Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Mangadex lists 263 so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Electric Phantasm posted:

No it's not normal and looking at the chapters ahead they all seem to be in the middle of arcs so it feels pointless to read them right now, but apparently this is someone trolling? Weird way to stir up poo poo.

Anyway anyone know how many chapters Japan has?

There's a guy who gets off on making people mad by translating the most recent chapter of a series that is only like 20% translated. You can now block scanlation groups on mangadex so go ahead and nail that idiot with it so you don't see his chapters.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

This show reminds me of Konosuba in how its just simple dumb jokes but by god does it nail them. That summoning ritual had me in tears. I need to catch up on this.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Today's episode was cute. The interactions between all the characters are what really makes this show for me.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Clara's obsession with husbands cheating on their wives is something else

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
She learned all about romance from soap operas, I believe.

Or I'm getting her confused with someone else, but it's a very Clara move to steal backgrounds from other genki-girl characters, so I declare it canon.

Anyway, it's good that Iruma's short girlfriend gets along well with his tall girlfriend, and tall boyfriends.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Today's episode was cute. The interactions between all the characters are what really makes this show for me.

Our protagonist reacting to the tough-as-nails tomboy's ~secret ultra-girly hobby~ by going 'oh, hey, neat, I love that stuff' and spending the entire day geeking out about it with her was definitely the most wholesome way that hoary old trope could have played out.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Ameri confirmed for best girl, her will is iron and her heart is pure.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

Ameri confirmed for best girl, her will is iron and her heart is pure.

Everyone in this show is adorable, Ameri is just more so than the others.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is outrageous

clara is not allowed to be drawn this well, ever

edit: oh right, new chapter

chumbler posted:

Everyone in this show is adorable, Ameri is just more so than the others.
boy you have no idea

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Nov 17, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is the quality of clara I expect from iruma-kun

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Here comes the

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I enjoyed today's episode. As someone who was relentlessly awkward in high school, I related to Clara more than a bit.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

While I did want more Ameri being a maiden, holy moly that was a god tier episode. Or is it devil tier episode?

It was amazing :swoon:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Clara's family is amazing.

I love her mom's puffy hair.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I was not expecting the mid-episode musical number. What a charming show.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That family! That song! :3:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh my god Clara's family is just as cute as she is :kimchi:

Also Sabro is the meijin from build fighters which explains why he can ham it up so well

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sindai posted:

That family! That song! :3:

Btw, if you look closely at the bedroom earlier, there was one person who wasn't included in the musical number

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Presumably the same person we met in the most recent translated comic, which in a bit of synchronicity also showed us Clara's family again.

And 10% Clara is powerful! Show me another demon capable of quintupling their Sexyness Power in just one training montage!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Cursed...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The cute tutorial board is my favorite running joke.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I loved how they spent that entire training montage on catching the ball, but none on throwing it back.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sabnock is the secret best character.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Show continues to deliver the laughs and good feelings. :3:

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

This show has ended up being one of the few I don't mind watching the intro every week. Man is it catchy.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

Sabnock is the secret best character.

Several episodes later this is still true.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They can get away with barely animating clara and it just makes it funnier

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The author gets away with barely drawing her in the manga so they're just staying accurate to the original

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I didn't realise this was getting a 2nd cour, I went into the most recent episode thinking it would be the last.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's hosed up that there are episodes of this show that are not purely Iruma and Ameri on dates.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Starsnostars posted:

I didn't realise this was getting a 2nd cour, I went into the most recent episode thinking it would be the last.

I mean, it was episode 14, so we're already well past that territory.

chumbler posted:

It's hosed up that there are episodes of this show that are not purely Iruma and Ameri on dates.

I mean, Clara's fun, and I get that she's presented as the main female lead, but these two dumb kids have way too much chemistry together.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I like Clara but yeah, the way Ameri acts around Iruma is just adorable.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sing Along posted:

this seemed like the trashiest concept but it's really full of heart

The trashy version of this already exists as Rosario + Vampire.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

The trashy version of this already exists as Rosario + Vampire.

I never fully read it, but I do remember it having a decently interesting twist on the main heroine.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

I think it helps that they just get each other. She figured out he was human in about thirty seconds, and they spend literal hours on end geeking out over the same interests and hobbies. They feel like they're only months away from running off and founding a florist shop together.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Clara is better with Asmodeus or Sabnock. One's her reluctant playmate/partner in Iruma Love, the other is her jungle gym. Also Clara and Sabnock's ability would seem like it'd mesh really well.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

chumbler posted:

I never fully read it, but I do remember it having a decently interesting twist on the main heroine.

Rosario + Vampire isn't that bad or anything, but it's definitely more of a straight harem + action thing (more the former earlier that goes heavily into the latter later). Its premise is that a human boy goes to demon school and his harem consists of various monsters (main love interest is a vampire and there was also a succubus, snow woman, and witch that I recall). Said boy gets turned into a ghoul at some point, which is how he gets tied into the action aspects of the series.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Opera playing video games with just his tail was kinda adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Kwyndig posted:

This is Asmodeus erasure.