Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Picked this up a couple days ago and while I'm slowly making my way through it I can't help but marvel at how well all the good moments have landed.

Had me spook my roommate because I wasn't expecting such a masterful performance by our intrepid trio. Iruma is a good boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

ALLOCER IS SUCH A BRO

Just caught up with Misfit scans translations and I agree wholeheartedly. Shame the story slept on Allocer for this long because even when he helped befriend the intellectual teacher a while back he had an interesting design and expertise. This series really knows how to leverage it's side cast and I think the harvest festival is where the story hit it's stride for me. Walked in thinking it was going to be some flavor of Hunter's Exam/Chuunin exam. Got a tower defense battle instead which was just :allears: utterly amazing. Iruma coming to the rescue of Clara right when that "trauma" spell was kicking in. Alice just continuing to be the alpha Bro himself.

And this right here

This is the only ship in the harbor but it's sailing smoothly.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

HerraS posted:

yeah but gently caress orobas

:same: but also that smug guy manipulating Orobas

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

We've all been there before.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
There's so much :smug: from Asmodeus; I love it.

limeicebreakers posted:

those faces, just, d'aww :3:
This series just nails the friendships everyone has but these 3 are perfect for each other.

I also forgot to mention a couple chapters back, but I like that we had the formal demon greeting used again because it's a neat little detail.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm actually rather surprised Iruma is terrible at cooking. I guess, given his survivalist nature, he wasn't in a position to ever have the luxury of preparing any food or ingredients he got properly other than the most basic minimum of making them edible.

I was a little confused as well since the harvest festival had him and Lied making stew with no real problems and nothing indicated the taste was off. But again, maybe it's just his ability to forage mixed with the demon world botany that he's recently learned. Cooking by the book is still a different skill. And Amelie having to boost him is just adorable, their children are going to split the difference and be Alice's height.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Dantalion is totally evil isn't he?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

He's actually there in Chapter 8: https://mangadex.org/chapter/83596/5

I don't know if the author just forgot him or if he really has been playing the long game with us.

It's Medaka Box all over again.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Person being super awkward and super verbose gives me strong Medaka Box vibes. I love it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

How long before he joins Iruma's harem

He's already in it, he just hasn't accepted it yet.

The comedic timing is super on point for this series.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Elfface posted:

My reaction

Shame on you dissing birdman when he's actually contributed to the story and the classes efforts despite being the obligatory perverted classmate.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Absolutely solid use of page transitions towards the end.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I feel bad for Purson because even in an arc about him, Kerori still steals the spotlight from him.

Also, Asmodeous going super hard with his praise will never not be funny.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
:geno:: "How far did you go with the president?"
:sparkles:: "To the aquarium!"

Our MC is just too pure. And I just liked everything about chapter 163; that's a really tall person.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Are demonic contracts recognized in the court of law?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Purson's mom is just the best :allears:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nice to see the father was present for his son's debut...I think? Whole chapter kicked rear end, RIP the typesetters and redrawers.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

He immediately tries to book it when the leash is removed :allears:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
All these updates are really nice.

RE: the Delkira conversation. I think he's a demon but one that's well traveled and has obviously been to the human world given things like the cherry blossom surprise in the Harvest Festival.

Patware posted:

i want to cycle around to note that without characters like kirio showing up to cause tension you don't get the full emotional impacts of things like this chapter
That's my feeling as well. Kirio is necessary to give an antagonist to Iruma that's on his level. Someone like Baal feels more like an opponent for Sullivan at the end of the day given he's older and more powerful. Kirio however can show up and stir the pot of Iruma's life like he has with taunting Alice and that not only is a part of the story pushing forward the Baal Sub-plot (since Amduscias was also recruited to his side) but yeah, gives us this chapter of bromance. This is also the 2nd time in the story where he's actually appeared to do anything. The previous two times he's just in the background being horny for Iruma.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

chumbler posted:

When is Iruma going on another date with Ameri and why is it not every chapter?
Let's loving GO!!!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

NEW CHAPTER

MAY I HAVE THIS DANCE

:kingsley: YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!
One thing I really appreciate is that this story doesn't drag out the despair. Clara could have spent a whole chapter being tormented by that one Nerd's trauma illusions during the harvest festival but it got shut down in a couple pages. Amelie could have actually danced with these otherwise upstanding gentlemen but no this dance goes to her future husband.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Patware posted:

is this sullivan pulling the ultimate wingman move

Don't forget Opera suggesting the lady killing move.

