Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new chapter(s)

Agares is a bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fatal damage as always
Agares pouting while Gaap says what he really is feeling is fun. I do like that the story continues to flex the cast of characters by not only utilizing the misfits, but also Zepar's family now.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Sanity or Madness
So is Zoui advocating a return to origin here? It would be fitting that the whole family does lean into their demon nature harder than others

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
all demons have adhd

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
they jus like me frfr

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Captain Invictus posted:

all demons have adhd

And autism.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
New chapter of the Mafia spinoff dropped:

https://mangadex.org/title/ea47525d-99df-45b5-9103-dd853f49f8c3/mairimashita-iruma-kun-if-episode-of-mafia

God the art is so good for it, and they are really doing a great job adapting the story:

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
hiroja is killing it. the payoff for Alice's arc is gonna be amazing I can feel it

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Also, Accomplices.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like that Beem's "chibi" form looks like a fry guy with grimace proportions

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

The Mafia spin off has been really fun. It's neat to get Opera (with a sick delinquent look) as a more major character, and all the reimagined characters work really well in this new framework, Alice and Clara especially are great. The evil jester look for Clara is just so good.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I love the normal manga to pieces and am completely happy with how it's going, but I would be lying if I didn't say that I'm honestly even more excited for new spinoff chapters because it's just that good.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

337: Premonition

Well that's ominous.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I love seeing these goofballs do a normal high school activity except it's got demon powers in so now I'm amped up to see whatever the hell this omega-grade haunted house winds up being.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Beem's demanding of cake is just like me. :hai:

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Tiny Beem is so good

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
A Muddy Stream Aflame
Beem really did cotton up to Silvia, and who can blame them? Beem has hit a realization in this and shielding Silvia's eyes was very responsible. I'm not sure exactly what direction this exhibit is going in but I'm betting on Beem tasking Silvia with creating the centerpiece for the haunted house now since they are unable to make art that won't put people in the hospital at best.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Maybe this is viably Wicked Phase levels of stress. Silvia going to lose it, just a little.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Didn't realize how good a Silvia arc could be but it's great. And yeah I think they're gonna try to get around it by her making it for the haunted house, but Beem is gonna find a way to display his piece anyways because we can't have a festival like this without something to throw it into chaos

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Iruma, Silvia, and Beem are gonna befriend the girl From the Ring

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Didn't realize how good a Silvia arc could be but it's great. And yeah I think they're gonna try to get around it by her making it for the haunted house, but Beem is gonna find a way to display his piece anyways because we can't have a festival like this without something to throw it into chaos
Based on my impression of this chapter; if anyone were to try and display Beem's painting in opposition of the teachers it will be Sylvia herself.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Alternatively Silvia invents cosplay and becomes Beem's painting.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I can imagine that actually. Recreate the Ring except instead of a television screen it's a picture frame and Silvia emerges from behind it as if pushing through a canvas.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

beem secretly stuck capsicum spray in a humidifier and now everyone thinks there's something evil about his paintings because their eyes hurt

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Chapter 339: A Creator's Cry

This is not the scariest thing in the world.
This is just a tribute.
We couldn't show you the scariest thing in the world,
so this is just a tribute.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Um...Silvia's eyes are starting to do that return to origins thing right?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
rad as hell spread this week, too.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

rad as hell spread this week, too.

Gluttony
Lust
Good Boy
Wrath
Pride
Envy
Sloth

e: Oh, the text is in two colors which is why it looked off. I'm standing by my post though.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Mar 7, 2024

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

Um...Silvia's eyes are starting to do that return to origins thing right?

Yeah. Be an interesting wrinkle in Baal's whole thing if Return to Origin isnt inherently negative. Like this is driven by love and friendship.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

Yeah. Be an interesting wrinkle in Baal's whole thing if Return to Origin isnt inherently negative. Like this is driven by love and friendship.

I was thinking the same thing. Evil cycle seems to translate to a complete lack of inhibitions but this still doesn't mean any given demon will be inherently destructive in their pursuit of their passions. Gyari for instance is another demon I think we've seen the RTO eyes from, but the extend of her actions is being really obsessed with Crocel specifically and she tries to become the greatest idol in order to receive that affection back. Yeah she's a bit of a womanizer as well but that's not necessarily a bad thing going by demon standards. Iruma's imitated evil cycle is another example of this, he becomes very direct but never does anything truly "evil" and still has his quirks like not being able to say no to requests for help during the scramble to secure Royal One. This isn't anything like Kirio or Atori who have no qualms about hurting or even killing others.

Poro sits somewhere in the middle here. He was highlighted in the chapter when RTO got name dropped and that was when he decided to join Baal's side. But even doing so he wasn't willing to attack Sullivan during the heartbreaker event. I think this wasn't just because of their friendship but also because the fight would have put the school he attended with Delkira in jeopardy. Poro is very aware that what he's doing in helping Baal would create the world that Delkira helped establish, but his desire to see him again is causing Poro to push along that path regardless. So as usual the power of love is a terrible thing at times.

Silvia here is potentially asking to be subjected to a nightmare inducing portrait and I'm not 100% certain she would get off lightly even if she is a super fan of Beem. I do hope that Beem doesn't show Silvia the picture and instead just describes it to her as both collaborate and the end result is a different "person" born from the painting. I don't want my girl to get mentally scarred just because she's super zealous right now.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Beem drew a human, calling it. None of the misfits are going to be affected by it because of their proximity to Iruma.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think we shouldn't underestimate our budding genius demon artist, either. I'm not as convinced as Beem that an appreciator of refined horror art like Sylvia can't handle an evil painting melting her brain.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

its the goatman

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this manga isn't meanspirited enough to make sylvia's overwhelming passion for art betray her.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

this manga isn't meanspirited enough to make sylvia's overwhelming passion for art betray her.

Comedic, positive or even escalating (e.g. she made too good a copy) unintended consequences maybe, but not undermining her or diminishing her.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
No translated chapter yet, but Mafia Ameri is here

EDIT: Chapter just dropped: https://mangadex.org/title/ea47525d-99df-45b5-9103-dd853f49f8c3/mairimashita-iruma-kun-if-episode-of-mafia

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 12, 2024

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CommieGIR posted:

No translated chapter yet, but Mafia Ameri is here

Ameria remains big and powerful.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Double post but the new AU chapter is here. https://mangadex.org/chapter/ed1d021d-09e2-4f0d-bc40-10bba921f72e/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

340: Before Anyone Else
I love that Dali and Suzy judge how good their videos are based on how much they piss off Kaligo