Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

You can still get twins infrequently from other events, extremely rarely from draws, and from stargazing.

All you missed out on was a skin that made them orange and black, unless you want to buy it for real money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Not sure what you are talking about, i can buy the skin for 60 tokens and the hero itself for 90 tokens

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

You need a ton of copies of Twins, missing out on one won't make or break you here. It is only even useful if it was going to bump you up another ascension tier anyway. Fodder is more valuable early game and emblems are more valuable late game.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Until you get them heavily merged the best way to use the twins is through mercing, they're so frail early on. I had a slot saved for them every week for ages.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Ineptitude posted:

Not sure what you are talking about, i can buy the skin for 60 tokens and the hero itself for 90 tokens

I think they already spent the currency

Edit: I just keep buying copies of the twins from every event that has them because I eventually want my own Ascended ones, but you are not missing anything by getting stuff that is going to help you more in the short term. With how power curves for different herors are, patch changes, and the Merc system, just focus on short term goals and building up your existing roster before you start reaching for specific stuff. Having a single copy of one good hero is unlikely to totally make or break your game.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 2, 2020

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Alright! Guess it is no big deal im missing out on a twin copy.

Which blue cards should i spend my tokens on then?

I have 86 tokens so 7 sets of 9 blue heroes.
My Savas is L+ so i don’t need more Maulers.
My other 2 yellows, Belinda and Shemira, both need additional copies of themselves so no immediate need for GB or LB either.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Ineptitude posted:

Alright! Guess it is no big deal im missing out on a twin copy.

Which blue cards should i spend my tokens on then?

I have 86 tokens so 7 sets of 9 blue heroes.
My Savas is L+ so i don’t need more Maulers.
My other 2 yellows, Belinda and Shemira, both need additional copies of themselves so no immediate need for GB or LB either.

Lightbringers is gonna uniformly be your best value for a while since there are a lot of bangers that are always relevant, followed closely by Wilders. Shemera, Lucius, and the Wilder Trio were my core team into very recently.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks! Grabbed 5 stacks of Lightbringers and 2 stacks of Wilders

Another question: I notice that some of the VIP rewards are interesting, mostly the ones at VIP6 to automate a few parts of the gameplay i find very tedious.
I don't mind spending some small amounts of money in these games, mainly to get permanent unlocks or such.
What is the most cost effective and progress boosting way to getting enough VIP points to get to level 6?
It doesn't need to be a one off purchase, i don't mind doing smaller purchases over e.g. a few months.

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

Advancement rewards are good. And the monthly card.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The .99 daily purchases during events are usually pretty good value. Weekly and monthly subscriptions seem pretty good.

Don't ever buy diamonds on their own.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks! Grabbed 5 stacks of Lightbringers and 2 stacks of Wilders

Another question: I notice that some of the VIP rewards are interesting, mostly the ones at VIP6 to automate a few parts of the gameplay i find very tedious.
I don't mind spending some small amounts of money in these games, mainly to get permanent unlocks or such.
What is the most cost effective and progress boosting way to getting enough VIP points to get to level 6?
It doesn't need to be a one off purchase, i don't mind doing smaller purchases over e.g. a few months.

I'm pretty sure you'll get all that stuff in time without spending money.

It'll take a while though. I've had all the good stuff for quite a while and I spent very little on this game

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

The monthly "subscriptions" does not award VIP points from what i can see

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Don't ever buy diamonds on their own.
Never will

Renegret posted:

I'm pretty sure you'll get all that stuff in time without spending money.

It'll take a while though. I've had all the good stuff for quite a while and I spent very little on this game
Ayea i have noticed i have gained some VIP points, though i honestly don't remember from where. Doesn't seem like there is a steady source of them so i guess from one-time quests or some such?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ineptitude posted:

The monthly "subscriptions" does not award VIP points from what i can see

Never will

Ayea i have noticed i have gained some VIP points, though i honestly don't remember from where. Doesn't seem like there is a steady source of them so i guess from one-time quests or some such?

