Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
...He's gonna assume Iruma and Silva want permission to date.

E: New Chapter on previous page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011

ThingOne posted:

340: Before Anyone Else
I love that Dali and Suzy judge how good their videos are based on how much they piss off Kaligo

I really love this chapter. Iruma used to be the character that would put himself at risk all the time, so seeing him talk down Silvia from making a rash decision without talking to her family is really sweet. I am also guessing Silvia will be fine because she understands the character of Galna, and that will be how they are able to use the picture, by making demons learn about who she is before they see the painting.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

wokow6 posted:

...He's gonna assume Iruma and Silva want permission to date.

E: New Chapter on previous page.

Honestly I think they've got this thing on lock.

Staring into the maw of madness for the sake of passion is wicked cool.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

all the bits of foreshadowing in this are really good, like Alice recognizing the bartender and what is almost certainly Amerie meeting Iruma before he joined up with the mafia, and probably having a misunderstanding that they did something bad to him

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

https://www.nhk.or.jp/school/anipara/detail18_real01.html#ttl
The NHK's going to show a five-minute Iruma-kun short this Friday to promote the Paralympics. It'll be on their website afterwards so hopefully somebody subtitles it.
https://www.nhk.or.jp/school/anipara/detail18_voice01.html

They also included an interview with Nishi where she explains what she means when she calls Iruma "greedy".

Nishi posted:

I heard that one of the themes of ``Iruma-kun'' is ``greed.''

Nishi: Ultimately, I don't think people need to do anything. I think you'll be fine as long as you eat, sleep, and just stay alive, but when it comes to what to do with your time in life, what drives you the most? I think it's "greed". I've always thought that it's important to face your feelings about what you should do, what you like, and what you want to obtain. The theme is, ``If I'm going to live anyway, I should do what I love to the fullest.''
I'm using Google Translate so it might not be completely accurate.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The manga chiefly being an argument for ethical hedonism seems about right. Fits well with the current arc, too.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://mangadex.org/chapter/eea8996a-5564-4662-aa8e-cd60ad59bd72/1

No real surprises but still another great chapter.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

A dumber manga would've tried to milk that misunderstanding way longer, but Iruma already has enough people in his "harem"

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

A dumber manga would've tried to milk that misunderstanding way longer, but Iruma already has enough people in his "harem"

The fact that characters will actually talk things out like normal people is one of my favorite parts of Iruma-kun.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Chapter dropped! https://mangadex.org/chapter/1a81f241-c39b-4fc4-b855-ae5ddff03846

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I wonder if beyond Sylvia being a massive fan of Beem and maybe on the cusp of some flavor of returning to origin; is her immunity to the harmful effects of the painting is related to the Sabnock bloodline? We know from Sabro's wicked phase that weapons he created turn black and convert inflicted pain into pleasure for him. While not exactly the same, I can't help but draw a parallel between this and that.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

I wonder if beyond Sylvia being a massive fan of Beem and maybe on the cusp of some flavor of returning to origin; is her immunity to the harmful effects of the painting is related to the Sabnock bloodline? We know from Sabro's wicked phase that weapons he created turn black and convert inflicted pain into pleasure for him. While not exactly the same, I can't help but draw a parallel between this and that.

My guess is- because she was involved with all of Galna's details while Beem was workshopping it, it didn't affect her like it did the teachers. Knowing everything about Galna might give her a feeling of first meeting an old friend if that makes any sense. It's both new and not surprising.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I was figuring that she had already seen Beem's work without going full on bonkers and was a big fan would be a factor, too.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
But yeah, the Sabnock bloodline lending her a hand doesn't seem completely implausible. It's tailor-made for dangerous and painful creative pursuits, and her proving that her family have the talent to excel in other art-forms than blacksmithing would be an excellent validation of their faith in her.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Chapter 343: Don't Let Go
drat, the transition from Sylvia's hair going a little black from her wicked phase, to pulling back to show the rest is smeared with paint along with those RtO eyes. Masterful visuals as always. :discourse:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Chapter 343: Don't Let Go
drat, the transition from Sylvia's hair going a little black from her wicked phase, to pulling back to show the rest is smeared with paint along with those RtO eyes. Masterful visuals as always. :discourse:

Oh that is such a good chapter.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

All this for a haunted house lol. I'd been thinking the demon world had lost a bit of its edge lately so this arc has been a lot of fun.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
And I have no idea what form this final work is even going to take. Dammit future, hurry up and get here already.

