Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Im thinking he might want to go back.

Yeah, make sure you keep him away from Youtube comments and Twitter, else he'll want to go back inside where there are fewer Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNUPn1rt3Ac

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Colonel Cancer posted:

I believe op mentioned that his brother became a white crip in a different thread.

The guy with the shamrock tatts?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Burt Sexual posted:

I find it odd that goons are asking/suggesting so much media poo poo.

Yeah. No disrespect to those of you giving suggestions, but the guy's spent 20 years locked in a small room with only a screen for entertainment and you're suggesting he stays in a room all day, watching boxed sets.

Personally, I'd teach him to use google maps, give him $100, a credit card and a phone and drop him off in the middle of the nearest city and tell him to call if he needs a ride home.

Cessna posted:

Good on you for taking care of your brother, OP.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
I'm guessing that you learned fairly early on not to boop your brother on the nose when he misbehaves.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok so my brother has been promoted to manager of the warehouse he works at. It’s basically 100% staffed by felons. After the first two days of working there and taking his cues from the other guys who worked there, he said the oldest and grimiest looking dude came up to him and they started talking and got along really well.

The old guy was in jail back in the 80’s and got out and then bought this warehouse and basically leases it out to giant big box stores all over the country, like Wal*Mart and Target etc.

Anyways he and my brother get along great and my bro is closer to him in age than all the 20-30 year olds so he basically told my bro “you work ten times harder than guys I’ve had here for 5 years, do you wanna run this poo poo?”

So now he’s working 8-12 hours a day 5 days a week plus some nights, but he’s getting mad overtime and very happy to be out from our mom’s hair.

His take on Social Media is pretty earnest. He Facebook friended all his old prison friends who got out, all his homies from Boston, and said his thank yous and sorries and caught up with some ladies. He doesn’t understand why dudes keep trying to friend him, so his friends list is like 90/10 chicks to dudes, so I think he’s catching on pretty quick. He doesn’t understand Twitter at all.

For Christmas we’re getting a tree, I’m pushing the family towards a cheap fake one. My plan is to buy him a nice basketball.

The holidays are weird because our dad died on NYE back in ‘98 so we’ve always used that as an excuse to irrationally intoxicates on Mew Years and go fullbore big girl tears... and holy hell can my brother drink. 2 years of prison hooch have made him basically immune to beer, so when the three of us brothers start to drink we get loving silly really fast. It’s gonna be a good holiday.

Really happy to hear that.

Lucky he had such a supportive family.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Zarin posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back here now - I would argue that Bust Rodd's brother was not rehabilitated by the prison system. Instead, I would say that his brother chose to become a better person in spite of the system.

Came here to post that exact sentiment.

Code Jockey posted:

Of course, as others have said, it helps a lot he has an amazing and supportive family to come home to. You're doing a really really good thing and please keep going with the stories, they're great.

And to wholeheartedly agree with this one.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

large_gourd posted:

what's an example of a thing like that?

Hopefully it's a tendancy to save cigarette butts and not shanking someone who cut in front of him at MacDonalds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

PhotoKirk posted:

Prison meals are neither good nor plentiful. I volunteer with a prison ministry and we bring in about $5,000 worth of food for a 3-day ministry weekend. Thats for 42 inmates, 30 volunteers and the officers that participate.

I smoke about 180 pounds of brisket for one of the meals. One guy who attended the weekend 4 years ago still hugs me when he sees me and talks about the brisket.

You're a good person. I like you.