Chapter finishing and 'reach this account level' missions give them out. That's account or player level not hero level.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

So anyone done any research yet on which heroes work best with Chaos Bringer or Barricade? Really interested if Chaos is better than Blade on Saurus.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
According to reddit rank 3 of the new artifact beats out blade on Saurus. If you're looking for straight damage it seems to be by far the best choice for any hero that can use it.

whocares8310
Sep 22, 2010

Sir, I think it's pronounced nook-ya-ler.
If anyone is looking at this game because of all the ads recently. If you like the game "play style" or progression method, I ha e experienced pretty steady progression up until your heroes hit about level 200. Then, I have hit a dust wall at the 220 and 240 break points. I have my first 5 heroes to ascended and am waiting on dust to progress farther. I would save your hourly dust chests for this wall. If anyone else has a suggestion to alleviate this or if it is a true progression wall I would be grateful

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.
Unfortunately it's one of the biggest progression walls in the game, not really any way around it aside from waiting, though I believe you can get some dust rewards from Tower (like 1k at a time at some milestones, still not a reliable method). This is probably to get you to buy the Champions of Esperia pass, which will give you enough dust to get one hero past the break point, on average.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Angry rant time - I loving hate the trial challenge modes. Sometimes you get some good lineups, but I hate having to find the lovely combination of rubbish you sometimes get to clear some ridiculous team compositions. It doesn't make me want to play the new hero, half the time it just make think they're garbage.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I started just waiting and looking up a guide after a bit.

gently caress you game I refuse to learn how to use raine, buff or no buff.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Yeah a guide gets posted in Discord within like an hour.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

whocares8310 posted:

If anyone is looking at this game because of all the ads recently. If you like the game "play style" or progression method, I ha e experienced pretty steady progression up until your heroes hit about level 200. Then, I have hit a dust wall at the 220 and 240 break points. I have my first 5 heroes to ascended and am waiting on dust to progress farther. I would save your hourly dust chests for this wall. If anyone else has a suggestion to alleviate this or if it is a true progression wall I would be grateful

It switches at some point to an xp wall. I got dust coming out of my ears again, crystal level 317

Nilbog Resident
Dec 23, 2005

X Y v ^
Just saw there was an opening in the goon guild. Any apps pending or am I good to jump ship on my current pubby guild and slither my way in??

Nilbog Resident fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 7, 2020

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

whocares8310 posted:

Yeah, I highly recommend that newcomers buy dust from the store everyday once they can.

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.

Nilbog Resident posted:

Just saw there was an opening in the goon guild. Any apps pending or am I good to jump ship on my current pubby guild and slither my way in??

We're full up at the moment, but we have someone idle for a few days so we'll let you know, you can join the discord server in the meantime if you want, link is in the OP

Nilbog Resident
Dec 23, 2005

X Y v ^

Stockwell posted:

We're full up at the moment, but we have someone idle for a few days so we'll let you know, you can join the discord server in the meantime if you want, link is in the OP

Weird, it shows 69(nice)/70 to me. I'll try to apply in ~1 hour as big chompz if it lets me, otherwise yea I'll check discord

edit: ok lmao i just read the discord, i'll keep checking back

Nilbog Resident fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 7, 2020

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Long overdue on prioritizing my next +20s and +30, as well as reorganizing my BO3 team. Thoughts?

This team is too stacked. I just ascended Safiya to help shuffle this around. Could potentially be Lyca / Neko / Athalia / Eironn / Safiya?

One turn in off of Arthur to flesh this team out, it would also really help to get Rowan from my Eironn team. Could be something like Arthur / Rowan / Gwen / Fawkes (or twins) / Rosa?

This is leftovers and a mess. Between Izold and Daimon being on my bench and built out relatively well there should be a GB team I can make with Ferael, Daimon, Izold, and whatever other ascended crap is still out there?

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Nilbog Resident posted:

Weird, it shows 69(nice)/70 to me. I'll try to apply in ~1 hour as big chompz if it lets me, otherwise yea I'll check discord

edit: ok lmao i just read the discord, i'll keep checking back

I had an alt in the guild and dropped him today so there should be a spot if you want to join.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

For the most part i have been able to get through the 3 stages of the labyrinth every time its been open.
I have lost a few dudes here and there, but with the resurrect shrines and wagons my roster has been keeping pace with the enemies.

Yesterday however my entire team got obliterated in seconds on the second fight on stage 1. A bit taken aback by this i pressed on with my autoleveled dudes and they somehow got through this fight, then the whole of stage 1 and stage 2 without any issues. I managed to resurrect most of my main team along the way. Then the same thing happened on an early fight in stage 3, my entire team got obliterated in seconds. This time i also lost my backup team.

This seems fairly random. Is this just by design or some freak luck or am i expected to start using teams tailored to each specific fight as i gain player levels/power and expand my roster?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Did you go through the orange portal? The 3rd stage has a hard mode and a normal mode, and it hints at it when you choose a portal, but doesn't make it completely clear.

Purple (left) is normal mode, orange (right) is hard mode.

