Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Captain Invictus posted:

So let's theorize what will happen with shiina. Nothing? Perfect poker face and is the most evil ever? Manchurian candidate? Will turn on the baddies due to the goodness of iruma? The last one seems likely based on her actions so far but also is way too cliche a direction to take so I don't think they will.

I'll put a chip on "actually with Baal because her return to origins is a strong protective streak and doesn't want to get rank-pulled to warfight again". Also plays into the sideline to return Delkira, the demon king who desired peace so strongly they 1v1d an entire war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

amigolupus posted:

Nothing in the rulebook says that just because you can't go out and recruit first-years, the first years can't come to your Batra themselves.

Yeah, Iruma got into his during the free period after the hunts died down. Not like Amy was going to come out swinging.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Eligos seems like such a strong fit for this battra, it's kind of a wonder he didn't try it out before. We might get an explanation at some point but I'm guessing it's a combination of too much simping for Ameri on his part and the battra actually being a Six Fingers black op and therefore uninterested in actual magical tool enthusiasts.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, if Iruma can't make demon king, he could always go into the food critic business. Being able to eat the entire menu no matter where you go is very time-efficient.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Amy's been sitting on that "Iruma is human" revelation since the harvest festival and practicing his best slasher smile in a mirrored room full of fancily-dressed mannequins. poo poo's definitely going down.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Xelkelvos posted:

We might also get to see that bloodline ability he's so hesitant on using.

For some reason I'm thinking it's a combat hair thing. He's been kind of particular about hair accessories on-panel before, which may just be his general vanity, but it's exactly the kind of thing his mom would use all the time and he'd think was kind of undignified.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Brought To You By posted:

The other thing of note is that Fenrir is anti magical creatures and anti Demon Gods. Both entities native to this world and the latter the ones who elevated demons to their current stature. Which could coincide with Baal's research and likely demon altering experiments. Atori is a spider creature which isn't a real thing, and in Baal's research chamber there appeared to be the 13 Crown of Gluttony in a tank. So part of Baal's own vision might be an ascended race of demons not just the ones that exist now and that could be the pitch he used to get Fenrir in his camp. Assuming at this time Fenrir is already in on the conspiracy.

A bold strategy, to create a world with no food in it. Let's see how it plays out for him.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
All 3. Hot drat.

I do love that Iruma is teaching Alice those un-demonic instincts.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Kirio is trash but the role he plays along with what we've been getting from other demons like Baal and Narnia are necessary. And to be honest I love to hate that Aizen wannabe and see his plans get thwarted. But with how Returning to Origins is framed, and how terminal Kirio seems to be. I'm interested if Iruma could ever pull someone as twisted as Kirio out of his own darkness. That boy's been broken from birth.

Also, Iruma was like 3 feet away from there when he was about to unleash that magic blast. Kirio almost loving died.

One of the occasional throughlines this series hits is how the power of the demon king is the power to change what a demon wants to do.

And since desire is what gives a demon their power, does that mean the demon king can find new desires for demons to make them stronger or weaker?

Origins Kirio wants to be the big dramatic betrayer, but the thing about betrayal is that you don't need any strength at all to pull it off.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I forget, can Iruma actually talk with people about how Kirio saviorblocked him with the forcefield, or is he still trying to keep it secret that he went full origins and joined the six fingers so he has a place to come back to at Babyls?

It is refreshing that the Misfits aren't getting swept up with the general worry of demon society, nonetheless.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah, that's a shame. They did a really drat good job, especially with the Lilith's Red Carpet finale.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Rand Brittain posted:

Adding Poro to Team Evil is such a major upgrade to their team dynamic.

I love how he's actually providing a very useful service by telling everyone else how weird and terrible they are, because if somebody's not holding you to that standard you might start slacking.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I almost don't want to know what kinds of things Iruma thinks will be scary to demons.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wonder if Silvia's going to discover some kind of sketch-based creation power. Or maybe just drawing really good pictures of things makes it really easy for Clara to pull them out of her magic pocket.

Regardless, Sabro is going to be enthusiastic and supportive, the same way he's enthusiastic and supportive of the historical research club because finding out what the Demon King did is turbo awesome.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ch. 333: The Beast Used MITOSIS What I Want

He is, after all, the sort of boy to get more and more fired up the more dangerous and impossible something looks.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I love seeing these goofballs do a normal high school activity except it's got demon powers in so now I'm amped up to see whatever the hell this omega-grade haunted house winds up being.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Chapter 339: A Creator's Cry

This is not the scariest thing in the world.
This is just a tribute.
We couldn't show you the scariest thing in the world,
so this is just a tribute.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

wokow6 posted:

...He's gonna assume Iruma and Silva want permission to date.

E: New Chapter on previous page.

Honestly I think they've got this thing on lock.

Staring into the maw of madness for the sake of passion is wicked cool.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
And I have no idea what form this final work is even going to take. Dammit future, hurry up and get here already.

A giant partial portrait of her, to give the illusion that she's been huge and using the haunted house as a toy the entire time, but it's only the parts that would be visible through the windows, so like two fingers, a corner of her smile, and one rosy eye?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh, so that wasn't paint. Silvia is just... half? evil-cycle? right now.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ch. 345 - Three Carefree Guests

Shax Lied Have Nonzero Luck In Love Challenge (difficulty: impossible)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Please give her an arc soon Nishi. She and Allocer desperately need their own thing.

Allocer's got something new going on. There was that quip of Purson going "man, who doesn't want a girl chasing you" and then getting immediately disproven by Caim getting violently ejected from the succubus battra in the manner of his people and Allocer getting husband hunted by someone I don't recognize.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Non-spoilerly, yes, it'd be wonderful for Elizabetta and Allocer to get some spotlight time. They're the two members of the Misfits class who it's not really clear why they're even in the class in the first place. Like, you could guess Allocer maybe deduced his way into the forbidden portions of the library, or Elizabetta maybe escalated something into a big confrontation, but there's so much yet to know about them.

I suppose it'll happen when it's time. One of the strengths of this series is that it's notionally following Iruma but at any moment the camera could just dip off and follow someone else and it wouldn't be any less interesting. Heck, it's even got its own Lower Decks equivalent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ch. 346 - Opening Day

Welcome to the cursed Moebius Art Museum!

Impaling your mascot on the roof sure is a mood.