Also, this is the kid who didn't flinch when faced with explosives, giant monsters, and so much more. His demeanor shattered in one fell swoop

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Patware posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1118258

they did it, the beautiful bastards

they did it

The sheer amount of responsibility some of these characters have is refreshing. Alice telling Balam about Kirio and Balam calling Opera about Iruma's birthday. Nice

And congrats to Misfit Scans for powering through this series.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

The author really wants to hammer home that despite Iruma's life being threatened multiple times while in the demon world. It's still a better existence than what he had with his parents.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Booooo Our first real Gyaru character and she's a baddie. Here's hoping for a redemption arc

Also Lol at Irumi's signature.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Half the characters who show up that seem to be bad end up being giant softies. It's the ones that look nice and unassuming on first introduction that are ones to worry about.

Why did I even doubt this? Gyari basically being the physical embodiment of "One night I forgot to turn my swagger off" is definitely on par for this series but she's still rude as hell.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

This was my exact reaction for page 6
https://i.imgur.com/frnXxyM.mp4

Agents. Are! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Henry is going to have a conniption when he sees his daughter styling on these other idols dressed like Poison from Street Fighter.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Strabo4 posted:

Hahahah, oh Lied. Great expressions in this chapter!

Indeed. If you'd told me early on that the gamer of the group would turn out to be Iruma's little brother. I honestly wouldn't have believed you. Yet here we are and ever since the harvest festival, Lied has really grown into his own.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I think it could also be that her studio only employs female idols. I haven't seen a mixed sexes crew because the two guys are on the team as well.

Also a fun little piece of foreshadowing. Back when Kurumi was telling the misfit class about the hell dance the lone girl that was still in sync with her should look very familiar.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Chapter 190: The Millionaire and the Jewel (Manganelo)
Looks like someone is playing 4D chess this arc.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Both of them being into each other and finding the worst ways possible to express it is a fun twist.

I love that we're keeping the idea of Lilith's Dance around as more than just a metaphor for Ix's own stance on love and future arc. It seems clear that Kerori does have some mutual feelings for Gyari outside of being an idol fan and doesn't want to just be cast aside after being "acquired". So she filters that through her inner fangirl and outer professionalism. A perfectly reasonable stance given Gyari has only shown the side of her that covets other girls by the armful.

Which makes me wonder what face Gyari has underneath the rock star persona and whether she's also over-acting as a way to filter her more transparent feelings for Kuromi.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This is a bad idea on Crocell's part. She's risking Gyari triggering a "return to Origin" by inflating her base desires to a boiling point.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Chima's Voice
More than a little contrived how the calvary battle resolved. Iruma's spider sense and Amelie's protective guard were nice. We're gearing up for the arc's finale so these two girls can stop being various flavors of dere for each other and just hold hands again or something

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

LostRook posted:

Just realized that demonstrating Wicked Phase on command is probably a really bad idea.

I mean he could BS that he's got the same drug that Alice/Sabnoc got from Balam sensei and the bird teach can vouch for him in turn since he knows Iruma's a human. He just needs to fake a safe word or something, I'm thinking 'Lunch Special'

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Or you tell people you just had a good makeup artist? Why does anyone need to know he’s not just faking it?

Because wicked phases aren't something that just happen; they are tied to some kind of monthy cycle related to the blood moon, or caused by severe psychological stress. You don't see anyone just enter their wicked phase willy nilly outside of Alice so Amelie and the rest might need something more than "I put on some eyeliner" since Iruma's personality takes a notable change when Ali puts him under those enchantments is all.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
That is also a perfectly fine solution.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

I'm looking forward to Gyari transfering to Misfit class

That would gently caress up the numbering because we already have 12 + Amelie to be the 13 crowns and Iruma/i as the demon king. Gyari can just crash a school festival or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This one has been running smooth for me Chapter 198
Misfits also did their april fools prank by releasing the chapter in like 7 other languages.

There's a lot I like about this chapter and a lot of character moments I could gush about. So sufficed to say I enjoy how the misfits are set up as one big group of fairly dynamic characters. They are going to have a fun future running the demon world