Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Today's episode was cute. The interactions between all the characters are what really makes this show for me.

Our protagonist reacting to the tough-as-nails tomboy's ~secret ultra-girly hobby~ by going 'oh, hey, neat, I love that stuff' and spending the entire day geeking out about it with her was definitely the most wholesome way that hoary old trope could have played out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Starsnostars posted:

I didn't realise this was getting a 2nd cour, I went into the most recent episode thinking it would be the last.

I mean, it was episode 14, so we're already well past that territory.

chumbler posted:

It's hosed up that there are episodes of this show that are not purely Iruma and Ameri on dates.

I mean, Clara's fun, and I get that she's presented as the main female lead, but these two dumb kids have way too much chemistry together.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

I like Clara but yeah, the way Ameri acts around Iruma is just adorable.

I think it helps that they just get each other. She figured out he was human in about thirty seconds, and they spend literal hours on end geeking out over the same interests and hobbies. They feel like they're only months away from running off and founding a florist shop together.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cuteness is strictly regulated by international strategic kawaii limitations treaties, and this show just exceeded Japan's annual limit.

I'm sorry, I don't make the rules, that's just how it is.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I feel like her low-detail artwork now is only because the artist is gathering their ki to draw her when she finally makes a breakthrough in her succubus training.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I wonder if they're ever going to bring up how uncannily similar Opera looks to the Azazel family.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Elfface posted:

Distant cousins, perhaps... but Opera is a kitty, the Azazels are foxes.

Sure, but their hair and eye colour and the shape of their faces look incredibly similar.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ThingOne posted:

I can't wait to see what the twist to this contest is because in terms of raw power and experience Team Kuromu is probably far above the competition.

I assume that Gyari is genuinely That Good, and they're going to have to get unorthodox to defeat her/convince her to make peace. She has come across as extremely competent so far (except at talking to Kuromu, of course). Theory: Amelie and Gyari are going to end up bonding over their crushes and their difficulty in expressing them.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 8, 2021

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Chapter 190: The Millionaire and the Jewel (Manganelo)
Looks like someone is playing 4D chess this arc.

Both of them being into each other and finding the worst ways possible to express it is a fun twist.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

Yep, I don’t like Gyari. I don’t like when characters are weirdly possessive like that.

I mean, Kerori is clearly encouraging her because she thinks it's hot she wants her to be motivated to become a better evidol.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

I Am Fowl posted:

I like Gyari. Kerori is clearly super excited that her gal pal is rising to the occasion as planned.

I mean, I'm sure that this is all none too healthy and will soon go horribly wrong, but it'll presumably be in a way that they'll be able to work out between themselves once Iruma and Amelie have banged their heads together.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

At the end of the day, they're demons

Well, yeah, but 'Iruma teaches his demon buddies to have healthier relationships with each other' is basically the whole story.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Beginning to seriously wonder who'll end up wearing the more magnificent dress at Iruma and Amelie's wedding.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

I disagree as Gyari seems to have a much better understanding of Kuromu now.

Yeah, they both seem to have a better grasp of what they are to each other.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

If this story and it characters are consistent, the stoic one is gonna secretly be a silly idiot (I wanna guess Irumi fanboy) and the surfer is either gonna be even more silly or actually the most malicious threat Iruma's faced yet.

Edit: Kalego Side story is also good. Strange detail that Kalego is wearing a skirt for some reason and given his personality, it's because either he actually likes it or it was forced upon him and he just said gently caress it.

I like that the story immediately answered this with 'they're both silly and they're both malicious, but it's probably not going to be a big deal and Iruma's likely to have two new friends in a few chapters' time'.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Man, this development absolutely could not be more laser-targeted at Amelie's insecurities.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Tell your girlfriend you like her, Iruma, before she melts into a puddle of blind panic.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

The funny thing is that Kalego could easily get out of the contract by just asking Iruma to let him out of it and saying "please," or possibly "I beg of you."

I really like how Kalego-sensei is basically Literally Professor Snape If Snape Was A Decent Person And Also An Excellent Educator.

I mean, he's still a bitter, sadistic rear end in a top hat. It's just that he takes his job incredibly seriously.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

The date episode was adorable and so I can safely call season 2 a rousing success.

