Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sleeveless posted:

Rats get literally the opposite, which is one more reason why they're better than us.

Uh, sounds the same as humans dude.

A teen learning to drive and figuring it out in an empty lot is also gonna be stoked. It's when you must drive, for extended periods, with other people in cars crowding around you, that people get road rage.

I guarantee you change this setting such that there are many rats in cars, and the only way they can get to their food or their nest is by car, and they are getting in each other's way and jammed in traffic, and this happens day after day, those rats will rage the gently caress out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

TEACH THE RATS BUMPER CARS
NOW

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
i like the idea of a bunch of rats honking and beeping at each other trying to get to the food dispenser

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
substantially more research needs to be done on this subject, and as much of it as possible should be filmed

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Chomp8645 posted:

Uh, sounds the same as humans dude.

A teen learning to drive and figuring it out in an empty lot is also gonna be stoked. It's when you must drive, for extended periods, with other people in cars crowding around you, that people get road rage.

I guarantee you change this setting such that there are many rats in cars, and the only way they can get to their food or their nest is by car, and they are getting in each other's way and jammed in traffic, and this happens day after day, those rats will rage the gently caress out

teach the rat driving laws via positive reinforcement with cocaine as the reward and watch those rats never ever gently caress up a turn signal

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Why did this study only cover tiny cars?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Found the car chassis.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
How does it control the tiny car? Are there pedals?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

They step on copper wires and complete a circuit. They have learned to turn the car as well.

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

also fish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbNmL6hSNKw

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

pixaal posted:

They step on copper wires and complete a circuit. They have learned to turn the car as well.

this is specisism against rats they can use wheels just like us humans

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

It's described as a copper wire, so it sounded like a raw copper wire instead of anything a human would use.

They could make little peddles but this looks like a very poorly funded research.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

matrocious posted:

Valuable research. Wonder how much it cost.

It proves that being able ti drive makes everyone happy.

Thus, anti-car activists are enemies of human happiness

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Tom Gorman posted:

eatin trash and haulin rear end

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Put a hamster in one to see if it rolls it down an embankment.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
While human drivers are busy browsing instagram and Elon Musk's cars debate among themselves who to run over, we will disrupt the car market with rat-driven cars. For a safe and secure road.

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

Tony Snark posted:

Put a hamster in one to see if it rolls it down an embankment.

a hamster would just figure out how to re-route the exhaust into the cab and kill itself

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

matrocious posted:

Valuable research. Wonder how much it cost.

Its either the AI drones or the little rat cars delivering your stuff from Amazon.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
how long until the Rats are making all of the rules

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

R.L. Stine posted:

how long until the Rats are making all of the rules

They already control the senate.

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They already control the senate.

lol politics

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
move bitch get out the way

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
cheese, peas, or fees
nobody rides for free

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Feeling like a rat in a cage in another cage.

Despite my road rage I am still just a rat in a cage

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Stinky_Pete posted:

Pretty socially irresponsible message here imo

Well, unless they're about to teach the rats to get on a tiny bus

Wondered how long it’d be before the car ban brigade showed up

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Rats in a colony build cool little highways to resources, so I'm pretty sure we could build a Sim city map with rats

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Sneak peek at newest Waymo prototype and it's just a bunch of sleepy rats under the hood.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

quote:

Learning to drive seemed to relax the rats. The researchers assessed this by measuring levels of two hormones: corticosterone, a marker of stress, and dehydroepiandrosterone, which counteracts stress. The ratio of dehydroepiandrosterone to corticosterone in the rats’ faeces increased over the course of their driving training.

This finding echoes Lambert’s previous work showing that rats become less stressed after they master difficult tasks like digging up buried food. They may get the same kind of satisfaction as we get when we perfect a new skill, she says. “In humans, we call this self-efficacy or agency.”

In support of this idea, the team found that rats that drove themselves had higher dehydroepiandrosterone levels and were less stressed than rats that were driven around as passengers in remote-controlled cars.

FROM THE DAwn of time rats have loved the freedom of tooling around in little cars, but they never knew until humanity came along and made little cars for them. So that's one thing we got going for us.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Stinky_Pete posted:

Pretty socially irresponsible message here imo

Well, unless they're about to teach the rats to get on a tiny bus

It's okay, they are electric cars.

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if i woke up to find my car was full of rats you can bet i'd be calling pest control, pronto

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
just viral marketing, smdh

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Give them little horns please

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Give them little horns please

They'll just beep them nonstop and their anxiety will be so low. Which is to say, I agree. Please do it, scientists.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
This makes sense because sometimes I just get in my car and drive on quiet back roads and look at trees and houses

Also it is adorable and I love it

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Quick, somebody tell Gary Newman

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

BexGu posted:

Its either the AI drones or the little rat cars delivering your stuff from Amazon.

think big, not small

rats driving the flying drones

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Despite all my road-rage I am still just a rat in a cage

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Motorized rats will be unstoppable, and I would welcome our new overlords.

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
Rats vs Intelligent Blob who would win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Rats can eat the blob and integrate it into their bodies and/or cars