Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

pwn posted:

Wait til you find out this song she has

This makes me madder than having a man's hand up my butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Push El Burrito posted:

This makes me madder than having a man's hand up my butt.

Chippy, you okay with this?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun episode! Musical guest I never heard.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Guys, I'm beginning to think Ryan Reynolds didn't just show up in the audience to watch the show. I think he was a plant.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I’d like to think he was in the audience, just for the image of him calling his ex-wife’s new husband to hook him up with tickets.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Push El Burrito posted:

Guys, I'm beginning to think Ryan Reynolds didn't just show up in the audience to watch the show. I think he was a plant.

But he knows the owner!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I’d like to think he was in the audience, just for the image of him calling his ex-wife’s new husband to hook him up with tickets.

if i were ryan reynolds, the first time i ever met colin jost (or the first time i saw him after the marriage, i dunno when they met) i would look him up and down, nod my head and go, "yup, she traded down" and walk away

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
That was one of the better episodes of the few seasons and by far the best of this season so far. The cold open was a mess and the monologue I don’t think hit the way they were hoping but from there everything was pretty good.

The debate sketch was by far the best they have done. I am not sure who wrote it but it felt very different than the last several and was actually funny.

The pretapes were great. I particularly liked the house party skit. I always love stuff that goes dark at the end.

King Princess was not great. I am not sure why SNL keeps putting the vocals so far back in the mix recently but it was very obvious again tonight. Audio issues aside those songs were not very good. Before the first song they showed her strumming her guitar and having some personality that basically left the room once they started playing. The song was long and boring with too many backing tracks overshadowing her vocals which could have saved the performance if you could have actually heard her.

The second was at least more upbeat but the entire song was again marred by a ton of backing vocal tracks along with her doing whatever “rocking out” weird dance/movement thing she had going on which she again seemed awkward the entire performance.

If you are a relatively unknown musician and are given a massive opportunity like SNL you should be going all out to make an impression. While I wasn’t a fan of her music at least Camila Cabello tried to do that. This seemed like someone playing at an open mic on a Tuesday night in front of five people.

I was surprised that Will didn’t bring back any of his characters as well as no Five Timers club. Also Update seemed incredibly short this week in which they should have had a TON of material.

On the plus side Melissa was all over the episode for a change which was nice to see. Also I am not sure who the writer is that is getting all the sex stuff on but it has been noticeable especially since SNL has never traditionally used sexual things in the manner that has been done so far this season.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Three cut sketches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83Tnl0abp-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRz2puBFBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve1kmdHTY24

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

These all should have been kept in??? :confused:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
The cast list sketch was my favorite.

The native sketch was bad and tone deaf. SNL isn’t clever enough to hang a lampshade on racism.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Push El Burrito posted:

Keeping tabs on his Eskimo brother Colin.

Sorry, Inuit brother.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Mexico date sketch is literally a plot line from 90 Day Fiancé. Comedy writers tend to watch a ton of reality shows (which is why there was a big glut of parodies of the genre for a few years) and obviously saw Caesar’s stupid life.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
There was a period of time where Che was posting Instagram stories about Caesar and 90 day fiancé. I wonder how long he’s been pitching it.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Another cut from this week's show! That's four, now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmfxNrdeGeM

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

All the cut sketches were great this week, next time Will Ferrel hosts just add an extra half hour onto the show.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Or just cut all the unnecessary cameo sketches and leave the actual comedy in.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

rodbeard posted:

Or just cut all the unnecessary cameo sketches and leave the actual comedy in.

I'd normally agree, but I thought the debate sketch was pretty dang good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
the time for new thread is now