The implication that Iruma had carefully crafted a spell with the express purpose of letting him princess-carry Amelie was delightful.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

... huh. That's quite a twist. Cerberus was always a little unusual, all things considered.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It's been confirmed that the Iruma train will keep rolling after the end of this season.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

boredsatellite posted:

It makes me happy that there's enough people that like Iruma anime that more seasons keep getting greenlit

It also makes me happy that they're releasing it on a sane schedule rather than making it a hundred-episode death march.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Pretty sure Iruma almost flipped Sheena during their brief time together at Walter Park. There's absolutely no way that her allegiance to the Six Fingers is going to survive prolonged exposure to him as his teacher. The creepy rear end in a top hat with the grin is quite likely to stay evil, though.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Let's not forget here what Arikled spelled backwards is. The sensor may be detecting what a big deal Iruma's little passenger really is.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Good to see Balam's smart enough to know when someone is trying to game his bloodline magic.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

I don't assume Sheeda has pure intentions for Iruma even if she doesn't want to hurt him. I'm guessing she's the type to keep the things she fancies all to herself and Iruma is just her current fixation. No way she's a member of a notorious group like the Six Fingers and isn't a thief in mindset.

I dunno, she's come across as generally kindly and innocent in pretty much all her screentime so far. There's surely some reason she's part of a group as select, ruthless, and elite as the Six Fingers, but I doubt it'll change the fact that she's mostly a decent person.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

I am glad he is being shown the respect that he deserves.

I support him being a potential love interest for Clara precisely because of this. Poor boy has no idea whatsoever what he's let himself in for.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Poor Azz-Azz is not going to have a fun time in this event.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Their teammate is like Komi from Komi-san, I bet. Just bad at communicating and is really thrilled to be with a Misfit, but ends up being a prickly weirdo.

I don't think he's even prickly. Just a chill, nice guy who looks naturally threatening.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Turns out she's the maternal figure in his life that Iruma always deserved

I know that this is manga, but I'm pretty sure that you're not supposed to have quite this much sexual tension with a maternal figure.

Besides, Iruma already has a perfectly good (gender-neutral) mother. :colbert:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

All things considered Amelie has always been paced pretty well in her romance with Iruma given their romance isn't the centerpiece of the story like it might be in a romcom like Rosario x Vampire. And they are also in different grades meaning she doesn't have a great excuse to be at all these misfit centric events as more than just a spectator. But we got the election arc, Walter park, Water Park, the idol concert, and ballroom dance where she's allowed to actively participate and move forward so I think that's some good coverage.

It's not about her presence in the story, it's about what she does during her pagetime. The presence of Chima will presumably bring a fresh dose of panicked urgency to the next Amelie arc.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Kalego's definitely coming out at the final round to just wipe the field

May well be a Kalego/Balam tag-team for maximum overkill - though there's also Sullivan and Opera as wild cards. Yes, Opera's not technically part of the faculty, but you try telling them that.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do hope we get a tiny bit more detail on why Opera is constantly such an rear end in a top hat to Kalego specifically. It'd be one thing if they were generally a bit of a trickster and he was just a fun target, but it really does seem like he's the only person in the world whose life they're constantly making hell for no reason whatsoever.

I'd accept even a simple gag like 'he stole my fashion choices' or 'Cerberus smells weird', but I feel like we need something.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

Opera is a cat and Kalego is a dog.

Well, yes, but I feel like there are other dog-demons who they've managed to get along with reasonably cordially.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Opera is a cool kid, and Kalego is a nerd.

Ah, but Iruma is a nerd, and Opera will loving murder you if you touch him.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I'm not sure why we're coming up with excuses for the member of the Six Fingers who's a well established as a sadistic jerk who's bad at staying in character. It was a dumb move that's likely to get him in hot water with the real teachers, and that's all there is to it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think one thing that helps Kamui be more tolerable than other, similar characters is that he's mostly just a gigantic simp rather than an actual sex criminal. Like, there's times when he crosses the line, but they seem much rarer and easier to ignore than what folks like Mineta and Sanji get up to.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
One useful thing about bloodline magic is that we've already had a few examples that are completely busted (like the Azazel family's Romanticist, which makes a schoolgirl strong enough to oneshot kaiju), so there's very little in the way of limits on how weird and powerful it can be. Zeze's 'gently caress you, there's two of me' seems quite reasonable for an elite family's magic.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I'm guessing this is setting up a sniper duel between Iruma and Robin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
On the other hand, this is a demon school in hell. Why wouldn't torture be on the curriculum?