If the tiles look different (darker and round rather than hexagonal) you've strayed into hard mode. Certain relics will help a lot, but you need a very well specced team to autoplay through it with no losses. I still occasionally get totalled and I have a bunch of A5 heroes.

Relics that will help include the ones that reduce enemy attack / defence on hit, the ones that recharge health when your energy is above 50% and vice versa, the ones that increase your defense with every battle you win, and the ones that increase your haste are all good choices.

If you can be bothered to adjust your lineup the extra damage to faction advantage can be pretty good, even at blue rarity. The one that cancels enemy buffs also stops Brutus wiping your team if you don't have Fawkes.

I play a Lucius / Belinda / Rowan / Shemira / Grezhul lineup, so the relic that increases defence for each lightbearer works really well for me, and conversely I usually ignore the mauler / wilder relics.

Make sure you target the red flags on stage 1 and 2 to get guaranteed purple relics and a chance at yellows.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Nov 10, 2020

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
You can go ahead and kick me from the guild for now. The last abyssal just burnt me out hard. Might come back in a few months, might not, I dunno!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
The combination of abyssals and those terrible way too frequent trials burnt me as well. I'm way behind on the other recent content, havent even got the new relic that's supposed to be fantastic for Saurus.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

No it was normal difficulty labyrinth, not hard.

The same thing happened today, i breezed through stage 1 and 2 and halfway through stage 3, lost zero dudes, then out of the blue i get absolutely obliterated. Normally i can get past such battles as at least get to kill off a few the first time but yesterday i didnt manage to kill a single enemy. I had gotten several wagons on the way there so i had 3 full teams, and they all got deleted. What irks me the most is that the mvp on the enemy team was clearly Shemira, a red one, but i also have a shemira, a 5* white one (mercenary). Why is the red one so much better than mine? Why even show levels and tiers on enemy units if they have no relation to their strength?

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
What the heck are you getting wagons for? Seems to me that any wagon you get is a relic you didn't get. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only wagons you should generally be getting are the ones you can't avoid.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Yeah, don't pick up wagons, go for red flags because you get better relics, and lab is all about building a good set of relics.

Even normal mode stage 3 can trip you up if you haven't got good relics.

https://www.afkarena.net/arcane-labyrinth

This also has a tier list of the best relics to go for. I think there's been a patch since it was written because IMHO fire + icebringer are way better than sun + moonstone, but it generally gives you a good overview of what works and what doesn't.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Nov 11, 2020

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i only started a couple weeks ago and had been dominating every hard labrynth i got, but for some reason this most recent one has been a solid wall. got a 150k stat advantage but still seeing my entire team die and enemy team finishing at full health. really don't get it!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

cams posted:

i only started a couple weeks ago and had been dominating every hard labrynth i got, but for some reason this most recent one has been a solid wall. got a 150k stat advantage but still seeing my entire team die and enemy team finishing at full health. really don't get it!

Is it a type advantage thing?
I know I had a wall in level 3 of the campaign because I had a team of mostly Graveborn going up against the faction that has Type Advantage on them.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the_steve posted:

Is it a type advantage thing?
I know I had a wall in level 3 of the campaign because I had a team of mostly Graveborn going up against the faction that has Type Advantage on them.
i thought this might be the case cause i had never paid attention to it previously, but the first wall i hit was a stage with 4 maulers and my lineup had 3 lightbearers, a celestial, and a graveborne

again, just started and super casual, but i have a 160k lead on the current stage i'm stuck on and just watch my team do no damage and melt. kinda baffled but whatevs, guess i just won't finish this labyrinth.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Celestials can be deadly in lab3, especially Athalia & Twins. If you can avoid a lineup that contains them, you should.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
The only characters I actively worry about in Lab are Eironn, Nemora, and sometimes Thoran if he's whatever level to have his signature item.

All three of those can just instantly gently caress up a team but Eironn and Nemora are trivial to stop with Athalia or Nara. Thoran is usually just pay the death tax and move on or rearrange for a quicker kill on him.

My main goal for Hard Lab is getting enough damage to kill the emblem gerblin. Hard mode Map, Death's Embrace, and all the swords are highest priority.

Edit: Athalia can be dangerous but I normally just slot in Brutus or move Lucius to keep her busy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

cams posted:

again, just started and super casual, but i have a 160k lead on the current stage i'm stuck on and just watch my team do no damage and melt. kinda baffled but whatevs, guess i just won't finish this labyrinth.

Do you have a Tasi? Dura's Tears fills everyone's meter in addition to health and rez. Stunning+alpha strike might let you pick off a few.