white supremacist gang for protection or throw themselves on the mercy of an awful CO for protection in exchange for sexual favors.

Yes, you read that correctly, there are extremely fat, old, gross lady COs who will trade protection for a good dick down from the inmates, yes even the pedophiles. Every CO is a disgusting perverted sociopath, down to a man/woman, and even for criminals so lowly that other murderers and rapists won’t associate with them.

He says this sort of CO happened at least once before in North Carolina. Basically a CO was smuggling in heroin for the inmates in exchange for sex. Then one day she gets pregnant, and to find out who the baby daddy was they had to test like 5-6 guys so she could GET THEM FOR CHILD SUPPORT, despite it being her condoms that she was providing. She was transferred to a different prison system and as far as my brother knows was never punished. Also three of the guys she was loving had syphilis and apparently she has been poking holes in the condoms to get herself pregnant and was passing on STDs to inmates during the process. Brother would like to reiterate that as a card carrying gang member from federal maximum security prison “There ARE good cops! Real men and woman who love their families and their neighbors and who really could have souls and morals. There are no good COs. If you ever see a CO smiling, it’s because they just discovered a new way to make someone’s life worse. If you have family or friends that are COs, distance yourself from them, because they are animals.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

wesleywillis posted:

I hope that after he dies, they just leave his carcass in the cell until the actual sentence is up. in 205 to 775 years.

Think maybe his remains will eventually get some time off for good behavior? I mean, most skeletons are pretty quiet and don't cause much trouble.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Groke posted:

Think maybe his remains will eventually get some time off for good behavior? I mean, most skeletons are pretty quiet and don't cause much trouble.

Can we just address the elephant in the room and confront the fact that without the muscles the skeletons are powerless to do anything, and yet we fully expect them to pay along with the rest of their flesh cage?

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Bust Rodd posted:

TW graphic post, *NOT* a graphic description of violence

Ugh I mean you probably already figured it out but just because my brother likes it when you guys ask questions I showed him the link. He said with guys like this what usually happens is all the dudes who want to gently caress him up will either agree on a place and time and go like 5v1, or they’ll swap stories and it’ll be really obvious that one of the inmates was themselves the victim of abuse and they usually get to “solo” the dude in question.

But yeah if you wrapped up a steak and some beers up with a couple Playboys and left it in the middle of the yard they would have a better chance of lasting a week than this guy if he doesn’t have a gang, and only Nazis will take pedos. This is one of the reasons the bloods hate Tekashi69 so much, he’s not just a snitch but his video made it look like all bloods gently caress kids and that’s not an image they want, so they are going extra hard on people who hurt kids these days.

What’s more likely is this particular inmate will bend over backwards to become an enforcer for a white supremacist gang for protection or throw themselves on the mercy of an awful CO for protection in exchange for sexual favors.

Yes, you read that correctly, there are extremely fat, old, gross lady COs who will trade protection for a good dick down from the inmates, yes even the pedophiles. Every CO is a disgusting perverted sociopath, down to a man/woman, and even for criminals so lowly that other murderers and rapists won’t associate with them.

He says this sort of CO happened at least once before in North Carolina. Basically a CO was smuggling in heroin for the inmates in exchange for sex. Then one day she gets pregnant, and to find out who the baby daddy was they had to test like 5-6 guys so she could GET THEM FOR CHILD SUPPORT, despite it being her condoms that she was providing. She was transferred to a different prison system and as far as my brother knows was never punished. Also three of the guys she was loving had syphilis and apparently she has been poking holes in the condoms to get herself pregnant and was passing on STDs to inmates during the process. Brother would like to reiterate that as a card carrying gang member from federal maximum security prison “There ARE good cops! Real men and woman who love their families and their neighbors and who really could have souls and morals. There are no good COs. If you ever see a CO smiling, it’s because they just discovered a new way to make someone’s life worse. If you have family or friends that are COs, distance yourself from them, because they are animals.”

Thanks for the response. This insight is really interesting to read.

I don't know if I've said this yet either but I'm glad your brother had a good environment to get to when he got out and supporting family around!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

wesleywillis posted:

I hope that after he dies, they just leave his carcass in the cell until the actual sentence is up. in 205 to 775 years.

That is a waste of a perfectly usable cell. The prison industrial complex will not let this stand!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Has your brother tried vaping? What does he think of it?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
He does dip, he always has a little spit bottle with him 100% of the time.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

He does dip, he always has a little spit bottle with him 100% of the time.

get him one of these

https://www.mudjug.com/

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Did you take my advice.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

So I've got 4 weirdly specific questions

1) Was there a lot of gambling going on? What kind of poo poo did you bet on if there was?
2) Could you get and keep decks of playing cards or dice?
3) What about notebooks and something to write with? Hell I'd even take a crayon.
4) If someone were to get these things and run a game of Dungeons and Dragons with them what are the odds other prisoners gently caress with them relentlessly for it?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

holy poo poo this owns

https://www.mudjug.com/products/trinity-mud-jug

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

PinheadSlim posted:

So I've got 4 weirdly specific questions

1) Was there a lot of gambling going on? What kind of poo poo did you bet on if there was?
2) Could you get and keep decks of playing cards or dice?
3) What about notebooks and something to write with? Hell I'd even take a crayon.
4) If someone were to get these things and run a game of Dungeons and Dragons with them what are the odds other prisoners gently caress with them relentlessly for it?

