Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm wrong!

New chapter! Hot off the scanalators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
An Archer's value

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Iruma is a good friend.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Elfface posted:

Iruma is a good friend.

So is azz-azz.

Maybe the most hype chapter in the entire goddamn series holy poo poo???

I was like "hell yeah, hell yeah, OH gently caress OH poo poo OH HELL YESSSS" as the chapter went on

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Captain Invictus posted:

So is azz-azz.

I was like "hell yeah, hell yeah, OH gently caress OH poo poo OH HELL YESSSS" as the chapter went on

hell yeah!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Captain Invictus posted:

So is azz-azz.

I love watching the Misfits rally together to defeat someone who's hosed with them. It's very cathartic.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The end of the Harvest Festival

Title isn't quite accurate

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Picked this up a couple days ago and while I'm slowly making my way through it I can't help but marvel at how well all the good moments have landed.

Had me spook my roommate because I wasn't expecting such a masterful performance by our intrepid trio. Iruma is a good boy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ALLOCER IS SUCH A BRO

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
In the Goetia, Allocer is one of the demons that will be loyal to the summoner and will not try to backstab them.

He teaches astronomy and liberal arts, as well as giving good familiars.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The Legendary Leaf

Also, more foreshadowing!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Well that was certainly something

I have no idea how Iruma handles this moment as should anyone believe what he says his life is going to get a lot more interesting very quickly.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Hunt11 posted:

Well that was certainly something

I have no idea how Iruma handles this moment as should anyone believe what he says his life is going to get a lot more interesting very quickly.

I fully believe that grandpa would know exactly what's going on, and yes would absolutely make things even more interesting.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Comedy answer: "Oh, that happens to everyone who becomes the Young King, something a previous Demon King set up as a prank."

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

ALLOCER IS SUCH A BRO

Just caught up with Misfit scans translations and I agree wholeheartedly. Shame the story slept on Allocer for this long because even when he helped befriend the intellectual teacher a while back he had an interesting design and expertise. This series really knows how to leverage it's side cast and I think the harvest festival is where the story hit it's stride for me. Walked in thinking it was going to be some flavor of Hunter's Exam/Chuunin exam. Got a tower defense battle instead which was just :allears: utterly amazing. Iruma coming to the rescue of Clara right when that "trauma" spell was kicking in. Alice just continuing to be the alpha Bro himself.

And this right here

This is the only ship in the harbor but it's sailing smoothly.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The Winner

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

major "points for Gryffindor" vibes at the end there even though it was a bait and switch

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Rubellavator posted:

major "points for Gryffindor" vibes at the end there even though it was a bait and switch
It feels more like:
Dumbledore: The dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students, except for detention where you will be forced to wander around when it's darkest and scariest. Doesn't that make so much sense. I'm so good at rules. Ten points to Dumbledore.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

CrazySalamander posted:

It feels more like:
Dumbledore: The dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students, except for detention where you will be forced to wander around when it's darkest and scariest. Doesn't that make so much sense. I'm so good at rules. Ten points to Dumbledore.

Is that a Background Slytherin thing? It sounds like it would have been a Background Slytherin comic.

Anyway, imagine how well Iruma would have done if he hadn't eaten his first day's haul!

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Rubellavator posted:

yeah but gently caress orobas

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

HerraS posted:

yeah but gently caress orobas

:same: but also that smug guy manipulating Orobas

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

Is that a Background Slytherin thing? It sounds like it would have been a Background Slytherin comic.

Anyway, imagine how well Iruma would have done if he hadn't eaten his first day's haul!

You know I'd swear it was because I wanted to link it instead and could see it in my head, but I cannot find that specific comic anywhere, only screenshotted reddit text of that Dumbledore "quote".

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Conditions to Bloom

Praise

Mysteries upon mysteries.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Welcome home

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

We've all been there before.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Iruma sitting on a throne hugging his friends is a preview of how the whole series ends.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

This series is way too wholesome

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

God I want everything of this to get animated

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

That whole chapter was so drat sweet.

Also Iruma on the throne with his husband and wife.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

ending of the series is just iruma marrying the entire demon world

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Dear Friends

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

those faces, just, d'aww :3:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
There's so much :smug: from Asmodeus; I love it.

limeicebreakers posted:

those faces, just, d'aww :3:
This series just nails the friendships everyone has but these 3 are perfect for each other.

I also forgot to mention a couple chapters back, but I like that we had the formal demon greeting used again because it's a neat little detail.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Exposure

Well that answers one question, and raised a few more

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Nemo2342 posted:

Exposure

Well that answers one question, and raised a few more

You sure were

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
https://mangadex.org/chapter/989758

Now that the tournament arc is over, we must be reminded who best girl and best butler are. :3:

omg Ameli lifting Iruma onto the table so they can talk face to face. :kimchi:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 10, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm actually rather surprised Iruma is terrible at cooking. I guess, given his survivalist nature, he wasn't in a position to ever have the luxury of preparing any food or ingredients he got properly other than the most basic minimum of making them edible.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
Kinda makes sense with how he inhales anything and everything on his plate, too (aside from being a cute visual gag).

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's definitely a shounen logic kind of thing, like the ever-popular "overtraining to the point of near death makes you super strong super fast."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm actually rather surprised Iruma is terrible at cooking. I guess, given his survivalist nature, he wasn't in a position to ever have the luxury of preparing any food or ingredients he got properly other than the most basic minimum of making them edible.

I was a little confused as well since the harvest festival had him and Lied making stew with no real problems and nothing indicated the taste was off. But again, maybe it's just his ability to forage mixed with the demon world botany that he's recently learned. Cooking by the book is still a different skill. And Amelie having to boost him is just adorable, their children are going to split the difference and be Alice's height.