Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

The winning combination of votes for the future days were cold for the second day and bandits for the third, with a tie for the fourth day, so we'll be doing the fuel run again. I'll change those settings on the back end after wrapping up this day. As for how to secure ourselves, I'll take your advice to seal up the windows with plastic netting and duct tape and trying to use towels and duct tape to patch our suit's holes, or stuff them under the doors if not possible.

Inside

First, let's replace that air filter in our hazard suit.

I've replaced the air filter.

A hazard suit (4 kg). Upon closer inspection the suit turns out to have a big hole. At least the air filter has been replaced.

Next, can we use duct tape on the suit in the same way to cover those holes? Using the towels on the suit did nothing.

I've covered the hole with some duct tape.

A hazard suit (4 kg). With the air filter replaced and the hole fixed with some duct tape, this suit might be able to help me.

I'm surprised the duct tape alone was enough for the game to count this. Maybe the towels can be used on the doors like Bregor said? The suit also has a couple of duct tape bands around the left arm and leg now.

03:53 pm: All the doors to the house are closed and the openings have been sealed with towels. Will this be enough?

I'll be damned, good call on that idea! I wouldn't have thought of it myself. Now, for the windows. Time for protective plastic.

04:13 pm: I installed plastic wrap in one of the windows. Can I improve my chances somehow?

04:33 pm: I installed plastic wrap in some of the windows.

04:53 pm: I installed plastic wrap in all of the windows.

Excellent. The window sealing looks more or less air-tight, we've got the anti-toxin spray automated and ready to go, and our hazard suit is as safe as it can get. Time to hunker down on the ground floor and wait out the lighter-than-air poison gas.

We can't forget to wear our hazard suit, or we'll probably die from trace amounts of the poison gas! Let's go, David, save yourself. You're a survivor.

Long Nights

You found a hiding place in an abandoned farmhouse...

Despite being old and faulty, the sprinklers worked perfectly, fully covering the air above the fields with a dense mist. The water acted as a natural wall, stopping 16% of the gas. There was a strong neutralizer mixed with the water, and it seemed to be working... The neutralizing solution stopped 24% of the initial cloud.

That window stopped 8% of the incoming gas cloud.

That window stopped 8% of the incoming gas cloud.

That window stopped 8% of the incoming gas cloud. The deadly gas was inside... 20% of the initial cloud penetrated the hideout.

Hah! Were you expecting anything less than David acing this challenge?

Another Sunrise

You went to bed early and had a well-deserved rest, allowing you to regain some strength. [+5 kg permanent carry weight bonus]

Y'all know what's coming. Cate's going to crash into the building with her sick piloting abilities, so I won't show that bit of comedy again. Instead, what I'll do for future updates is show any serious dialogue changes for this dual-disk run, as well as the unfortunate demise of our companions.

However, there is one matter to settle here, and I'll ask for your goon votes next time. It has to do with how, exactly, one of our companions bites the dust on the second night, or exploring the Sidereal complex on the third day... I hope you haven't gotten too attached to our friends, because they're not going to survive this cycle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

There is an incredible scene that occurs if you let barry die to improper day 3 preparations when the hazard is rain, but as-is:

1. Nobody dies on day 2
2. Barry dies on day 3 sidereal
3. Cody should die to improper night 3 prep

Night 2 deaths are not very interesting AND are keyed to which hazard you have, so there wouldn't be much of a vote there.