Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zombie Trotsky
Sep 18, 2003
Don't call it a comeback
College Slice

Math You posted:

I removed an inactive player to make a spot. Guild ID: 303165

Thanks for the advice.

The guild looks full still and says it requires verification?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Ok wtf is Celerity? You guys keep talking about it for AE but I feel like I'm missing something.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Funktor posted:

Ok wtf is Celerity? You guys keep talking about it for AE but I feel like I'm missing something.

Agility heroes. Each relic group goes with the dura tree branch associated with it. So like eironn and Lyca are celerity heroes.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Zombie Trotsky posted:

Thanks for the advice.

Sorry, someone sniped it. I opened another spot. Please try again.

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.

Zombie Trotsky posted:

Thanks for the advice.

I let banando in, I'm assuming that's you?

Zombie Trotsky
Sep 18, 2003
Don't call it a comeback
College Slice

Stockwell posted:

I let banando in, I'm assuming that's you?

Nope! I’m NotBob ID 112089814

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Zombie Trotsky posted:

Nope! I’m NotBob ID 112089814

I cleared a third slot for you now. You should feel special!

Apply before someone else sneaks in lol

Zombie Trotsky
Sep 18, 2003
Don't call it a comeback
College Slice

Math You posted:

I cleared a third slot for you now. You should feel special!

Apply before someone else sneaks in lol

I gotta wait an hour now 😰. I set a timer and everything. I’m sure they will be doing maintenance by then!

Thanks again, I love gaming with goons!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Is visiting friend inns and getting 3 gifts a daily thing?

I just noticed this feature. Thats like well over a month on missing out on stuff...

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Mustached Demon posted:

Agility heroes. Each relic group goes with the dura tree branch associated with it. So like eironn and Lyca are celerity heroes.

Got it, thanks. I've got much more powerful mages than celerity, so I've been buffing mages primarily, support and celerity as I've had extra stuff.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Ineptitude posted:

I just noticed this feature. Thats like well over a month on missing out on stuff...

Yes.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

It is mostly a negligible amount of gold and dust, occasionally 100 diamonds.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Nephzinho posted:

It is mostly a negligible amount of gold and dust, occasionally 100 diamonds.

They are all good rewards except the dust. Half a fodder, 1.5m gold, or 100 diamonds are pretty good. A lot better than arena rewards at least!

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Fun Shoe
There's at least 10 of us who are slightly ahead at 3.4 who can help you catch up if needed. Just ask on discord or in militia chat.

One important thing, try to help with pathing to bosses, at least one tile that you can settle on, so you don't get left behind. If you were left behind feel free to ask for help with pathing.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Hello sirs

https://twitter.com/AFK_Arena/status/1340129733221240833?s=19

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Oh my God I'm going to buy a dimensional hero.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
please i just want to be able to spend my tokens in their various shops again

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Oh hell yes match 3 AFK Arena!

shino
Dec 28, 2004
do not open
Guild is full, is it possible to clear a spot? Greywords and Uhhohh made me play, haven't since launch and there's so much to catch up on.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Phew, made Duke during the silent period. No way I'm going to crack Prince this time, but still, not bad for my first AE!

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005

shino posted:

Guild is full, is it possible to clear a spot? Greywords and Uhhohh made me play, haven't since launch and there's so much to catch up on.

Made a spot for you, feel free to apply to Greater Goon id#:303165

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Anyway I could get a spot in the guild?

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Mr Hootington posted:

Anyway I could get a spot in the guild?

Spot available! Greater Goon id#:303165

Sonictic
Sep 11, 2003

marquise bossyfangs mcsekret
all set

Sonictic fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 3, 2021

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005

Sonictic posted:

Hey friends I would much appreciate a spot in the guild.

Doesn't look like we have anyone who's been idle for more then a couple days. One of us will let you know if we can open a spot. You can join the discord with the link in the OP in the meantime, if you want.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Hi Mr. Sonictic, we now have a spot available

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Any room in the guild? All the other long-timers have now quit or left my pubbie guild, so I dont feel bad about leaving. And Soren's down to like once a week, yeesh.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
If you need space in the guild you can kick me, I lost interest in the game and don't want to occupy a slot if there's need.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Space made, let us know your name in-game and id so we can make sure we let the right one in.

unless you turn out to be a vampire in which case oh nooo

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Cheers, just left the old one. valuum in-game as well.

To celebrate the occasion the game gave me two Talenes on a 10-gaze :toot:
e:drat you, sneaky apostrophe

valuum fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jan 12, 2021

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

valuum posted:

To celebrate the occasion the game gave me two Talene's on a 10-gaze :toot:

Oh gently caress you.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

valuum posted:

Cheers, just left the old one. valuum in-game as well.

To celebrate the occasion the game gave me two Talene's on a 10-gaze :toot:

🔫 this is a stickup gimme all the good luck

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Applied to join the goon guild as YourMum. I have no idea what I’m doing but I like how the numbers go up.

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Added, there's lots of chat in the discord compared to in game if you want advice or just to chat or whatever, link is in the OP

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hey I'm dropping out. So a spot should open for someone. :)

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Hello! Just started this yesterday. Can I hop on the guild? IG name is Qylvaran SA. I pulled the Twins from the Inn today. Supposedly that was pretty lucky.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Qylvaran posted:

Hello! Just started this yesterday. Can I hop on the guild? IG name is Qylvaran SA. I pulled the Twins from the Inn today. Supposedly that was pretty lucky.

Very niiceee

We do in fact have a spot. Guild ID: 303165

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat
I started playing this a month or so ago after coming across this thread, and have been enjoying it. Even ended up leading a small guild just from people leaving.

I have a good stable of heroes at level 120, but I seem to be perpetually stuck there. I just don't seem to have a consistent enough source of new heroes to feed into the temple. I mostly get new heroes from the occasional 10-hero pull in the tavern (which seems to mostly give green heroes) and accumulating soulstones. But I've had all my heroes at level 120 for several weeks now, with seemingly no end in sight. Is there another consistent source of feeder heroes that I'm missing?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Been trying to get a T5 for a few days now, anyone on west side i can @ in discord to get help with that?

Seems most of the active crowd is on east

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Capn Jobe posted:

I started playing this a month or so ago after coming across this thread, and have been enjoying it. Even ended up leading a small guild just from people leaving.

I have a good stable of heroes at level 120, but I seem to be perpetually stuck there. I just don't seem to have a consistent enough source of new w no end in sight. Is there another consistent source of feeder heroes that I'm missing?

Unfortunately the game does have a few choke points. Sometimes the only solution is to wait a bit, but here's a bit of advice to minimize it.

The big thing a lot of people do wrong is try to ascend too many heroes, wasting fodder. Pick 5. 1 from each tree, and 2 from the tree you use faction scrolls on. These might not be your favourite heroes to start but just what you have copies of.

Outside of that.. some events give really good faction fodder rewards.