1) Cards, Dice, and Sports betting are happening 24/7

2) They know you’d just make your own cards so decks are allowed but can and will be stolen or taken away by COs. Dice are illegal but are simply carved out of soap and readily available.

3) Prisoners are allowed to hand write letters so unless you are literally Hannibal Lector you have access to paper and writing instruments.

4) Dungeons & Dragons happens pretty much every single day. They have the books mailed to them and they are considered sacred texts. My brother, a high ranking gang member, was super into Game of Thrones and The Sword of Truth, and in general nobody really teases anyone for being into fantasy escapism because life in prison is totally hell. Nobody is going to begrudge you your particular vice or escape. Brother says at his last placement it was the same 3-4 guys who played every day. Again all the dice is just made of soap and then dipped in lacquer or other laundry/kitchen chemicals to make them hard and shiny.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
For Dungeons & Dragons, is there a method on who gets to be the dungeon master? What happens if a character dies or there's a big dispute between player & DM? Are the inmates using premade modules for games or does the DM make one up?

This is an unexpected but delightful bit of information. Did your brother play D&D?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No he didn’t play but one of his gang members did. He only remembers that they took turns “telling the stories” so I assume they traded off being DM

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I imagine 'the characters have to escape from prison' are either very popular or very unpopular.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
bust i don't know if it was covered already and i missed it, but what kind of skills are useful to have in prison?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Bust Rodd posted:

2) They know you’d just make your own cards so decks are allowed but can and will be stolen or taken away by COs. Dice are illegal but are simply carved out of soap and readily available.
Why? Do they think they could be used as a weapon or something?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Mordja posted:

Why? Do they think they could be used as a weapon or something?

Puritanical holdover from the 50’s mainly but the idea is that dice can really only be used for gambling

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I'm glad you necro'ed this thread, OP, because I probably wouldn't have stumbled on it otherwise.

My experience is in no way compared to your brother's, but I spent some time in county (in the women's pod). Aside from not having any source of outside news except what was on the common room tv (if we even watched the news) and letters, what drove me insane was the complete lack of darkness. We had lights on 24/7 in the cells that we could control from "loving bright" to "not quite so loving bright". When your main source of entertainment is sleeping and dreaming, having the lights on all the time loving sucks.

When I got out, I was so looking forward to getting back in my own bed, with pillows (as opposed to folding up my laundry and stuffing them under my head), and the room being DARK. Turns out, even after a few months, it freaked me out. I woke up to pee the first night, and for a hot, half-asleep second thought I had gone blind. I had to sleep with a nightlight on for a while

I know crowds and doorknobs and such bother him, but how does he react to being in dark places?

I'm glad he's getting in a better place, and you are an awesome sibling for backing him up and helping him out. Also for help spreading the word about how much the correctional system in the US suuuuuuucks. Your post on why recidivism happens was really, really good. Thank you!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

bust i don't know if it was covered already and i missed it, but what kind of skills are useful to have in prison?

Just going on womens' jail: plucking eyebrows with a a piece of thread you managed to pull from your orange jumpsuit, being able to do a complete makeup job with Bic pens and Jolly Ranchers, and braiding hair. That was every Saturday night since visiting hours were Sunday morning and everyone had to look good for their SO.

Me, as a white nerdy chick with some artistic chops, I managed to make friends and trade for things like microwave popcorn because I drew birthday/holiday cards. I'd've done it for free because I was bored out of my mind and am generally a nice person, but yeah, if you wanna give me packet of Swiss Miss cocoa in exchange for your daughter's birthday card with a unicorn on it, I won't deny it.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Were there any known cops in the same prison at any time? If so, did people know why and were they treated different than other prisoners?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

How's your brother handling poo poo right now?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Corona Pandemic Update:

Big Brother came down with a case of Strep Throat this week. he works alone in a warehouse and my mom has been isolating within their condo.

He is honestly not remotely perturbed. He isn’t seeking testing or treatment because we have no healthcare, but he also doesn’t have any difficulty quarantining or self-isolating. A month or two of not going out? Literal Child’s play. He’s alive, were just hunkering down and hoping he gets better soon. He feels better than he did a few days ago and reports no respiratory issues.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Figured your brother wouldn't find social distancing difficult. Glad he's taking this seriously , as well as you & the rest of your family.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
What's his take on how prisons will handle this?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
He just shaking his head and says he is shedding tears for his family on the inside, as there is absolutely no way it won’t completely destroy the inside.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Yeah, the report of Rikers Island having confirmed COVID-19 cases is incredibly upsetting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."
Reading through all of this and knowing that your brother is doing fine makes me really happy!

Cheers!