A giant partial portrait of her, to give the illusion that she's been huge and using the haunted house as a toy the entire time, but it's only the parts that would be visible through the windows, so like two fingers, a corner of her smile, and one rosy eye?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://mangadex.org/chapter/3b8b62eb-804d-447c-a787-41e17f3677a1/1

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh, so that wasn't paint. Silvia is just... half? evil-cycle? right now.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
Poor Lead is about to have a horrible, scary time, isn't he? The anticipation is killing me, I can't wait to see everything. Also a great group shot of evil faces. Feels like Iruma is really embracing his demonic nature.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Iruma looking as devilish as the others in the huddle shows he's becoming a proper demon just as much as his humanity rubs off on others around him.

Glazius posted:

Huh, so that wasn't paint. Silvia is just... half? evil-cycle? right now.

That threw me off as well because the previous chapter had only a couple tufts of hair that were colored in the Sabnock evil cycle manner, the rest were clearly splotches of paint.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Lead gonna die... of fright

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
New Chapter of Mafia Iruma-Kun dropped!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/9f4f82b1-381b-4deb-90df-bda61b510eb9

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

:hmmyes:

I like this spin on Amelie like all of the others. But making them childhood friends is like the cherry on top for the whole thing.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

:hmmyes:

I like this spin on Amelie like all of the others. But making them childhood friends is like the cherry on top for the whole thing.

Yeah, its an excellent take on it, doing the whole reverse prince/princess take and childhood friends. I also like who they are short-circuiting the whole relationship where she's already clearly fallen for him, so starting off on a date versus the slow burn like the original

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
I think what I really like about this series is it isnt just the original series again with the word demon replaced with mafia. Characters have the same core personality but we get to see how different circumstances in life change their goals and motivations. Like how Alice is a zealot for Iruma after one encounter in the original series but in this one he is dealing with an internal conflict of not wanting to trust Iruma but being won over regardless.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ch. 345 - Three Carefree Guests

Shax Lied Have Nonzero Luck In Love Challenge (difficulty: impossible)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Glazius posted:

His bros are just jealous.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Glazius posted:

Please give her an arc soon Nishi. She and Allocer desperately need their own thing.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Please give her an arc soon Nishi. She and Allocer desperately need their own thing.

Allocer's got something new going on. There was that quip of Purson going "man, who doesn't want a girl chasing you" and then getting immediately disproven by Caim getting violently ejected from the succubus battra in the manner of his people and Allocer getting husband hunted by someone I don't recognize.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I did appreciate Sabro spending more time with his children.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Glazius posted:

Allocer's got something new going on. There was that quip of Purson going "man, who doesn't want a girl chasing you" and then getting immediately disproven by Caim getting violently ejected from the succubus battra in the manner of his people and Allocer getting husband hunted by someone I don't recognize.

That would be the first year that was in Allocer's group during the Heartbreaker arc. She had the bloodline trait that lets her survey her surroundings and their partner was the bird demon who could swallow things for storage. She's obsessed with marrying a strong demon so that's why she's chasing that one teacher who helped save them, and Allocer. Allocer himself is supposedly dating the niece or granddaughter of one of the teachers as well. So I hope that the 1st year can dredge that plot thread out from the background.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Non-spoilerly, yes, it'd be wonderful for Elizabetta and Allocer to get some spotlight time. They're the two members of the Misfits class who it's not really clear why they're even in the class in the first place. Like, you could guess Allocer maybe deduced his way into the forbidden portions of the library, or Elizabetta maybe escalated something into a big confrontation, but there's so much yet to know about them.

I suppose it'll happen when it's time. One of the strengths of this series is that it's notionally following Iruma but at any moment the camera could just dip off and follow someone else and it wouldn't be any less interesting. Heck, it's even got its own Lower Decks equivalent.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Here for spooky Clara.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ch. 346 - Opening Day

Welcome to the cursed Moebius Art Museum!

Impaling your mascot on the roof sure is a mood.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fantastic outfits

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP Iruma kun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty